Player Discussion Colin White - C/RW - PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Even if White just becomes an above average 3C, he'll be worth his contract, more or less.

Lars Eller is someone I'd consider one of the best 3rd line centers in the league,and he makes 3.5 mil.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Even if White just becomes an above average 3C, he'll be worth his contract, more or less.

Lars Eller is someone I'd consider one of the best 3rd line centers in the league,and he makes 3.5 mil.

Well White is making 4.75M, there's quite a difference. That's way too much for any 3C, no matter how good. You wont be able to pay the rest of the legitimate top 6 forwards if you carry contracts like that, it's going to cost you someone better at the end of the day.

WaitingInVain

Jul 5, 2012
Well White is making 4.75M, there's quite a difference. That's way too much for any 3C, no matter how good. You wont be able to pay the rest of the legitimate top 6 forwards if you carry contracts like that, it's going to cost you someone better at the end of the day.
That's not entirely true.

With so much youth on the top 9, those entry-level contracts will balance a few overpayments.

I'll keep saying it, but it was an overpayment of White to get Chabot signed and enable the projected future run.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
That's not entirely true.

With so much youth on the top 9, those entry-level contracts will balance a few overpayments.

I'll keep saying it, but it was an overpayment of White to get Chabot signed and enable the projected future run.

It was an overpayment of both to get fans to shut up

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Well the 3rd line centre with the Islanders has an AAV of 5M and is making 7M this year.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Need more offensive output if we are to ever consider him a top-6 talent; right now he's a 3C - not bad, not great.
Same idea for a guy like Paul. Doesn't hurt to have these guys playing your bottom-6 instead of older (worse) veterans.

StutzlingAway

Feb 28, 2017
He's been really good. I'm happy he's playing wel finally. Earn that contract Whitey!! Attaboy!!!
Another solid outing.

You can see how much better he is moving without the nagging groin injury and now he is a puck hound again.

With even a bit of luck he would have about 5 more points too.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
So if he is centring our best line and making 4M, is he providing negative or positive value ? Anyone ?

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Regardless, he's setting himself up nicely for a buyout this summer...

Colin White? His play has been very good for the last few weeks, if he maintains this level of play he is will be a very useful player.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
He's playing very well and has been one of our best forwards all year. Looks like his scratching had nothing to do with his play, much like with Zub.

If he keeps it up he'll definitely avoid a buyout this summer.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
He's playing very well and has been one of our best forwards all year. Looks like his scratching had nothing to do with his play, much like with Zub.

I understand the Zub scratch, imagine they wanted him to get more comfortable with the systems and all in practice before playing since we basically had no exhibition.

On the other hand with White it doesn't make any sense considering Anisimov really hasn't played well. I can even understand not handing a spot to White if the coach felt like he wasn't giving full effort or something like that but there's no way Anisimov or Stepan should've played before him.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Glad to see he is finding his game.

I had him as a potential elite 2nd line C a few years ago. Seems unlikely to happen but he has proven to be a dependable player, he doesn't make many mistakes.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I think with Zub we were just waiting for his vocabulary to hit that critical threshold of 30 words...

Colin White on the other hand has been good ever since he started playing with an autographed o'pee chee Mark Stone rookie card in his back pocket so that he can forever be on a line with Stone going forward (which btw was DJ Smith's idea so full credit to Smith for turning aound White's game and preventing a buyout)

Reactions: CuomosMoustache

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
If only we had an emoji that could relay to the reader that the comment was made using a sarcastic tone...
For anyone that has been following this thread I didn't think an emoji was necessary. But I like what you did there.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I am happy for White and the team as having him become a legit 2C is huge for us.

I am super excited for me though because with this long layoff I can't imagine how much better I will be in my mens league.

But I guess everyone else will be so much better from not playing too...now I am just confused.

Either way, scratch Logan Brown for a week then bring him up to dominate.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad