Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Rangers - The Ogre/Cole Positive Train! CHOO CHOO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
OOg0Z6f.gif

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Also it took me all season but I finally can put a finger on who Garret Wilson reminds me of...Dan Frawley.

Skates exactly the same out there.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Heck of a road trip to get 7 out of 8 points.

What's most impressive about that is they did it without Geno and without much help from Sid.

I also want to say that the biggest joke in the NHL is the concussion spotters, how does Mccann not get called back after getting hit in the head the way he did.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I'm just glad Sidney Crosby could manage to salvage some dignity after his career was deemed dead following the first period.
When he was pushed into the net and it dislodged in the 2nd period I swear he was talking to someone in the crowd behind the net. I was hoping the camera would show if they had a sign up or something, but Sid has his eyes on the crowd I thought that was funny.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
++Murray - guy is underrated around here and has been HUGE during this last stretch. When he is playing well and with confidence like he is now, I consider him among one of the best goalies in the NHL.

++Secondary scoring - amazing to get contributions from guys like Teddy/ Cullen

++Special teams - shorty, PP goal - just a tremendous performance all around

++ Overall team chemistry - tbh, it seems like the group is really gelling as of late and they're having a fun time out there. It's great to see.
Murray is the MVP over the last few weeks for sure. I love it.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
+++++ Muzz

+++++ Bottom 6 was solid

This team has all the potential and they are playing better and better as the playoffs get closer. Are there things to work on? Sure. Do they need Phil to get going and Geno/Letang healthy and on fire? Sure, but this team should scare everyone in the NHL right now.

My biggest plus goes to the Florida trade. We are a different team since then. Those 2 kids have stepped up in a huge way. What a trade, JR
If the postseason goes our way, I can see the commemorative BluRay highlighting that trade, showing the cool video of those guys jetting to Pittsburgh, basically running into the locker room, to get out on the ice. That was a cool subplot. I really underestimated how Brass hurt us. I kept expecting him to turn it around.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I know it's the Rangers, but games like that are good to see.

++++ Bluegs and now Johnson. These guys could be the young legs the team had a few years ago.
They've had a bunch of 1 goal games in the last couple months with playoff teams. They seem to get their asses kicked against bad teams but play playoff teams tough.

Not tonight. :yo:

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Great bounce back after the rough start. Good stuff. 1 line team? Goals from every line but the 1st, and a goal on both special teams. Love it.

I also love Blue and AJ. I don't know if I expect AJ to stay in when we get healthy, and he obviously needs to keep this up to deserve to, but I hope he is at least ahead of Wilson and stays in over ZAR until we have a reason to change something up. Either way, having young guys that look like they can make a big play happen come playoff time is awesome. We saw how important that was with the kids in 16, and obviously Jake was another level in 17.

It sucks for Wilson, but he might end up out of the lineup when everybody is back.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Someone said it in the game thread. This team just keeps pulling depth NHL players out of its ass.

We had the ‘16 class of Rust, Muzz, Kuhn and Sheary. Then we got Jake. Now ZAR is for real. McCann (cheating I know) is in the same age bracket and looking like a Jake/Rust clone. Simon is coming into his own. And teddy. Oh boy Teddy...

That was a helluva game. Keep that offense firing, keep MM hot, and keep it rolling. I’m lovin it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad