Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Rangers - The Ogre/Cole Positive Train! CHOO CHOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
i wouldn't say that just yet with Gudbranson, very small sample. Hell even with Schultz, we didn't know for sure until he had that 51 point season a year later.
Not every players role is to score goals. Not even the slightest bit logical.
Gud is not here to score goals.

Reactions: Ryder71

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Not every players role is to score goals. Not even the slightest bit logical.
Gud is not here to score goals.

didnt say he was...just saying you should wait a bit before declaring its a good trade.

I remeber how good Oleksiak looked his first 26 games here.

Schultz wasn't a sure thing until Jan 2017.

Reactions: Peat and BillPrep

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
didnt say he was...just saying you should wait a bit before declaring its a good trade.

Guds came here with one role. He is doing that role smart and competently. When he starts 7 game series-- like almost every player, his role will be amplified and you would not want him on the opposing team.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Feels like Bjugs has been better than those point totals and I don't mean that as a shot.
He is way better than brasstard by a long margin. He's out there making things happen and a + not -6 like btard.
Numbers aren't everyone, that should go without saying.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Not my boy
giphy.gif

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
He is way better than brasstard by a long margin. He's out there making things happen and a + not -6 like btard.
Numbers aren't everyone, that should go without saying.
Of course, my point was more that I've noticed him and he's been a positive force night in and night out. So it FEELS like he should have more points.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Oleksiak didn’t look good in his first 26 games..

He scored some goals, but he was a mess. Gudbranson has been playing simple hockey. I agree tonight was not good on his part though.

Reactions: BHD

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Great job by the team to rally and grab these two points after what I thought was frankly a horrendous start. Not just the goals but I thought we got out skated hard early. Bjugstad gave us some life though and Murray kept us in it and once we tied it up we started rolling.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Don’t look now... Blueger is on a 20 goal/ 35 point pace :laugh:
A few years back the coaching staff loved Blues potential over Sundqvist’s and Sunny was a pretty good bet to be an solid NHLr then too.. I wouldn’t have batted an eye if they had used him as the 4c last year but i think the extra year definitely gave him confidence in his offensive game

Reactions: Peat

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I know it's the Rangers, but games like that are good to see.

++++ Bluegs and now Johnson. These guys could be the young legs the team had a few years ago.
I really want them to explore a better 4th line down the rest of this stretch, while resting Cullen. This might or might not be a deep run, but we can find out a lot right now going into next season, or the playoffs rather.

Johnson, Blueger, Aston-Reese
Cullen, Blueger, Aston-Reese
Cullen, Blueger, Johnson

Those are all iterations I would start testing the crap out of. It has the makings of an amazing buzz line. It has smarts (Blue), ludicrous speed (Johnson), and pluggery (Aston-Reese).

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
A few years back the coaching staff loved Blues potential over Sundqvist’s and Sunny was a pretty good bet to be an solid NHLr then too.. I wouldn’t have batted an eye if they had used him as the 4c last year but i think the extra year definitely gave him confidence in his offensive game

Blueger seems like a good bet to be at least a 15 goal 30 point guy moving forward. He's got the hockey sense, skating, and shot to do it.

If we keep finding guys like him and Mccann the future is not looking too bad even with our stars aging. I mean you look at Blueguer/Guentzel/Mccann/Rust/Simon and that's some good young forward depth with one borderline star in Guentzel. Then you've got Maatta/Pets who are still young on d, and Dumo isn't that old either. Murray in net, also young and good.

If we can hit on a few mid/late firsts the window should be good even as Crosby and Malkin age. We might not be one of the very best teams but should be able to maintain a level where we're a threat to beat anybody.

Reactions: LittleSpoon

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Someone said it in the game thread. This team just keeps pulling depth NHL players out of its ass.

We had the ‘16 class of Rust, Muzz, Kuhn and Sheary. Then we got Jake. Now ZAR is for real. McCann (cheating I know) is in the same age bracket and looking like a Jake/Rust clone. Simon is coming into his own. And teddy. Oh boy Teddy...

That was a helluva game. Keep that offense firing, keep MM hot, and keep it rolling. I’m lovin it

The dirty little secret is there is a lot more talent out there than people think... its a numbers game.. more people play hockey competitively from a young age now than ever before. They cut a lot of the goonish interference out so size isn’t as big a deal. If you give guys a real shot, many of them will at least be serviceable...

I always go back to what Datsyuk said about Bowman sticking with him when he made some stupid careless rookie mistakes that most coaches banish a player to the ahl or at leastbench them for weeks...

there is plenty of talent, even hof type talent, in those low to mid round picks and college guys if you will be patient and give them shots... you have to live with mistakes at times, and most coaches won’t do that... and many pro level staffs think teaching and development is beneath them...

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
-Rust cant score. And its a trend, he cant score on great a chances.
Oh boy...
go9rggd.gif

Let's forget the fact that he has 4pts in his last 5 games and has been trying to feed Crosby a lot of passes that he's fumbled that he normally wouldn't...

Bryan Rust has 18 goals in 66 games, that's a 22 goal pace. He's also a streaky player that is some how also putting up better than 0.5ppg in his role as the swiss army knife on the team. He's literally been on every line on this team.

The only trend is that he's streaky, not that he can't score on great chances. In the last 5, he has 1 goal and 3 assists, he's also been playing a ton on the PK and is a guy that is fast on the forecheck and has been utilizing his line mates a ton as well.

Sid has 0 goals in 5 games, Rust has been possibly force feeding too many passes to him to get that juggernaut rolling again.

Rust has 4pts in his last 5.
Sid has 2pts in his last 5.
Jake has 3pts in his last 5.

The one thing you might want to brush up on before you verbally shit out this kind of crap, is research. Also, watching.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Oh boy...
go9rggd.gif

Let's forget the fact that he has 4pts in his last 5 games and has been trying to feed Crosby a lot of passes that he's fumbled that he normally wouldn't...

Bryan Rust has 18 goals in 66 games, that's a 22 goal pace. He's also a streaky player that is some how also putting up better than 0.5ppg in his role as the swiss army knife on the team. He's literally been on every line on this team.

The only trend is that he's streaky, not that he can't score on great chances. In the last 5, he has 1 goal and 3 assists, he's also been playing a ton on the PK and is a guy that is fast on the forecheck and has been utilizing his line mates a ton as well.

Sid has 0 goals in 5 games, Rust has been possibly force feeding too many passes to him to get that juggernaut rolling again.

Rust has 4pts in his last 5.
Sid has 2pts in his last 5.
Jake has 3pts in his last 5.

The one thing you might want to brush up on before you verbally **** out this kind of crap, is research. Also, watching.
Lighting up the normies.... a good time classic...

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
McCann-Blueger-Rust

The line I never knew I needed. But I do. I need it. I need it bad.

:naughty:
It's the line I desperately want to see kept together as a unit. I don't think Horny looks good with Bjugstad and especially Simon. If anything, I would also try Simon-Bjugstad-Rust and while Geno is out, try McCann-Blueger-Kessel and then Guentzel-Crosby-Hornqvist.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It's the line I desperately want to see kept together as a unit. I don't think Horny looks good with Bjugstad and especially Simon. If anything, I would also try Simon-Bjugstad-Rust and while Geno is out, try McCann-Blueger-Kessel and then Guentzel-Crosby-Hornqvist.
Can we viably move Horny at this point?
Move phillip, horny..... keep our d corps strong, possibly ship out Maatta.

Didn't think about any of that as I'm not a contract / roster poster, more a color poster... but I'm curious.
where are the contract/roster guys -- @pixiesfanyo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad