Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
New thread - Last one hit 1000

Colin White at eliteprospects.com

e0347f30-c5da-11e9-bfbf-dc1a782c0df6

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
He will be ok he is a great kid from a solid family ... having slight groin issue ... he can do it all and you will have a solid #2 NHL 2-way centre in 3 years of development ... groin pulls/strains are a very TOUGH injury to recover from FAST... really no need to panic ... Norris will be your #1, White your #2 and L Brown your #4 for many many years to come ... no need to over react ... folks you are gonna have a better team this year than most think ... there is a good chance you outpoint da Oilers who have zero defense and zero tending and you are gonna be a tough out every night so don't get down on yourselves this year ... next 2 years are all about player development not league standings

Reactions: TheDebater

CorrectOpinion

Mar 8, 2016
He will be ok he is a great kid from a solid family ... having slight groin issue ... he can do it all and you will have a solid #2 NHL 2-way centre in 3 years of development ... groin pulls/strains are a very TOUGH injury to recover from FAST... really no need to panic ... Norris will be your #1, White your #2 and L Brown your #4 for many many years to come ... no need to over react ... folks you are gonna have a better team this year than most think ... there is a good chance you outpoint da Oilers who have zero defense and zero tending and you are gonna be a tough out every night so don't get down on yourselves this year ... next 2 years are all about player development not league standings
We have zero defense!

I sure hope you are right tho!

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
He'll be a cheap buyout at the end of the season. We'll only have to pay 1/3 instead of 2/3.

I don't blame the coach. By all observers he didn't beat out Stepan/Norris/Batherson/Dodovnov/Tierney/Brown. Those aren't impossible expectations for White. If he can't do that at this stage, just move on.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
He'll be a cheap buyout at the end of the season. We'll only have to pay 1/3 instead of 2/3.

I don't blame the coach. By all observers he didn't beat out Stepan/Norris/Batherson/Dodovnov/Tierney/Brown. Those aren't impossible expectations for White. If he can't do that at this stage, just move on.

I agree, this will help the player succeed. It establishes a minimum level of execution he must meet before he’s going to be given ice time. Anything else would be cheating or lying to him.

Sitting isn’t a big deal, if he sits Friday he probably plays Saturday or vice versa. What’s important is the Sens use this chance to develop the asset before they make a decision on a buy out or Seattle protection.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa

Glad to see the buyout is already being planned :rolleyes:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Which observers?

Reactions: Xspyrit

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
This is great as long as it's applied consistently to the over the hill vets we brought in as the season goes on.
*relative to the roles they play
That's the key, in my opinion. It's not about overall performance, it's about your performance in the role you're asked to play. If the coach says your focus isn't to generate offense but to be a hard forechecker and to disrupt the other team's offensive gameplan, I don't think it's fair for the fanbase to be upset with the guy if he doesn't produce points.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Colin,
We are all pulling for you buddy. Looks like you made some good progress in the long off season. Keep the momentum going.

Reactions: Flamingo

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
*relative to the roles they play
That's the key, in my opinion. It's not about overall performance, it's about your performance in the role you're asked to play. If the coach says your focus isn't to generate offense but to be a hard forechecker and to disrupt the other team's offensive gameplan, I don't think it's fair for the fanbase to be upset with the guy if he doesn't produce points.

This is fair to evaluate any player - but you need to be a pretty effective player no matter what role you play to be worth an AAV of $4.75. Starting next year his average salary for the next four years is $5.125 . The Sens can walk away from that at 1/3 the cost if they think they can find better replacements at less money including the buyout payment. If his development is static this year they most certainly can.

For example players like Duclair at $2 million or Hoffman at $4 plus White’s buyout maybe a better use of that $5.15.

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
This is great as long as it's applied consistently to the over the hill vets we brought in as the season goes on.

IF they really follow their own preaching, how many guys there will be left in the line-up by the end of the season? What happens when players have an "off-night"? What happens when you have already benched so many?

I am starting to think DJ and Dorion are just newbies trying to re-invent the wheel

Of course you want players to give their best and everything but this "balls to the walls, play like your life depended on it" is getting tiresome fast. It's just not realistic in a 82 games season, and even less in a condensed 56 games sprint. That's why having more pure skill could be helpful when it's unrealistic to go balls through the wall all the time. Like I said before, it's a mix, you don't need all your players to play the same way. What's next? They are going to ask the goalies to be more intense? :laugh:

I'm thinking they are hoping to catch teams off their guard. They watched the Habs in the playoffs and thought, we can also do it!

The coaches and management who make these decisions.

So the same guys that piss away assets like if we were the Tampa Bay Lightning?

Actually, the Lightning don't even do that. Brisebois has been working hard and been extremely patient to lose the less assets possible to fix the crazy cap situation they were in (hard to blame them for having too much talent)

Why is Tampa extremely cautious with every asset and we're not?

Last edited:

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Nice to hear PD praise White today on the team 1200 that he hasn’t been falling down all over the ice.

I’m looking forward to seeing where his game is. I assume he will play at least one game this weekend.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Imagine if White sits for Anisimov, the latter scores, and White’s like “f*** yeah Arty, but for f*** sake Arty”.

Not a fan of sitting White for the opener, especially given his work this summer in bulking up, and how his camp has been. Anisimov has been really good apparently though, put the work in this summer also, and shed dead weight. One got lighter, the other heavier. Will be interesting to see how it affects them. If White sits for the first game, he’s likely back in for game two, and I’d expect him to come out flying. Maybe it’ll end up working out.

Last edited:
Reactions: bert

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Imagine if White sits for Anisimov, the latter scores, and White’s like “f*** yeah Arty, but for f*** sake Arty”.

Not a fan of sitting white for the opener, especially given his work this summer in bulking up, and how his camp has been. Anisimov has been really good apparently though, put the work in this summer also, and shed dead weight. One got lighter, the other heavier. Will be interesting to see how it affects them. If White sits for the first game, he’s likely back in for game two, and I’d expect him to come out flying. Maybe it’ll end up working out.

Arti is a decent player - he was well on his way to his 5th 20+G season in 7 years on limited ice time and opportunity ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad