News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part VI

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Some Dater news

$3.89? Shit, where does he live? Gas prices are creeping up towards $3 in Boulder, and gas is always more expensive here because this city is full of rich yuppies who have too much money to care how much gas costs. Go to the next town over and you'll pay $2.80 or less. If you know where to go, you could be paying significantly less than that.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
$3.89? Shit, where does he live? Gas prices are creeping up towards $3 in Boulder, and gas is always more expensive here because this city is full of rich yuppies who have too much money to care how much gas costs. Go to the next town over and you'll pay $2.80 or less. If you know where to go, you could be paying significantly less than that.
Is that $3.89 for a US gallon? Boo f***ing hoo, we are paying more than double that in Finland. 1.97€ per litre today. Though I guess it hurts more because of the type of cars you guys have over there, big trucks with big engines.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Is that $3.89 for a US gallon? Boo f***ing hoo, we are paying more than double that in Finland. 1.97€ per litre today. Though I guess it hurts more because of the type of cars you guys have over there, big trucks with big engines.
We’re also far more reliant on cars for travel than Europeans.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I feel like this is kind of a meme. Europeans think we drive big ol lifted trucks all the time where really we drive crossovers. Where Americans think Europeans drive tiny diesel hatchbacks, where they really drive crossovers. Yeah both exist, but the largest segments are crossovers and SUVs my a good margin.

After living with an EV for 6 years and a plug in for a few prior to that… I can imagine driving a gas or diesel car daily anymore. Just such a pain. Fun cars… sure. Towing, absolutely needed still. Daily… it sounds like such a burden at this point. Filling up, maintenance, waiting for it to get warm… etc. I absolutely dread having to use my truck and my other cars barely get 2k miles a year.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
I feel like this is kind of a meme. Europeans think we drive big ol lifted trucks all the time where really we drive crossovers. Where Americans think Europeans drive tiny diesel hatchbacks, where they really drive crossovers. Yeah both exist, but the largest segments are crossovers and SUVs my a good margin.

After living with an EV for 6 years and a plug in for a few prior to that… I can imagine driving a gas or diesel car daily anymore. Just such a pain. Fun cars… sure. Towing, absolutely needed still. Daily… it sounds like such a burden at this point. Filling up, maintenance, waiting for it to get warm… etc. I absolutely dread having to use my truck and my other cars barely get 2k miles a year.
Funnily enough, it would be a very accurate stereotype about Canada outside the big cities and 90% of them (without company decals) will be pavement princesses. From the amount of people driving them who can’t seem to see pedestrians (in crosswalks with walk lights) until they’re right on top of them when turning left, I’m convinced they either have terrible sight lines where people can disappear behind the pillar for way too long or there is a law that you must remove your brain the moment you step in one (like Costco)

It’s 1.83/L here and something like 1.68/L back home so even 3.89/gallon (which is about 1.40/L) would be lovely

Reactions: henchman21

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Funnily enough, it would be a very accurate stereotype about Canada outside the big cities and 90% of them (without company decals) will be pavement princesses. From the amount of people driving them who can’t seem to see pedestrians (in crosswalks with walk lights) until they’re right on top of them when turning left, I’m convinced they either have terrible sight lines where people can disappear behind the pillar for way too long or there is a law that you must remove your brain the moment you step in one (like Costco)

It’s 1.83/L here and something like 1.68/L back home so even 3.89/gallon (which is about 1.40/L) would be lovely
The more rural you get in the US, the more trucks you’ll see for sure. Even where I’m at (pretty rural) you see more CRVs and RAV4 sorts of cars than F250s.

Lately my truck has gotten a workout, but in the prior 3 years, I think I put less than 1500 miles on it. :laugh:

Reactions: GeoRox89

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
I’d pay to watch Dater try to live off the land.

1710601519586.gif

James G

Jan 1, 2018

You’re not wrong Re crossovers, but the top 3 selling vehicles in 2023 were the F150, Silverado and Ram (in that order), all full size trucks.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Surprisingly smart move by the league. As much as Mack absolutely should be one of the players, given how much he dislikes media attention (except from Biz), kind of hope they just leave the guy alone

I would assume the players would have to agree to do it and wouldn't just be forced into.

If Mack agreed to do it I think it'd be cool to see some behind the scenes of just how much goes into his season and being the athlete that he is.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
I would assume the players would have to agree to do it and wouldn't just be forced into.

If Mack agreed to do it I think it'd be cool to see some behind the scenes of just how much goes into his season and being the athlete that he is.
If he agreed then yes that would be super interesting. He more or less told that podcaster from Halifax he seems to be friends with that when Quest for the Cup was filming they intentionally made sure they talked about everything they wanted and needed to in the window before the film crew entered the room. Wouldn’t put it past the NHL to not give guys the choice

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
You’re not wrong Re crossovers, but the top 3 selling vehicles in 2023 were the F150, Silverado and Ram (in that order), all full size trucks.
Pickup trucks are so f***ing big these days, like WTF? Unless you work on a farm or something it's ridiculous to use those as a daily driver. Every time I walk past one in a parking lot I'm stunned by the size of these beasts.

99% of people who drive them don't need and will never need a car that big.

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
Pickup trucks are so f***ing big these days, like WTF? Unless you work on a farm or something it's ridiculous to use those as a daily driver. Every time I walk past one in a parking lot I'm stunned by the size of these beasts.

And most of them drive like assholes.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom

I have never heard anyone rant about how much worse modern trucks are than the old redneck cousin who still runs his farm in his 70s. Of course this is a guy who once went on the funniest rant of my life about wanting to cut the pony tails off bikers. That man will be dead before he gives up his 90s era truck for a new one

Reactions: Balthazar

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
I have never heard anyone rant about how much worse modern trucks are than the old redneck cousin who still runs his farm in his 70s. Of course this is a guy who once went on the funniest rant of my life about wanting to cut the pony tails off bikers. That man will be dead before he gives up his 90s era truck for a new one

Is it a Ford Ranger? Those things never break

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille