Status
Not open for further replies.

GregR

Mar 4, 2002
Undefeated since ZAR came back

hi-res-3650dc1eb63fb20597104737c826688e_crop_north.jpg

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
We got over 90% as far as saves goes. Must be the first time this season? It sure as hell aint many times at least.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
Solid win, regulation.

+Some positives on the PP, more aggressive and trying to get to a finsish a lot harder and faster
+More aggressive PK, liked what I saw
+6 goals

-Still 3 goals agaist, more important that we scored more though
-Not that much else, but still missed pats of the game
-Celebs on snowy mountain, what the actual f*ck america?!

patrick-stewart-dancing-paramount-plus-super-bowl-ad-commercial--1255913-1280x0.jpeg

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I don't want to overreact with ZAR because I got super hyped with Jankowski after only 2 games, but man he looks completely different this year. He looks like an actual 3rd line winger for this team right now, to the point where I'm glad he's a RFA after the year and am glad they kept him.

Just really surprising to see. I thought he was going to be completely toast after that shoulder surgery, but he looks better than ever.
ZAR’s defense is the most noticeable thing for me. Team D is lacking and he definitely adds there.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Really good game all around.
+Love to see Tanev get a goal.
+ZAR has been great.
+Matheson showing his worth.
+Teddy is one of the best 3C’s in the league.
+Bryan Rust is an all-star.
+Jake and Sid and really line 1 in general, just dominant.
+Ceci

-goaltending letting up 3 goals ever single game.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Everyone knows the good things that happened so I'm going to focus on L2.

Malkin needs to be traded or needs to be gone after this season. He's been paid too much to be a distant consideration behind L1 and LINE THREE. Sullivan has never cared for the big Russian and never bothered to make any adjustments that would help him succeed. Other coaches understood that Malkin is and can be a major engine to drive this team to success. It's been a pattern throughout his career. You maximize Malkin's abilities and it always turns out well for the team. Sullivan has never done that and only begrudgingly tailored linemates to Malkin's talents when Crosby was injured, and he broke up the line without a second thought as soon as Crosby returned.

What you're seeing from L2 is a disaster. It's completely pathetic. Like so many other Malkin lines under Bylsma and Sullivan; they could not give two shits about helping this player. The end of this game played out exactly as Sullivan wanted it to: ZAR scoring, the third line playing the last minutes, the first line playing the last minute, and L2 nowhere to be seen. That's pretty terrible for Malkin, who has always thrived on being trusted in the biggest moments.

I'm not here to defend the ONE awful play from Malkin today. He was fine the rest of the game. But my God it's time for him to leave.

Reactions: Andy99

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Goaltending as I feared in the summer is our biggest issue.

L2, as I feared in the summer, our other big issue.

That said, watching today, here's my glass half full take:

Hextall has chips of Zucker and one of Pets/Dumo to solve his goaltending and L2 mix issues.

Would there still be questions? Sure . . . can you trust Matheson and how much of what's ailing Geno has been having Zucker attached to his hip would be the big ones.

I'd still wonder to varying degrees about the mix on the 4th line, BART in the playoffs, what you get from L1 against a good defensive team in the playoffs, which Letang you get, etc, but those are questions that come from you actually making the playoffs.

Reactions: Andy99

MeinerEiner

Dec 9, 2013
Cologne
A lot of positives imo
— 1st line
—Matheson, Ceci, Ruh
— PP was much, much better
— Jarry getting confidence back. You can see how he slowly but steady gets his mojo back. Big saves on Ovi, Carlsson and on the 2on1. You can blame the Vrana goal on him, but this does not happen to a team like the Bruins. Help each other out and this goal does not happen.

I don’t know what to say about the 2nd line. It’s just not there, plain and simple. Something needs to happen soon and I think Hex and Burke know it already.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
++Matheson
++Sid's Line in the O-Zone
+Marino
+Ceci
++++BART
++PP Goal

+/- Jarry. Gave up 1.5 bad goals based on his positioning. Made big stops when the defense broke down. And it did.
+/- Letang. I mean it's Letang.

----Geno on that 3rd goal. Not much more needs to be said.
---Geno's linemates. Beyond just the chemistry. I've liked Kappy and Zucker for spurts here but I feel like for the assets we gave them plus the cap space we should have been star-chasing instead of getting intriguing middle-sixers.
--PK's softness once the other team gets established.
---Sid's line in the defensive zone. Bad.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
+ Building block for Jarry
+ Guentzel-Crosby-Rust dominated at even strength
+ POWER PLAY GOAL!
+ Looks like Pens have a real third line again, even if it doesn't always end up in the back of the net.
+ Ceci isn't anything special, but he at least doesn't make massive mistakes as long as he doesn't have to overextend
+ Matheson with his best game

- Bad penalties. Letang (x2), Zucker. This team has to stay out of the box
- Still some things to clean up in the defensive zone as a unit.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I don't think I've ever seen Ovie be that invisible.
That’s his game, IMO. He still attempted a ton of shots. When he connects he’s visible and you worry about him. When he doesn’t, his game looks like it did today. He’s not much away from the puck. He didn’t try steamrolling anyone, which was surprising.

Reactions: Ginger Papa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->