Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Sens play a perfect clean game while being routed by the Pens 5-2

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Well maybe we can slide Sid onto the top line and keep rolling. Does this mean Letang is automatically the last man in, or does Geno finally get consideration now? Ugh...I guess we are down to 5 players that have played every game. Unfortunately that list will likely continue to shrink. Well hopefully the team makes it to June, so that Jake gets in a playoff game or two.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
Unfortunately we don't have anyone to oblige Wilson.

I'm not sure why someone hasn't tried to cheap shot him back with a tommy type hit.
maybe just go low when you see him coming.
even in its toughest error, guys would defend themselves by bringing up their sticks when someone was running around. just wrap him in the mouth, he might lose a few teeth and slow down a bit

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
Having guys who move like sloths to provide pushback is and has always been dumb for this org... it’s how they lost Naslund and the last two seasons.

I already said Reaves was the answer, but he’s gone and JR chased after big slugs.

If he wants a legit talented physical presence he will have to pay through the teeth, if he’s lucky enough to even get that opportunity.

Maybe if the refs did their jobs... oh wait only been saying that since I started watching this clown shoes league.

while true that the league is a joke when it comes to this. Its the team's fault they ahaven't addressed this better. its been happening to them for years, even when mario played.
you've already mentioned the reeves situation but there's more

when evander kane was available, did we see any interest from the pens? a legit tough guy who can play in your top 6/top 3 and can pot 30 goals

winnipeg traded him in Feb 2015.
less then 5 months later we're all in on the kessel trade, yet another non physical perimeter player.

this mind set needs to change

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
I'm not sure why someone hasn't tried to cheap shot him back with a tommy type hit.
even in its toughest error, guys would defend themselves by bringing up their sticks when someone was running around. just wrap him in the mouth, he might lose a few teeth and slow down a bit

I'm pretty sure Ryan Reaves has.

Reactions: lastcupever75

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Duncan Keith is pretty good at that.

Reactions: lastcupever75

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Having a little push-back in the lineup is the new "dumb"? Interesting

Here are your options as I see it:

Screw the Push Back and take your lumps like last night without complaining (please note, wanting the Refs who are all former goons to mediate justice is well.... laughable?)

ADD a Nuclear weapon, Reaves comes to mind, coach doesn't play him, wastes assets obtaining, dump him losing more assets.

Trade for a tad more grit up and down the lineup that fit into your system. Very hard to accomplish this one for a multitude of reasons.

The reality is that this lineup, minus Gally, is what Sully likes. Most likely his players will simply have to eat the pain, especially come playoffs

This is exactly accurate to be honest IMO. Just play is his mantra and while he gets very vocal at the refs on the ice, ultimately he relies on them to do their job to protect the players. Games like this are ones where the Penguins only answer to the cheap shots is scoring 5 goals. Or Malkin taking someone out ala Wheeler. And you hope you make it through the game without injuries. Our style works against big physical teams, but cheap garbage organizations and players like Wilson, we definitely don’t have an answer to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad