Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Please bring me Gallant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
As most things go you completely misread my takes.
It’s still very early in the season. Our third line was held pointless today, and our fourth line has scored 1 goal in 3 games; let’s not throw a parade declaring these lines as successful yet.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It’s still very early in the season. Our third line was help pointless today, and our fourth line has scored 1 goal in 3 games; let’s not throw a parade declaring these lines as successful yet.

1 goal in 3 games is a great contribution from a 4th line.

The point is you were a butthead all summer about how all three of these guys would do nothing for us and they’ve already contributed a ton in the first three games.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If by beauty you mean a game that would have you drinking so much that your liver would fail, that it was.

Yeah, still very sloppy. It was like the Caps were trying to prove they were sloppier than us and that's why the Penguins won. You look at that OT and you basically saw the Capitals doing their best Penguins impersonation.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
lol. You’re the one making proclamations about Matheson and Ceci.
Very true. I don’t Ceci every finding his way this late in his career. Matheson has looked very crappy as well. I’m overly critical of Matheson because of his immovable contract; I need to remember that isn’t his fault FL was dumb and Jr was even dumber.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Very true. I don’t Ceci every finding his way this late in his career. Matheson has looked very crappy as well. I’m overly critical of Matheson because of his immovable contract; I need to remember that isn’t his fault FL was dumb and Jr was even dumber.

Matheson was fine last game when he was used how he should be.

Reactions: CrosbyMalkin

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Just finished watching. Wow. Same ole shit. How did they win??? I am shocked. Terrible from our stars again, this time Sid can be included too next to usual suspects like Geno, Letang and Dumo. Terrible special teams, especially powerplay is laughable. Once again digging our own graves in the defensive zone too, see Lafferty turnover or Marino´s.

Overall, terrible effort. But they got a win vs the Caps and I can´t say it was not fair, because somehow someway Caps were the same shit and somebody had to win eventually...

Sid still passing to the opposition, Letang still collapsing especially on the powerplay, Malkin still being a ghost. Btw how can Malkin miss the net 3 times in 3 minutes in 3 glorious chances at the end? Guy is either physically cooked or mentally cooked or both. This is brutal from our stars.

Also Lafferty played himself out of the lineup once KK is back. ERod goes to that 4th line. We probably lose this game if Matheson and Ceci played instead of R+R...

Man, Caps not being better than this shit from us makes me a bit happy. They are probably really bad as well. But it is as sad of a win as it gets in rivalry game. Really. 2 points are the only positive but I don´t feel any better about this season. Not even a little bit.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005

And they only played 2 and 1 game. We all need to give this team at least 10 games to start evaluating anybody negatively. With no preseason games we should have expected some of this especially with our new guys that are not used to our system or teammates. That being said Jankowski looks like the real deal to me.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I liked what I saw out of Matheson in the 2nd game, first game he looked like a new player learning a new system (that most of our players don't even know at the moment). Ceci was just, meh but our worst defensemen the 3 games have probably been the top pair - Dumoulin & Letang.

They've been an epic joke so far.

Reactions: CrosbyMalkin

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's sad to see Laff get sat and probably benched next game because of one mistake. Other guys have so much more rope.
Are we surprised though? It's the usually Sully thing. He'll let muppets on this team play out of their funk, but a youngster that should be learning from his mistakes and getting a chance to redeem himself, don't and by the time they do, they've sat for so long they're coming in cold and have to somehow get into a groove rather quickly.

Reactions: Riikolas Revenge

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think whoever’s call it was to scratch Ceci and then Matheson deserves credit. Whether their play warranted it or not that took like an entire year to happen with Johnson, it’s rare that guys making a lot of money get sat.

The risk is you hurt their value league-wide when the memo gets out that they can’t even stick in out crappy roster but at this point who cares, the window is like a sliver at this point. We need to be hard on guys to perform well right now, this is it.

I hope it keeps happening up and down the lineup.

Reactions: Trade

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I think whoever’s call it was to scratch Ceci and then Matheson deserves credit. Whether their play warranted it or not that took like an entire year to happen with Johnson, it’s rare that guys making a lot of money get sat.

The risk is you hurt their value league-wide when the memo gets out that they can’t even stick in out crappy roster but at this point who cares, the window is like a sliver at this point. We need to be hard on guys to perform well right now, this is it.

Matheson is on IR

Reactions: Jacob

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Are we surprised though? It's the usually Sully thing. He'll let muppets on this team play out of their funk, but a youngster that should be learning from his mistakes and getting a chance to redeem himself, don't and by the time they do, they've sat for so long they're coming in cold and have to somehow get into a groove rather quickly.
I hate Sully, but who are these youngsters you are referring to? I guess Riikola maybe?

I think people on this site always have such high hopes for below average players if they are under 25 years old.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

Matheson was only scratched because he was injured.

Reactions: Jacob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad