Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Rangers - The Ogre/Cole Positive Train! CHOO CHOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+++++++ Down 2-0 Muz made some really nice saves and the Pens never even panicked. Down Geno/Letang, the boys just put their work boots on and did their thing. We talked a lot about games that were down right insufferable to watch with their poor effort and we are far from those days. Really proud of their effort tonight.

++ Murray: This guy seems to be a consistent in this positive part of the thread. He made monster saves when we were down a goal and gave the team a chance to fly. As he always does, eh? Really not enough words to credit Matt Murray and his turn around.

+++++ Players stepping up: L3, Blueger, Dad, McCann, hell even Trots. We needed guys to step up with Geno and Letang out. And we got that and some. Teddy B and McCann played like they were named Kessel and Guentzel. I probably could have given 10 players a plus tonight but I'm going to lump them all together. Really solid stuff by all the role players. They brought their game.

Honestly I would give every single player a plus tonight. There are so many things to praise. The defense wasn't great and you can tell they are tired playing above their pay grade, but they did pick it up after the first period. That was our big area of opportunity, IMO. Outside of that, our entire offensive group was solid.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
giphy.gif

Seven points got out of a possible eight on a long road trip during the playoff run. Boom!

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
++Murray - guy is underrated around here and has been HUGE during this last stretch. When he is playing well and with confidence like he is now, I consider him among one of the best goalies in the NHL.

++Secondary scoring - amazing to get contributions from guys like Teddy/ Cullen

++Special teams - shorty, PP goal - just a tremendous performance all around

++ Overall team chemistry - tbh, it seems like the group is really gelling as of late and they're having a fun time out there. It's great to see.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Got the job done! 7 out 8 points on a road trip is always great, especially with 3 of the opponents being playoff teams.

Reactions: Trade

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
+++++ Muzz

+++++ Bottom 6 was solid

This team has all the potential and they are playing better and better as the playoffs get closer. Are there things to work on? Sure. Do they need Phil to get going and Geno/Letang healthy and on fire? Sure, but this team should scare everyone in the NHL right now.

My biggest plus goes to the Florida trade. We are a different team since then. Those 2 kids have stepped up in a huge way. What a trade, JR

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Kessel put up points but was rotten again. I just don’t see him breaking out of this. Way too much reaching! I think he’s out of shape.

Reactions: Nakawick

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Great bounce back after the rough start. Good stuff. 1 line team? Goals from every line but the 1st, and a goal on both special teams. Love it.

I also love Blue and AJ. I don't know if I expect AJ to stay in when we get healthy, and he obviously needs to keep this up to deserve to, but I hope he is at least ahead of Wilson and stays in over ZAR until we have a reason to change something up. Either way, having young guys that look like they can make a big play happen come playoff time is awesome. We saw how important that was with the kids in 16, and obviously Jake was another level in 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad