Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbassler

Jul 22, 2009
Supposedly they (Altitude) wanted to make Mose the TV guy, and put Haynes back on radio. Haynes saw that as a demotion and resigned instead. Dater posted an article a couple weeks after the change was announced claiming this was what happened.

And the geniuses at Altitude are now losing millions of dollars. I bet many of them are looking for jobs.

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
Conor McGahey has grown on me both for his radio calls and his occasional TV spots. Moser seems like a fixture at Altitude but I wouldn't mind Conor getting more chances on TV.
McGahey is head and shoulders above the rest. Thing is, PbP on radio requires even more skill, and Altitude has nobody to replace McGahey. But if Calvert is shot, I'd like to see what he could do as the color guy. I understand McNab has been here since Day 1. I understand he is a DU alum. And I'm only a little bit younger, so I remember much of his anecdotal contributions. Still he is an awful announcer. He distracts from the game. He really does not bring any true insights, rather just his own trip down memory lane. If they win the Cup, they should give him a ring...then a gold watch for his retirement.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
NBC is trying to make USA into it's own version of TNT. I don't necessarily understand how the NBA got on TNT to begin with, but NBC wants to do the same with its NASCAR, EPL, and NHL coverage. It is in more viewer households than NBCSN is, so that's a start even if - to me - it's a dead channel for constant Law & Order reruns for senior citizens.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
NBC is trying to make USA into it's own version of TNT. I don't necessarily understand how the NBA got on TNT to begin with, but NBC wants to do the same with its NASCAR, EPL, and NHL coverage. It is in more viewer households than NBCSN is, so that's a start even if - to me - it's a dead channel for constant Law & Order reruns for senior citizens.
As long as they don’t move too many games to Peacock. They put an occasional EPL game over there and it pisses me off.

Mooserton

Oct 4, 2013
Colorado
But I like SVU...

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
NBA has been on TBS/TNT since the late 80s/early 90s.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
As long as they don’t move too many games to Peacock. They put an occasional EPL game over there and it pisses me off.
It's more than an occasional game now, it seems there is at least four per weekend now and some big games too. The worst is by far ESPN+, they purposely put the biggest Serie A matches on their subscription and we're left with Parma vs Genoa or some rubbish like that on ESPN2.

But I like SVU...
That's fine fam, you can like whatever you want to like....however it is still a show for old folks. :D

NBA has been on TBS/TNT since the late 80s/early 90s.
That makes sense how it was grandfathered in there, it would be ultra weird to see the NBA sign a deal with TNT like in 2017.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Are you guys listening to the Athletic Hockey Show? They have good people on as guests to talk about current events, but the two regular hosts are chumps.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
0201211658.jpg

This is actually at King Soopers. My sister found it up in Fort Collins. Didn't know what thread to put it in, but it's good to see MacK pulling in those sick sponsorship deals given how criminally underpaid he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad