Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Rangers - Fleuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Have the Rangers just ever flat-out lost a game without there being either some vast conspiracy or utter incompetence from the refs? You wouldn't think so.

Sometimes it would be Gaborik's fault, but they don't have that excuse anymore. So it's all because of the refs now.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Forgot to mention this, but I really dug Jokinen's game yesterday. I would like to see him used on the PK.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Forgot to mention this, but I really dug Jokinen's game yesterday. I would like to see him used on the PK.

Ya i agree and i think hes gonna put Glass on the bench once Sid comes back. Jokinen can take Glass's place on the PK and we got plenty of guys who bring the so called toughness that Glass brings.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
+ First time I've ever been happy with the pens have 3 days off before their next game. That's 3 days where someone doesn't get injured. And then next week another 3 days off.

Now I know bylsma's strategy, keeping glass and Kennedy in the lineup for a reason. We need Bennett and Vitale healthy for playoffs ;)

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
+ Refs for letting Cooke go over and troll the Rangers bench for at least a minute unattended.

Rakunitz23

May 17, 2010
I didn't watch the game aside from the last 3 min of OT, and the Shootout, but I did just watch the Del Zotto hit 4 times in the last 10 minutes. There's no doubt in my mind it's dirty. I dare any of you that disagree to stand up, and attempt to make a natural motion that has your elbow as high as your shoulder. If the elbow weren't shoulder height, I would agree it was an accident. Nobody puts their elbow up to shoulder height unless it's absolutely on purpose (in this case predatory), and it's certainly not a natural movement. He deserves at least 2 games for this

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
Word is there won't be a hearing.

"We don't suspend people for jumping. We also don't suspend people for hits to the head. I am profoundly aroused by the thought that I am carelessly creating conditions that favor reckless play and might ultimately kill someone." - Brendan Shanahan

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
looked like an accident to me. nor do I think Del Zotto is the kind of player/person to intentionally elbow someone in the chops.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
looked like an accident to me. nor do I think Del Zotto is the kind of player/person to intentionally elbow someone in the chops.
I don't know, he knows Neal is coming from behind and he conveniently raises that elbow back. Only watched it twice, so I'm not ready to go ahead with a full scale Ottawa forensics examination.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

I didnt get to watch this game sadly but I agree with this from the replays Ive seen. I think he was intending to interfere with him getting to the puck and did not intend to get him in the jaw with his elbow. That said players do need to be held accountable. To me a fine would be plenty.

Glad to see Fleury playing at the top of his game. Cant wait to see this team play when everyone is back.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'm a little worried about how bad our offense has been the last handful of games. In the 3 games since Sid went down, the Pens have scored a grand total of 3 goals. Even if you include the Isles game that Sid got injured, they've only scored 5 goals in 4 games.

Zatch88

Im stumbling spheres
Oct 20, 2011
Johnstown
I'm a little worried about how bad our offense has been the last handful of games. In the 3 games since Sid went down, the Pens have scored a grand total of 3 goals. Even if you include the Isles game that Sid got injured, they've only scored 5 goals in 4 games.

I think it's because the D sucks at moving the puck without Letang and Martin in the lineup. Most of the D right now seem pretty content to just throw it along the boards and hope someone from the same team ends up with it. The transition game has been horrible these last few games.

PensFan68

May 6, 2003
Pittsburgh
Visit site

The elbow to the head, IMO was an accident. He was clearly trying to elbow him though (which should still be a penalty though, right?), just think it was bad luck that it hit him square in the jaw.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I think it's because the D sucks at moving the puck without Letang and Martin in the lineup. Most of the D right now seem pretty content to just throw it along the boards and hope someone from the same team ends up with it. The transition game has been horrible these last few games.

And yet Bylsma insists on scratching Despres, one of our remaining D who can actually move the puck, in favor of defense-first, no offense slugs.

PensFan68

May 6, 2003
Pittsburgh
Visit site
Speaking of the elbow, what happened with Nash? I'm guessing it was blown out of proportion since I don't really see it talked about much? I'm think him slashing a player on the ice from the bench would be a few game suspension.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I don't think Del Zotto did it intentionally, even though he did leave his feet. I do think he would do something like that intentionally, but not in this case.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

Theres not much chemistry up front either.
Malkin's line hasn't shown much since Morrow was on his wing.

Morrow is slowly getting some chemistry on the 3rd line and Jokinen slotted in between Kunitz and Dupuis nicely for his first game.

If Neal is out, i actually see Geno's line getting some needed elements on it in Morrow, Bennett, Kunitz or Dupuis.

Add to that, Bennett may crack the lineup and Letang may play for better pairings on the back end and things are starting to look up in terms of us getting healthy where we need to be and this team can start developing some much needed chemistry with all the new personel on board.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Speaking of the elbow, what happened with Nash? I'm guessing it was blown out of proportion since I don't really see it talked about much? I'm think him slashing a player on the ice from the bench would be a few game suspension.

I didn't see it either but Errey probably oversold it. It was probably a love tap from the bench.

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA
I just watched parts of the replay of the game earlier today. Steigy was bad. When he kept talking about Lundqvist trying to buy calls and then Errey and Steigy going back and forth about Ludqvist being an actor and having actors on his helmet...embarrassing.

In regards to the MDZ hit, since when is punishment lessened because we think a player "didn't mean" to elbow another player in the jaw? Hossa didn't mean to high stick Berard in the eye, but he recklessly threw his stick in the air and got him. MDZ didn't mean to elbow Neal in the face... but he elbowed him directly in the face. And he most certainly intended to pop Neal somewhere in the head...hence the jumping action and the tossing outwards of the arms.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Meh

Henrik goes down easier than Lewinsky. They might be homers but they weren't wrong.
I'm not sure if those inside Pittsburgh understand just how bad the Flyers, Islanders and Rangers fans talk about the Pens. I still remember Dave Maloney going on a radio tirade about how the refs "need to allow" the Rangers to defend Crosby back in 2008 and why he doesn't get how the NHL gives Crosby special treatment.

Then they go on and on about how King Henke is a model team mate and never stares down his defense.... even when reality shows otherwise.

Did anyone else see Boyle on the Kunitz love tap? This is a player that gets punched in the face for a living and he acts like a bunch of ninja's just stole his kidney. The Rangers announcers have been homers to the 10th degree since Espo was doing their games. Thank god a class act like JD is with another team now.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
I'm not sure if those inside Pittsburgh understand just how bad the Flyers, Islanders and Rangers fans talk about the Pens. I still remember Dave Maloney going on a radio tirade about how the refs "need to allow" the Rangers to defend Crosby back in 2008 and why he doesn't get how the NHL gives Crosby special treatment.

Then they go on and on about how King Henke is a model team mate and never stares down his defense.... even when reality shows otherwise.

Did anyone else see Boyle on the Kunitz love tap? This is a player that gets punched in the face for a living and he acts like a bunch of ninja's just stole his kidney. The Rangers announcers have been homers to the 10th degree since Espo was doing their games. Thank god a class act like JD is with another team now.

Meh. I just really don't care. I'm sure I feel just as strongly about their ****ball teams, I just don't feel the need to spew verbal diarrhea all over the internet about it. If it helps them sleep at night to believe that there is some NHL mandate to favor the Pens then let them think what they want. These are the same people who make the "Hi Henrik, it's Lady Ranger" youtube videos, so...consider the source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad