Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Rangers - The Ogre/Cole Positive Train! CHOO CHOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Watch DoPS not even make a peep about the De'Angello hit cuz McCann wasn't phased by it. That irks me.

Great job by the boys to polish off this road trip with some goal support for Murr.
Keeping the pressure on the teams ahead of us to win or lose home ice.

Reactions: Rudy Russo

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
This road trip will hopefully pay dividends moving forward, not just by accumulating points, but by building QUALITY DEPTH once Letang and Geno get back.

Reactions: Rudy Russo

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Wolf Shirts are 6-0

Pretty much gonna echo what everyone else said and that it was a great come back win. Murr stayed confident and allowed us to stay in the game, Sid played unreal. Gud was Gud. Wanted to see Adam Johnson get some more ice time, he seems real eager.

images
images
il_340x270.1788917714_7h5u.jpg

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Murray made this look easy...
our forwards are skilled now...we are probably in the top of the NHL in HDCF, if they start getting in...whooooo

and Geno slides right there, my only true worry is Tanger...makes huge difference...

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
He seems to be working really well with Cullen. Good to see that line get on the board.
All these young guys are contributing. And also we're a very fast team again. It's great to see and an encouraging sign beyond this season.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Someone said it in the game thread. This team just keeps pulling depth NHL players out of its ass.

We had the ‘16 class of Rust, Muzz, Kuhn and Sheary. Then we got Jake. Now ZAR is for real. McCann (cheating I know) is in the same age bracket and looking like a Jake/Rust clone. Simon is coming into his own. And teddy. Oh boy Teddy...

That was a helluva game. Keep that offense firing, keep MM hot, and keep it rolling. I’m lovin it
Our team seems to be really good at helping guys make that jump. I think Sid and Cullen are especially good for that.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
More Teddy B
Great trade by JR dumping a sour puss and Mr Laissez faire for Bjug's and McCann
More young legs... loved that little spurt by Johnson, would have liked to have seen if he could finish.

I was pissed when they called that offside.

That was his chance to flash his hands.

TB, Rust, McCann and AJ all on the PK would be so much fun to watch. AJ has silly wheels like I hoped agt NHLers. Really happy to see it.

But, Wilson. Because, Wilson. Coffee and warrior things.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Regarding Gudbranson.

I think more than anything the RH/LH dynamic helped this team. They had waaaay too many LHers and you could see a bit issue when Schultz was out. Big issue. Guys couldn't play their off side at all. Now that we have 3RH/3LH we seem to be so much better in a lot of different areas.

4m for a #6 is a tad too much, though. It will be an issue in the offseason but I'll worry about that shit another day.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I like that we can sit back during the mini break and assess where the division is before we play NSH...CAR could be tied with us or we could have third place locked up with the Caps five points up...it was a huge two points to do this

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Also @Jiggy will like what he witnessed from AJ tonight.
There was one play where he was zipping into the Rangers zone and got checked pretty hard and it didn't phase him/didn't get knocked on his ass. Just bounced off it and kept chuggin' his legs. He's getting comfy and looked good with more ice tonight.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Regarding Gudbranson.

I think more than anything the RH/LH dynamic helped this team. They had waaaay too many LHers and you could see a bit issue when Schultz was out. Big issue. Guys couldn't play their off side at all. Now that we have 3RH/3LH we seem to be so much better in a lot of different areas.

4m for a #6 is a tad too much, though. It will be an issue in the offseason but I'll worry about that **** another day.
yep, Gud is a summer problem. Right now his contract is irrelevant and he's playing solid hockey.

Reactions: NMK11 and ColePens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad