Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Rangers - Fleuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Plus

+ Fleury: ****ing awesome game. I don't have any other words for it. Just absurdly ridiculous game. Stole us a game.

MVP of the hockey game. And the team going up to him afterward goes to show they knew just how big he was. Hats off #29.... ELITE game right there. Elite.

+ Morrow: Best game I've seen so far and I thought his leadership was quite obvious. He lead us in so many ways tonight. 4 hits in the first period alone. Great game. Limit his minutes and he will be one hell of a performer in the playoffs

+ Jussi: I don't know why this guy cleared waivers. He looks well worth his price. His faceoffs will be tremendous on the 4th line along side TK. That's some amazing depth.

+ Douglas Murray: I wasn't a fan of making guys like Bort or Engo sit, but Murray is so much better than those guys. He's tough and mean. I love what he brings to our squad. This was a great pick up. I hope he re-signs here in Pittsburgh. I also don't see the speed issue at all. Really reminds me of Gill in 2009.

+ Cooke/Sutter/Morrow: Like how this line cycled down low and worked the puck in the first 2 periods. I really like that line in general.

+ Pascal Dupuis: Does this guy have a bad shift with anyone? Name me a few players who excelled this much so late in their career. I just can't think of any. The player Dupers was in 2009 and now is not even close. He's so much better. He's one of our most consistent performers every night.

Remember when we had threads hating this guy? :laugh:

Minus

- Defense: Terrible gap control. Terrible in-zone coverage. Standing around. Letting teams out-work us. Just terrible. We need Martin and Letang back and we need guys stepping up. It's horrible right now. Fleury had to stand on his head tonight.

I cannot stress how bad our defense was tonight. They let people just walk right in on us. It EASILY could have been 5-1 against. We are very fortunate for Fleury. That was pathetic defense.

- Stretch Pass: It's back with no speed coming up. During our run we weren't standing still in the neutral. We came up and used that short chip with speed. I don't know where that is.

- Geno Line: It was over-discussed in the GDT. It's bad. Geno is bad right now.

Mar 22, 2010
Mother Base
Fleury deserves all the credit for this one.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-25967-1360354077-2.gif

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Jokinen was okay, Dupuis played hard and Murray had a nice hit or three. Everything else was basically a travesty.

Except Fleury, obviously.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Something's gotta be done about that Geno line. Morrow-Geno-Neal was great and they had to **** with it, now it's too late to change anything with half the line-up out.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I hate seeing Neal get hurt, but really... at this point we really aren't missing much without him in the lineup.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
+++++++++++++++ Fleury

I would have felt guilty getting two points tonight - until the elbow on Neal.

Dupuis penalty was bogus.

Note to that *wat King Henry: I bet if 100 mph slapper hit you in the EXACT SAME SPOT, you wouldn't have even felt it. Piss off.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
If Neal is out, we can see Kunitz-Geno-Iginla, let the two wingers get some chemistry for when Sid comes back in like 2 weeks ;)

fate

Apr 15, 2007
+++ Fleury, beasting
++ Jokinen, sick FO and the SO goal
+ Morrow, great first period though got quiet as game went on

--- Malkin, he's bringing down any line he's on right now
-- Orpik, so bad every night I swear
- Sitting on lead in 3rd

Bonus + Dan Potash trying to sound like a WWE announcer

TorstenFrings

lebenslang gruenweiss
Apr 25, 2012
Bremen
Nash is a mean shutout stealer and he deserves no nice things whatsoever. If I was a Bruins fan, I'd hope his goalie never walks again. As I am not (a Bruins fan), I hope he is okay though.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Sutter had a bad game I think.

Orpik is dreadful without Martin.

Murray was a beast.

I don't understand how Errey & Steigy are gainfully employed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad