Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

LostInMosEisley

A wretched hive of scum and villany
Aug 18, 2020
He's wearing #58. The only Av to wear number #58 is Patrick Bordeleau. I'll let someone else figure out the connection.

Last edited:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
So is the whole Altitude impasse thing is just yesterday’s news eh?
Unfortunately for my Avs brethren in Colorado and some adjacent states, yes. Been going on over a year if I recall correctly. I think the only way they can get it is via DirectTV or DishNetwork. One or the other...not both (can't remember which one). I also believe there is or was some small cable company that had it but it only reaches a very small percentage of the market.

Kind of a shame that in a championship pursuit, the owner of the the broadcast company and both the Avs and the Rockets can't get their games on the screens of the locals across the street from the Ball Arena.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Unfortunately for my Avs brethren in Colorado and some adjacent states, yes. Been going on over a year if I recall correctly. I think the only way they can get it is via DirectTV or DishNetwork. One or the other...not both (can't remember which one). I also believe there is or was some small cable company that had it but it only reaches a very small percentage of the market.

Kind of a shame that in a championship pursuit, the owner of the the broadcast company can't get it on the screens of the locals across the street from the Ball Arena.

Yeah I have DirecTV here in Lincoln so I can see the games. It’s literally the only reason I have it—the vast majority of TV I watch is on streaming services. Dish and Comcast are the remaining holdouts and I believe the latter is the largest provider in Colorado.

The longer this goes on the worse it is for KSE.

Reactions: xpatriatedtexan

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Yeah I have DirecTV here in Lincoln so I can see the games. It’s literally the only reason I have it—the vast majority of TV I watch is on streaming services. Dish and Comcast are the remaining holdouts and I believe the latter is the largest provider in Colorado.

The longer this goes on the worse it is for KSE.
They really need to look to either youtube, hulu, amazon something like that or they just need to step up and go streaming themselves. It would probably put them in market where many in the Colorado area could get them.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
One could only hope. Was just announced a couple weeks ago Gary Thorne won't be coming back for the orioles. Would love ESPN to get back in it and bring back Thorne. Liked Levy as well.
Thorne isn't the bloke you thought he once was, he was doing some of the World Cup/NCAAH games and just didn't really go well due to his age.

There is a legit (and I mean legit) insider for the sporting TV world and he says that Fox will be making a huge push for the NHL once the current deal expires on NBC. He predicts that FOX and NBC will split the rights to both the regular season and playoffs, but I believe he said that NBC will still get the Stanley Cup finals. Doesn't think ESPN will be a player, except to push their online subscription with potentially more NHL games.

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
For media deals I think streaming has to play a role. The exclusivity of the NBC deal has hurt the league and they cannot make the same mistake by not including streaming from the onset.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Thorne isn't the bloke you thought he once was, he was doing some of the World Cup/NCAAH games and just didn't really go well due to his age.

There is a legit (and I mean legit) insider for the sporting TV world and he says that Fox will be making a huge push for the NHL once the current deal expires on NBC. He predicts that FOX and NBC will split the rights to both the regular season and playoffs, but I believe he said that NBC will still get the Stanley Cup finals. Doesn't think ESPN will be a player, except to push their online subscription with potentially more NHL games.
Makes sense. ESPN is bleeding money. They've let a lot of people go in the last 2-3 years. Supposedly want to "renegotiate" their MLB deal now and not pay as much.
They have the NBA and ratings are way down. They've ruined college football with their push for the playoff. Ratings for the National Title Game were the lowest in 16 years. They just agreed to give the SEC huge $$$ to get them away from CBS in 2023. Wouldn't be shocked if they didn't bid for the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad