Player Discussion Colin White - C/RW - PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
White's confidence seems to be growing. Also seems to be a little more jump in his step.

Starting to look the part of a decent 4th line C. I wish he would actually hit someone but baby steps I guess.
Already much better than a 4th line center, he’s an average 3rd line guy at this point.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I've seen every Sens game. Hes a 4th liner atm. He has looked better and I'm not saying he can't ever improve here.

Well I have watched every game as well!

He wasn’t great to start, now he’s playing really well.

Never was, and still isn’t a 4th line centre.

Reactions: cudi

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I've seen every Sens game. Hes a 4th liner atm. He has looked better and I'm not saying he can't ever improve here.
It's time
upload_2021-2-13_20-51-34.png

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Funny, but what's funnier is all the White should be in on our top line jokes I heard all offseason around here.

I'm done on the White topic for now. Enjoy your day everyone

Never heard one.. I'd like to though

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Fair.

Not sure who that Twitter guy is but could care less about what some random dude thinks.

Colin White is a 4th liner until he proves he's not.

White has been playing his best hockey in the last few games, today he was the line driver with two hard working wingers. Him and Daddy clicking is excellent news for the Sens, hope they keep it up. Atm, Colin is playing like a top-9 centre, and if he keeps it up he is de facto top-6 centre on this team. Eventually I see him behind Norris in depth chart, as the team continues to find or grow a legit number 1 centre.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Disrupting play
Physical
A lot of drive
Still some errors
But playing his best hockey since a long time

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He’s been our best centre since re-entering the lineup in Vancouver.

I wouldn't say since Vancouver but he's been getting better and better. He's using his legs right now and he needs to continue.

Reactions: GCK

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Fair.

Not sure who that Twitter guy is but could care less about what some random dude thinks.

Colin White is a 4th liner until he proves he's not.

Dude. He's producing like a low end (who isn't on this team) 2nd line C. He's been a possession monster as well.

The way he is playing he would be by far the best 4th C in the league.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Even last year, White was producing more than a 4th liner.

This is obviously not the 80's anymore

Like I said - there was nothing good about our drafting from 2012-2014. This also includes that our two 1sts (Ceci/Lazar) were immediately followed by high end skill players (Hertl / Teravainen / Mantha).

Well, of course, the vast majority of draft picks are followed by what would have been better picks, this isn't a Senators thing at all

And while the 2012-14 Sens drafts weren't anything to write home about, there's a few things to consider. I talked about it yesterday so can jut copy/paste and re-arrange

- We still got 2 regular NHL players in 2012 (Ceci) and 2013 (Lazar)

- Eventually traded Lazar for a 2nd, which resulted in Formenton, so in hindsight that Lazar pick could still pay big dividends

- Eventually traded Ceci for Connor Brown and Zaitsev. Pretty good trade in hindsight. Drafting Ceci was not the best possible scenario but getting several years of regular NHL players is much better than a pure bust or a cup-of-coffee player at 15th OA, which used to happen quite often.

Rest of my quote :

Even if they were not "great" picks, there was not that many "better options" left on the back half of the first round these years. 2012 was a weak draft and 2014 was seen as even worse. That's why the GM didn't mind trading our 1st that year to get a guy that played 6 seasons in Ottawa and scored almost 300 pts. We also have to mention Maidens that was an excellent gamble in the 3rd round, but unfortunately never recovered from his concussion issues. There's also Driedger (that Dorion let go for nothing) that is turning into something good.

Last edited:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Ottawa's best center right now. Is that saying much? I think that would be a fair comeback. But the more i watch, the more i discover all the little things that he does and shows off a pretty high hockey IQ. Like, his ability to have opponent passes hit him in his skates, happens alot. Yes, he is in the right spot, but also what I note is his approach angle to a player, and clearly angles his skates towards the player. Very clever.

He is trying risky plays, which I can live with. That tells me he thinks he can make a play, and I can also live with that if sometimes it doesn't go our way. And that assist last night is not a 4th liner assist.

I need to see the guys develop in this dumb season, and he is playing perhaps his best overall hockey of his career

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad