Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: POWERPLAY GOALS, ZAR, EMPTY NETTERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Do you actually think they are going to move Zucker? I think Hextall/Burke/Sullivan would rather move on from Malkin.

They very well might. It certainly is one explanation for Sullivan attaching Zucker to Malkin's hip.

The great irony, of course, is that the Zucker/Malkin combo and goaltending are the two red flags with this team.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Holy overreaction Batman!

I don't think that it is, it's been a major problem under Sullivan and it was under Bylsma. Malkin's potential is wasted under this coach, who consistently watches his line flail around and does almost nothing to change it. You can't pay 9.5 for that.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Good win. Style points aside, Pens are getting healthy on D and Cici who I liked due to his RH shot, size and if you keep his minutes in check, he is very serviceable. Matheson despite many who tanked the deal does bring needed skill to the back end and if the coaches can keep him moving in the right direction, he can be good second pairing D man. POJ is hit a little wall here and will go back to the cab squad when Petts is back,

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Geno with the lowest TOI probably in his career...just when you think it can't go worse....
anyways...First line awesome
third line really really good, bet game of the season,
second line remains terrible

with all his faults this is the best TJ's game...first time over 90% and over 80% on HDSF

If our weak links on defense are Ceci and Matheson, we are in good shape, I wish 58 and 6 pick up a bit, Marino wasn't bad tonight, Tanger with a few headscratching plays but also with a few really good plays...

Reactions: Andy99

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
52zTFdP.jpg

pm24QOY.jpg

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
Malkin looked like he had some jump in at the beginning ... but yikes with that effort on the third goal

Sid was EXCELLENT

Matheson was great both sides of the ice.

Jarry.. eh he wasn’t good , but he did make a save every now and again

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Nah. He deserves to retire here. I’m not gonna bail on the guy that absolutely carried us for several years because he’s finally getting old. Call him out, sure. But demand he be gone? No thanks.

I think he does too. I'm not demanding he be gone, at all. I'm saying the coach doesn't trust him and doesn't value what he can bring to the team, and we are paying too much money to have a superstar be a third consideration behind lines 1 and 3.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Trade Malkin? You are an idiot.

Now trade Zucker, that makes a lot more sense. There is nothing I have seen from Zucker that indicates he is currently a top 6 player in the NHL. On this team, I am not sure Zucker is even an improvement on our L4 wingers. Trading Zucker improves the Penguins more than any other move.
Jason Zucker is on pace for 25+ goals in an 82-game season as a Penguin.

But he's not a top six player.

Yeah, OK.

Is he playing well right now? No. But he hasn't even played 40 games in a Penguins uniform.

All of this Zucker talk reminds me of how quick people were ready to ditch James Neal after the Penguins first acquired him, when he scored one goal in his first 20 regular season games.

MeinerEiner

Dec 9, 2013
Cologne
There’s one interesting stat. The Pens had 14 blocks after the 1st period and finished the game with 17! What happened that they stopped blocking shots?

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Not throwing shade at this win, because I’m happy about it. But is anyone else largely unimpressed with Washington? I think they’re the worst team the Pens have played just far. Even the NYR impressed me more.

they definitely have the worst D and goaltending out of the other teams we’ve seen so far in the division (excepting the Pens)

Reactions: ncm7772

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Jason Zucker is on pace for 25+ goals in an 82-game season as a Penguin.

But he's not a top six player.

Yeah, OK.

Is he playing well right now? No. But he hasn't even played 40 games in a Penguins uniform.

All of this Zucker talk reminds me of how quick people were ready to ditch James Neal after the Penguins first acquired him, when he scored one goal in his first 20 regular season games.
I don’t think Zucker is a problem at all. His play for this team has been largely excellent. That line is just a mess.

Reactions: Doogle

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
The obvious thing to do is swap LWs.

Zucker played great with Sid, Guentzel played great with Malkin...Its a win - win.

But for some reason it has never been tried since

I'm guessing Sid wants Guentzel.
Or maybe everyone and their grandmother recognizes that Guentzel-Crosby-Rust works extremely well. Why break something to try to improve another area?

Reactions: radapex and ncm7772
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad