Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Sens play a perfect clean game while being routed by the Pens 5-2

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
I can't wait for someone wearing stripes with a set of balls to sell out the league and how it mandates how games are called. It's pretty obvious everything is centered around the obsession with parity. Still a garage league. Always has been always will be at this rate.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Gotta add this: When Jake went out, Gally-Geno-Rust was okay-ish. As long as Gally keeps it going north-south, MAYBE it's workable in theory. BUT, Sully needs to have a short leash.
I want to see kahun there, gally cannot win one battle on the wall, with gally their possession number would plummet

Reactions: Andy99 and KIRK

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
++++++ Geno/Rust/Jake: Anyone have any other words for this group? Unstoppable? HBK like? I don't know what else to say. They are amazing.

++++ Letang, JJ, Pets, Marino: I could give each guy a plus, but i'll lump 'em in. I thought all 4 were incredible. From defense to offense - great. Tangers played like a star. JJ is playing like the guy JR thought he signed. Pets was confident tonight. Marino is Daley on crack. He's so good!

++++ Layers: Offensively and defensively we just have layers. It's wave after wave of defense and offense. The flow right now is 2016 like. It's worth every single second of time spent watching this team.

+++ Jarry: A December he will never ever forget. Do this through June and i'll buy you a beer, my friend. A beer. Please run this strong through June. Bring this team another one.

++ Everyone: Horny, Simon, Blender, Gally. I just have nothing but positives.

- Please be okay Jake. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Agree with everything.

... except to say that GMR is obviously much, much better than HBK that feasted on relatively weaker opposition whereas GMR is playing everyone's best and owning them.

Early Happy New Year to all from Shanghai.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I want to see kahun there, gally cannot win one battle on the wall, with gally their possession number would plummet

I know, but we're going to be stuck with it to start. As I said, SHORT LEASH.

My only fear is that option B will be ZAR. :laugh:

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Gotta think it's very likely that was a broken collarbone for Jake. But, to be honest, I think the team is going to keep rolling even without him, especially if Sid is coming back soon.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
This team...man they are special. Sooo solid on every front.

-Jake either broke his wrist or collarbone so we'll see him in March. LW just became a BIG problem.

What?

I wont believe it til I seee it. Hes the Ben Roethlisberger of the Pens. Always looks like he took an injury that ended his season and then hes fine.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
If Jake is indeed out long term it's not the worst timing since at least Sid is close to coming back.

Hopefully Jake just has a bad bruise or something.
In my opinion, if I had to put a percentage mark on Jake being out longer term...
I'd say, 90% chance he will be out 3+ months.

No way in hell that was just a bruise.
I hope I'm wrong. Very wrong.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
What?

I wont believe it til I seee it. Hes the Ben Roethlisberger of the Pens. Always looks like he took an injury that ended his season and then hes fine.

I agree he does always bounce up when he shouldn't. But I would bet a lot of money he broke one or the other. I'd make an avatar bet with you to make it interesting?

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Malkin is a large man, he can take of himself for 35 seconds. I don’t have a problem with the decision. The Senators are just fake tough guys who hurt people when they are in vulnerable spots. This game is on the NHL for not protecting stars. Chabot is a *****e who can’t sniff Malkin’s jock strap.

:huh::huh::huh::thumbu:

Reactions: KIRK

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Agree with everything.

... except to say that GMR is obviously much, much better than HBK that feasted on relatively weaker opposition whereas GMR is playing everyone's best and owning them.

Early Happy New Year to all from Shanghai.

I definitely agree and happy new you to you, as well!! :yo: If you see @HandshakeLin .... RUN.

Reactions: KIRK

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I hate to be critical after a win but considering how chippy this game was at times and how physical the Sens played, was it really necessary to put Geno out there with under a minute in the game?

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010

Malkin knew what time it was, he isn’t 14 years old. Again, he can take care of himself. There’s no way Sullivan was keeping him on the bench there.

KIRK, this is a professional athlete. You’re going to hide him on the bench there? That’s not how this works. You might want that to happen, but no way is Sullivan going to make that decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: reino and vodeni

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
That Marino play had 3 parts to it.

1) He came flying down like a bat outta hell to keep the puck in.
2) He stops, makes an insane move around a dman and frees up space
3) He gets a pass through 2 guys over to Horny for a goal.

That was insane. The way Schultz is playing this season, he would have backed out of the zone w/o any confidence. Marino was like "Naah.. f*** this. I got it."

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Update on Jake

10percent.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille