Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Zucker firing candy hearts at the Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
So I have seen this a few times now, or rather, "heard" this a few times...

It's not Zuh-ker, it's Zooker for the proper way to say his name?
Good question. The announcers were calling him Zooker. The Minny radio guys that frequently have his wife on seemed to be saying Zuhker. :laugh:

Sheary/Sharey. I'm just going to split the difference and call him Zoouh-ker.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I personally like Riikola but I heard something from Sully today that really caught my attention. He said "Pets is not a guy who just fires it off the glass and out and we need that vision on our defense." And I think that's what he hates about Riikola. Riiko is a simple player. I like his skillset. But I think Sully does not.

To me, Riikola is the opposite of that. If anything, he seems to always look for an outlet pass even when the situation might call for a high bank off the glass. If anything, IMO, Riikola does exactly what Sullivan wants the D to do in those situations.

-----

As for the game:
+Zucker. He was flying tonight and I was glad he was rewarded with 2 goals. I was afraid he'd be snake bit after that one chance where he beat Price, but the puck slid off his stick and missed a wide open net.

+Sid. Hopefully he's found a rhythm with Zucker. He looked much more dangerous tonight than I've seen him for a while.

+Jarry. Made some big saves. Only goal that beat him was on a deflection.

+Simon. It's weird, but he seems to look okay on Sid's line. Terrible everywhere else, but in sync with Sid.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
To me, Riikola is the opposite of that. If anything, he seems to always look for an outlet pass even when the situation might call for a high bank off the glass. If anything, IMO, Riikola does exactly what Sullivan wants the D to do in those situations.

-----
I was thinking the same thing. IDK. I'm going to focus on him more the next few games.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Good question. The announcers were calling him Zooker. The Minny radio guys that frequently have his wife on seemed to be saying Zuhker. :laugh:

Sheary/Sharey. I'm just going to split the difference and call him Zoouh-ker.
The weird thing is they would say Zuhker and then apologize and correct it to Zoohker, so I wonder what that's all about.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The thing I don't buy about the Riikola thing is that he's one of the underrated puck handling players on the defense, like after Letang and Marino, I would say Riikola is one of the best and he's shown it several times, so for him to be "dumping it off the glass" is not something I have seen him do much but it was something Maatta was doing a lot, JJ was doing, etc, it seems like something Martin is a fan of, it's not Sarge's game when he played.

Something about that just doesn't seem right. Like these same chaps on the team think ZAR is a fantastic player.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I was thinking the same thing. IDK. I'm going to focus on him more the next few games.
Yeah, same here. Might be tough since he barely plays like 10-11mins.

Like it's weird to talk that up about Pettersson and then hold that same thing against Riikola.

Edit: I downloaded the Tampa and Habs game, I am going to watch Riikola's shifts and see if he's been doing that.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
f***

RIP Zucker

if Sheary to Sherry is any sort of precedent

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
You know what this game told me?

We need goal scoring Geno/Crosby back. Lets just see one of them start ripping shots at the net regularly. Both have good shots Ovechkin does it lets go!

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
It's just weird that if the new pronunciation is the correct one, that it took a trade for him to finally just say "Hey, it's actually..."

I mean...is his family German? Because the way you guys are saying it now, it is exactly how Zucker is pronounced....which means sugar....

this acquisition gets sweeter and sweeter!

Reactions: ETA

Tumty

Aug 18, 2012
Finland
When Jake gets back. What do you guys think we go with? Jake with Sid and Zuck, or with Geno and Rust? Ofc we need to stay healthy to see this.. But oh boy we are in good shape if healthy.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
So it is just, Zucker. Why are the Pens media saying it so weird, damn yinzers.

Why is there so much warter in the crick? lol

When Jake gets back. What do you guys think we go with? Jake with Sid and Zuck, or with Geno and Rust? Ofc we need to stay healthy to see this.. But oh boy we are in good shape if healthy.

hate him....but...I run Zucker-Crosby-Simon and Guentzel-Malkin-Rust...easy as that.

Reactions: BigEezyE22

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
No it's not "Zooker", it's Zucker. Just like it's not "Ja-Re", it's Jarry (like in to "carry" something). And it's not "Sha-Re" it's Sheary (like in the shear size of it).

Pens players all be like

You want to pronounce it differently you change the f***ing spelling in your passport.

ORDNUNG MUSS SEIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad