Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Zucker firing candy hearts at the Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+++++++++++ Sid/Zucker: Sid was FLYING out there tonight and Zucker was cleaning it up. That is exactly why we got the guy. Simon was a nice little third wheel to that group as we thought. He carries the puck well and supports the play. I like it.

+++ Jarry: Amazing tremendous goaltending. He made key saves when we needed it. Desperately needed it. Then the Pens took off like crazy.

+++ Letang: #1 solid defense tonight. Great transitions, great defense, great effort. I thought Letang was tremendous for a full 60 minutes.

Lots of positives, IMO tonight. Seeing a 4th line that can actually play minutes is cool. Seeing Geno/Rust flying around is fun. McCann could have had 3 goals himself. Defense was bending but not breaking. And most importantly we needed to take on a very aggressive and hungry Habs team to stay alive and they handled it. Honestly I thought the Pens handled it with ease. f***ing excellent game. Great effort.

----- ZAR Scored an ENG when he can't do shit offensively. :laugh:

BlackAndGold87

Jul 13, 2017
i

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
No surprise with Zucker. He showed last game he is going to be getting chances and has a great hockey iq.

Good game all around.

Reactions: Rudy Russo

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
+++++++++++ Sid/Zucker: Sid was FLYING out there tonight and Zucker was cleaning it up. That is exactly why we got the guy. Simon was a nice little third wheel to that group as we thought. He carries the puck well and supports the play. I like it.

+++ Jarry: Amazing tremendous goaltending. He made key saves when we needed it. Desperately needed it. Then the Pens took off like crazy.

+++ Letang: #1 solid defense tonight. Great transitions, great defense, great effort. I thought Letang was tremendous for a full 60 minutes.

Lots of positives, IMO tonight. Seeing a 4th line that can actually play minutes is cool. Seeing Geno/Rust flying around is fun. McCann could have had 3 goals himself. Defense was bending but not breaking. And most importantly we needed to take on a very aggressive and hungry Habs team to stay alive and they handled it. Honestly I thought the Pens handled it with ease. ****ing excellent game. Great effort.
I thought Tanger had a very good game than looked at stats: 3 shots for 18 against at ES....holy moly

----- ZAR Scored an ENG when he can't do **** offensively. :laugh:

I thought Tanger had a very good game than looked at stats: 3 shots for 18 against at ES....holy moly

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
++++ Geno. Thought he was best player on the ice.
+++ Jarry
+++ L1. Zucker deserves all the credit he’ll get, but I thought Simon was awesome.
+++ Letang. @ColePens put it well.

— Horny’s role. Need to find a spot where he can be effective. He’s too good of a player to run out of linemates for.

- Petts. Still not happy with his game and I don’t think it’s up to Cup run 2LD caliber at all. What’s frustrating is we KNOW he can be better.

++++++ Easily our best game since the bye. Even with a weaker opponent. Great stuff, felt easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad