Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Is that sarcasm? Emoji needed.
giphy.gif

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
This is the best he has ever played. He alos looks like he is enjoying playing hockey, which sometimes the fun gets lost in the losing. he is pretty entertaining to listen to as well

Reactions: Icelevel

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I feel Ottawa would be well advised to trade him in a package for a legit top 4 RD or more skilled option on forward.

I love White, and I hope I am wrong but I dont see anything that screams top 6 C threat, I think he'd be better served as a winger, he doesnt have the creativity down the middle.

That or get this guy creative wingers.

Reactions: SENStastic

WaitingInVain

Jul 5, 2012
Trade him with the contract? Have to eat a couple more year first before the tango.

I do think he, and maybe Norris are eventually shifting to RW.

White is the Connor Brown of future years, the 3RW that can score a little more.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I feel Ottawa would be well advised to trade him in a package for a legit top 4 RD or more skilled option on forward.

I love White, and I hope I am wrong but I dont see anything that screams top 6 C threat, I think he'd be better served as a winger, he doesnt have the creativity down the middle.

I think he should be centering Stu and Bath. If his current line wasn't playing so well I think he'd be there already.

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018

I don't want any part of the last year of his contract tbh.White appears to be trending up but to something like middle 6 territory at best.

The Sens problem is there's just nothing down the middle. Tierney is a year from UFA and that's about it in terms of NHL quality centres on the roster. Moving White is not that easy for that reason. He's been ok this year, so just ditching him would be a loss.

If they can package White to get a top 4D or a better C, I'd like to do so. If he is moved as part of a move for a defenceman, then they have to make another deal for a centre.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
You guys wanting to trade White for a top 4 D have to consider who is making these trades and .. we are liable to end up with Ceci as our top 4 D

It may seem like a feeble excuse but White was injured last year and he was injured early this year.

He is playing very well right now. He is responsible defensively, on the puck in all 3 zones and now helping put the puck in the net. 4 points in 3 games?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It may seem like a feeble excuse but White was injured last year and he was injured early this year.

He is playing very well right now. He is responsible defensively, on the puck in all 3 zones and now helping put the puck in the net. 4 points in 3 games?
Yeah, he is playing well, still a very young player let him get his reps see what player he can become. He had so many chances that Price robbed him on two games ago and had 3 goals since then. I don't get this board sometimes.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I wonder what kind of injury DJ was alluding to when he said he was playing dinged up. He's looked good lately aside from faceoffs, maybe a wrist issue would make sense?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I wonder what kind of injury DJ was alluding to when he said he was playing dinged up. He's looked good lately aside from faceoffs, maybe a wrist issue would make sense?
Went 5/7 yesterday , was 5/6 until that 4 on 4 Dzone draw where he was sent out with Norris. Baby steps I guess. Hard to guess what that injury he's been playing thru could be

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
He's getting more comfortable. I still think he has what it takes to be a strong 2C but he needs the linemates, he isn't a driver of a play.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I think he can establish himself as a 2nd line centre by the end of the season. He's had hustle which I didn't see last season and I hope he makes his contract appear like a steal!

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
He was one of the players I was most worried about.

He only had a "good" not great rookie season, his sophomore season was bad, and he was signed to a big contract. I was hoping for a turnaround and then he loses a starting spot and the team traded for Stepan.

Realistically, I don't think he was ever going to be a superstar, but if he can just be a 45-50 point center on a playoff team for 4.5M, I'm fine with that.

Reactions: Icelevel

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
White's faceoff numbers are looking pretty bad this year, and DJ mentioned he was playing banged up, i suspect the two might be related.

In his first 11 games White took 100 faceoffs and was about 46%, close to his career average. Since then he's taking fewer draws and averaged ~31%.

The drop off was pretty steep too, games 12 to 18 he was 25% on 48 draws, and that coincides with Paul taking more draws on that line so he was primarily only taking draws on his strong side so the numbers could have been worse.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
He's getting goals but he hasn't exactly looked good in the process. His decision making is sometimes baffling to me for a player that was supposed to be a smart, pesky type of guy.

He's always going to be a bottom 6 guy in my mind, and there's guys beneath him that are going to push him for his spot (Greig, Pinto).

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Thought he’s been worse but the goals are there so that’s a good sign

But half of those were scored on a goalie playing in his first game ever and one on an empty netter. He has less shots than Zaitsev and the same amount as Gudbranson, In my opinion he is exactly what he is right now. I'm hard on him, I don't think he's a special player in anyway, but he hasn't been awful and isn't a total liabilty this year, he just doesn't generate enough offense and is an anti possession player. All that being said, I think he is having a good season by his standards.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
But half of those were scored on a goalie playing in his first game ever and one on an empty netter. He has less shots than Zaitsev and the same amount as Gudbranson, In my opinion he is exactly what he is right now. I'm hard on him, I don't think he's a special player in anyway, but he hasn't been awful and isn't a total liabilty this year, he just doesn't generate enough offense and is an anti possession player. All that being said, I think he is having a good season by his standards.
None of this is totally wrong.

with white I think it’s a matter of finding the right people to play with. He’s at his best when he’s the facilitator on his line. I would like to see him between stutzle and batherson. Someone else had mentioned this as well in another thread I believe it was @MrCraigAnderson.

My view is He would just need to clean up situations for those players and wouldn’t keep the puck on his stick when it should be on one of their sticks. That’s where I think you’re gonna get the best out of him. But I mean right now he’s hovering around .5 ppg. Hard to argue with that when he’s not exactly an offensive dynamo.

Reactions: robsenz

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

The bold is such a strange complaint...

His 5v5 shots is currently 116 among all forwards, two fewer shots than Crosby, and Draisaitl, one fewer than Pettersson and Point, same number as Scheifele and Aho, one more than Gaudreau and Landeskog. Nothing wrong with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad