News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
What a bunch of whiners. "Waaahh, they are trying to pressure providers into signing workable contracts, much like one already has, in order to allow fans to see games. I got mine, legally or not, so others can stuff it, and/or the team's channel can fold. I would rather hockey be 2nd/3rd/4th choice on a shared channel than 1st/2nd on a dedicated network, if it meant not having to see a few ads/banners or listen to some catch phrases."

Y'all complain more about a few plugs for a broadcast partner than you do about the crappy officiating some nights. And I can just imagine the whining about this post already. Yeah, there is some strawmanning....but god it seems like that is the attitude of at least some in here.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
giphy.gif

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Leaving this here

I’m curious, what’s so bad about this?

It’s not like he puts all this in an article and uses some form of clickbait for you to only discover your email opening a page to read about actors. If it’s something you don’t want to read all it takes is a 1/8th of a screen size swipe of the thumb and read the tweet above it.

I mean I’m all for bashing Colorado media. It’s my thing lol. But I don’t see a big problem with Clark tweeting gifs and other OT Avs tidbits. Especially with all the ridiculous other clutter in my twitter feed during an Avs game.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

It’s not like he puts all this in an article and uses some form of clickbait for you to only discover your email opening a page to read about actors. If it’s something you don’t want to read all it takes is a 1/8th of a screen size swipe of the thumb and read the tweet above it.

I mean I’m all for bashing Colorado media. It’s my thing lol. But I don’t see a big problem with Clark tweeting gifs and other OT Avs tidbits. Especially with all the ridiculous other clutter in my twitter feed during an Avs game.
Ah, I didn't realize that was a shot at Clark. Hockey media runs these kinds of articles and tweets all the time.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

He tweeted that in the middle of last game when the Avs were scoring like crazy. I wouldn't mind this Tweet on a Sunday AM.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
He tweeted that in the middle of last game when the Avs were scoring like crazy. I wouldn't mind this Tweet on a Sunday AM.
He tweeted it during the intermission because of that skit that was taking place lol.
AJ was tweeting about tacos during legit game play.

All I’m saying is it seems like one hell of a thing to nitpick at. We have our Twitter feeds clogged by “media” arguing with each other, calling each other out, giving hockey opinions that would make anyone who has actually played the sport cringe yet Clark tweets out a recap of a jumbotron skit during an intermission and that’s who we choose to crap on?
If Ryan Clark’s twitter feed makes someone so upset I can’t imagine what the likes of Chambers, Dater and AJ would do to you. Or the dozens of people employed by Kroenke yelling at television providers over their twitter feeds.

Reactions: madman and MarkT

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He tweeted it during the intermission because of that skit that was taking place lol.
AJ was tweeting about tacos during legit game play.

All I’m saying is it seems like one hell of a thing to nitpick at. We have our Twitter feeds clogged by “media” arguing with each other, calling each other out, giving hockey opinions that would make anyone who has actually played the sport cringe yet Clark tweets out a recap of a jumbotron skit during an intermission and that’s who we choose to crap on?
If Ryan Clark’s twitter feed makes someone so upset I can’t imagine what the likes of Chambers, Dater and AJ would do to you. Or the dozens of people employed by Kroenke yelling at television providers over their twitter feeds.
To each their own I guess.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The way altitude has handled themselves throughout this whole ordeal is super embarrassing.

Couldn't agree more. I've lost a great deal of respect for both KSE and Altitude over this.

I know Comcast and the other carriers aren't innocent in this either, but it's a business negotiation. Neither side has agreed to a deal yet. Altitude seems like they're running a propaganda operation on their own air to get everyone to believe Altitude bears no responsibility in this, and Comcast has just shut them out and hates their fans.

It's no wonder a group of executives who would take that kind of immature strategy, f***ed up the negotiations to begin with and don't have a TV deal. There's likely way too much incompetence in that group.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Couldn't agree more. I've lost a great deal of respect for both KSE and Altitude over this.

I know Comcast and the other carriers aren't innocent in this either, but it's a business negotiation. Neither side has agreed to a deal yet. Altitude seems like they're running a propaganda operation on their own air to get everyone to believe Altitude bears no responsibility in this, and Comcast has just shut them out and hates their fans.

It's no wonder a group of executives who would take that kind of immature strategy, ****ed up the negotiations to begin with and don't have a TV deal. There's likely way too much incompetence in that group.

I mean leaving your 3 biggest contracts to expire all at the same time already shows a ton of incompetence.

And then to strut around like you’re being hard done by and to throw around these stupid catch phrases just seems so high school to me. And yeah like you said, Dish and Comcast are by no means innocent here, but I wouldn’t want to negotiate with a company that acts like Altitude.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I mean leaving your 3 biggest contracts to expire all at the same time already shows a ton of incompetence.

And then to strut around like you’re being hard done by and to throw around these stupid catch phrases just seems so high school to me. And yeah like you said, Dish and Comcast are by no means innocent here, but I wouldn’t want to negotiate with a company that acts like Altitude.

I don't remember exactly how he worded it, but that KSE guy they keep putting on said something a couple weeks ago during the broadcast that implied they had only really been having serious talks with the big 3 a few months before the season.

That's just an idiotic and arrogant strategy. They never seemed like they planned well for this whole ordeal to me. You can tell because they left themselves with no back up plan, and the Amazon option seemed to just occur to them after the season started.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I don't remember exactly how he worded it, but that KSE guy they keep putting on said something a couple weeks ago during the broadcast that implied they had only really been having serious talks with the big 3 a few months before the season.

That's just an idiotic and arrogant strategy. They never seemed like they planned well for this whole ordeal to me. You can tell because they left themselves with no alternatives, and the Amazon option seems to just occur to them after the season started.

Imagine Landy, Mack, and Rants contracts all ended at the same time and Sakic only started contract negotiations like 2 months before the season started. We’d all be calling for his head.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Imagine Landy, Mack, and Rants contracts all ended at the same time and Sakic only started contract negotiations like 2 months before the season started. We’d all be calling for his head.

And even though that'd be a bad idea, at least they'd have the excuse that they didn't want the distraction of negotiating during the season. That doesn't apply to KSE and the big 3.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
What's the original complaint? Stupid tweets? Do you want, "Girard takes slapshot and it goes in!" instead?

Yes.

I'd have liked a guy like all the other journalists from the Athletic who cover the other teams. I know, I know....that's a lot to ask.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Is that advice only applicable for Clark or for the whole Avs media circus?

Both. I'll agree insofar that I find the jobs Dater and AJ trade to be tiresome at times. But not enough for me to block either guy. But I really don't know what's so bad about Clark's tweets. If you find them inane, fine. I don't care about the content they post there anyway, I care about their writing. Twitter is a cesspool for conspiracy theorists, white supremacists, and an unhinged tangerine-tinted buffoon currently residing in the White House. If you're looking for quality content there, all I gotta say is...good luck with that.

The only guy I've unfollowed recently who's associated with the Avs is Jake Schroeder. And what he posted wasn't that bad either, it just didn't sit well with me and it's my Twitter feed, so I simply removed him from it. Simple as that.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Both. I'll agree insofar that I find the jobs Dater and AJ trade to be tiresome at times. But not enough for me to block either guy. But I really don't know what's so bad about Clark's tweets. If you find them inane, fine. I don't care about the content they post there anyway, I care about their writing. Twitter is a cesspool for conspiracy theorists, white supremacists, and an unhinged tangerine-tinted buffoon currently residing in the White House. If you're looking for quality content there, all I gotta say is...good luck with that.

The only guy I've unfollowed recently who's associated with the Avs is Jake Schroeder. And what he posted wasn't that bad either, it just didn't sit well with me and it's my Twitter feed, so I simply removed him from it. Simple as that.

This is the place to vent and I find it disappointing that "our" Athletic guy is acting like a 50 yo man pretending to be a teenager on Twitter (I know he isn't 50, that's the worst part).

We already had a healthy dose of immature journalists covering the Avs and this happened, it's frustration more than anything else I suppose.

PS: He doesn't get a pass because he's good at writing stories, just like Dater doesn't.

PSS: I'm not going to block him, I follow him for scoops and updates. Memes and the childish stuff during games is the unwanted "bonus content". I'd not give a shit if he did that on his personal (non-professional) twitter account.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
This is the place to vent and I find it disappointing that "our" Athletic guy is acting like a 50 yo man pretending to be a teenager on Twitter (I know he isn't 50, that's the worst part).

We already had a healthy dose of immature journalists covering the Avs and this happened, it's frustration more than anything else I suppose.

PS: He doesn't get a pass because he's good at writing stories, just like Dater doesn't.

PSS: I'm not going to block him, I follow him for scoops and updates. Memes and the childish stuff during games is the unwanted "bonus content". I'd not give a **** if he did that on his personal (non-professional) twitter account.

I don't see it as that childish. He's not lashing out at anyone, just posting mildly amusing stuff.

And we've discussed on here how he's actually not the go-to guy for "scoops" so I'm still not sure why you don't just mute him and read his stuff on The Athletic.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I don't see it as that childish.

Really? This is what you see when you click on his name, does it look professional to you?

7FyC3TE.png

And we've discussed on here how he's actually not the go-to guy for "scoops" so I'm still not sure why you don't just mute him and read his stuff on The Athletic.

He actually was the first to post a handful of news and updates. He also posted and retweeted interesting The Athletic links. The bad may have outweighted the good recently but there's still some good stuff hidden in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille