Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Rangers - The Ogre/Cole Positive Train! CHOO CHOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
When you try your best... but you don't succeed...
I'm ready
CkXUW.jpg

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
What the penguins record when dealing with (key) injuries? That is a tough stat to follow with the numerous injuries, but I'll be damned, I think they play better.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Also @Jiggy will like what he witnessed from AJ tonight.
There was one play where he was zipping into the Rangers zone and got checked pretty hard and it didn't phase him/didn't get knocked on his ass. Just bounced off it and kept chuggin' his legs. He's getting comfy and looked good with more ice tonight.

Ya, he’s not falling down anymore like he did when he first turned pro. I heard he got stronger, and he did look as if he had, but you have to see it agt the big boys.

Now we have to see if he can use his speed to turn the corner on NHL defensemen... if he can show that and his hands can keep up, I’ll be pretty excited.

That could give them four young guys that can really close on pucks... just wish he would score so he could stay in over Wilson when Malkin is back.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
What the penguins record when dealing with (key) injuries? That is a tough stat to follow with the numerous injuries, but I'll be damned, I think they play better.
They play a simple game. And when you have lesser players that's precisely how you need to play. Make the smart safe play, manage the puck well and get puck support from your linemates. It's a simple formula but very effective. Don't try to be fancy and do too much.

Reactions: shoplifter

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Ya, he’s not falling down anymore like he did when he first turned pro. I heard he got stronger, and he did look as if he had, but you have to see it agt the big boys.

Now we have to see if he can use his speed to turn the corner on NHL defensemen... if he can show that and his hands can keep up, I’ll be pretty excited.

That could give them four young guys that can really close on pucks... just wish he would score so he could stay in over Wilson when Malkin is back.
yeah I really hope Sully sees what he's doing out there. Not just offense, he has caused some turnovers that lead to good stuff too.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
When geno is back Id like to see them try this

Jake sid rust
Horny malkin bujs
McCann Tb kessel
Simon Cullen aj/Wilson

I think that third line is starting to get more and more chances. Young kids might wake up kessel

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Gud with his worst game tonight as a Penguin imo.

It came in a 5-2 win, and he still wasn’t noticeably terrible. Contract/history/etc aside, he’s been quite a nice pickup so far.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
They play a simple game. And when you have lesser players that's precisely how you need to play. Make the smart safe play, manage the puck well and get puck support from your linemates. It's a simple formula but very effective. Don't try to be fancy and do too much.
Yeah, but they were disgusting to watch for long stretches this season.
I throw up a lil bit in my mouth thinking about back when we had brasstard out there...
Total 180 from a short time ago.

They couldn't even connect passes... I mean... they were awful! That was when they were almost fully healthy - Schultz.

Reactions: Ryder71

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
Nice to get the win but a terrible defensive game. So many side to side save by Murray.

I think the man power on D is fine. The Fs are just bad at collapsing to the net and come back with little reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad