Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Please bring me Gallant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Coming from behind at least shows they have some fight in them. I’m not big on “momentum” in sports but hopefully a few guys got some confidence and a bit more game practice under their belts today.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don’t think I’ll watch this because of the cliches :laugh: but here ya go

Seriously, these reporters only ask questions about individual players or lines...there’s zero questions about strategy, why the same problems keep cropping up like too many men on the ice, or any sort of global look at the team...they’re afraid he’s going to give them a scowl or something...go do your f**king job!

Reactions: ncm7772

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Seriously, these reporters only ask questions about individual players or lines...there’s zero questions about strategy, why the same problems keep cropping up like too many men on the ice, or any sort of global look at the team...they’re afraid he’s going to give them a scowl or something...go do your f**king job!
how do you not ask question about PP, when are you going to change something you are 1 for 17 or something, it looks like crap...

Reactions: Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's because they don't want to get on the teams bad side. No pens reporter has the bollocks to say "what did you guys think went wrong in the first two games with the style you play? Do you think there has been any productive changes made and what were they?"

Reactions: Andy99

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I bet it was awesome. Just simple, effective play from the bottom pairing. Nothing spectacular, nothing flashy, not perfect but the glaring mistakes were probably minimal in comparison to any JJ, Schultz, Ceci, Matheson fiasco we've seen. /wistful sigh

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Oh my god, I f***ing missed a Riikola-Ruhwedel bottom pairing game. :'(
It..it....was so...

giphy.gif

Probably the most consistently solid pair vs the Caps.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Really not surprising at all because Ruhwedel and Riikola have been with the Pens for a while now. They know the system and Matheson and Ceci with no preseason games on a new team and system will need to be eased into games.
i'm sorry but there's only so much adjustment they should need. they make millions of dollars to play the game at a high level, so there really shouldn't be that long of an "easing into" period. but otherwise i do agree they need to get better acquainted

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
People are still clamoring for Lafferty to get more opportunities?

I...don’t...get...it

What do people see in him? I mean I guess at least people have seen the guy play unlike the people chanting for O’Conner. Yohe said he izzz good.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
i'm sorry but there's only so much adjustment they should need. they make millions of dollars to play the game at a high level, so there really shouldn't be that long of an "easing into" period. but otherwise i do agree they need to get better acquainted

You think it shouldn't take this long? 2 games and no preseason games is too long! Really! I remember Gonchar and Martin took half a year. Your expectations for a new defenseman added to the team and be ready with no preseason games for game one is pretty extreme. Matheson was always going to be a project and not having any preseason games didn't help his learning curve. Plus look at Dumoulin and others starting off the season poorly. Judging Matheson and what he could become for us after 2 games is pretty unfair.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Rodrigues 3 GP 1 G
Jankowski 3 GP 1 G 2 A
Sceviour 3 GP 1G
I’m glad Sceviour scored on a wide open net.

Jank has been better than I thought. Rod won’t be a factor again after Tuesday. I believe you were more angry about Jank because he could potentially take Blueger’s spot as 3C, and we all know your feelings about Ted.

236ee382fdf16973567dc3bb44c21b51.gif

I was completely wrong about the third line, so far.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I’m glad Sceviour scored on a wide open net.

Jank has been better than I thought. Rod won’t be a factor again after Tuesday. I believe you were more angry about Jank because he could potentially take Blueger’s spot as 3C, and we all know your feelings about Ted.

236ee382fdf16973567dc3bb44c21b51.gif

I was completely wrong about the third line, so far.

As most things go you completely misread my takes.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Dman Rankings through 3 games

1. Petterson
2. Ruhwedal
3. Riikola
4. Letang
5. Marino
6. Ceci
7. Matheson
8. Dumoulin

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Not if Ceci has anything to say about it.
Feces is going to get waived soon.

JR has to waive his stupid ass, at this point, Ruhwedel has shown 2 straight games why he's better and Ruhwedel is like a rotational player as well as Riikola who Sullivan/Reirden even had up with Marino for a few shifts.

Their bias is showing in the proper way for once.

Reactions: 66-30-33
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad