Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Rangers - Fleuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Fact is, Sidney Crosby is a player no one in this league can answer for. Because they cannot answer for him, they need to come up with other reasons why their team lost. We have never played the Rangers where their fans conceded that they lost to a better team. Never happened, and never will. They are a bunch of self entitled, pompous, arrogant, and ignorant people. I went to school with a ton of them, and they are all the same. Same goes with Philly fans. Some of my dearest friends are from Philly and when we play them on the ice, all logic, reason, and level headedness goes out the window with them. It's incredible. They really do wear orange and black glasses, and everything that happens in the game is a slight to their team.

This all stems from jealousy, regardless of what other fanbases want to say. That's all it is. We have something no one else has, and just like everything in life, when you have something no one else has, you always want it and there's just a slight bit of resentment/jealousy because you don't got it.

****'em. That's how I approach things. The hilarity of all of this is, I'm a fan of both the Flames and the Oilers, and for years, some Flames fans would talk down on Pittsburgh because we rebuilt. "Oh, we don't need to rebuild, that's not how you play the game." Orly? I think they are finally seeing now, it's way more efficient to blow the ***** back to the studs and start all over again. It's quicker, more economical, and a little less painful.

Did we get lucky? Without a damn question, and our luck is where 99.9999% of the jealousy comes from. We've drafted Lemieux, Jagr, Malkin, and Crosby in the 1st round. Most teams will never draft that type of talent in the 1st round...ever. We have housed more scoring champions in the last 30 years than any team. We have iced more MVP's than any NHL team in the last 30 years. People have a reason to hate. Water off a duck's back. Let'em hate. Just fuels the fire for the boys who play the game.

Think about it...how hollow is a knock on a player that he whines too much to the refs? I mean...that's all you got? Talk about grasping at straws.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Meh. I just really don't care. I'm sure I feel just as strongly about their ****ball teams, I just don't feel the need to spew verbal diarrhea all over the internet about it. If it helps them sleep at night to believe that there is some NHL mandate to favor the Pens then let them think what they want. These are the same people who make the "Hi Henrik, it's Lady Ranger" youtube videos, so...consider the source.
Fully agree but my mistake is that its the TV crews... the fans I can deal with.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Fact is, Sidney Crosby is a player no one in this league can answer for. Because they cannot answer for him, they need to come up with other reasons why their team lost. We have never played the Rangers where their fans conceded that they lost to a better team. Never happened, and never will. They are a bunch of self entitled, pompous, arrogant, and ignorant people. I went to school with a ton of them, and they are all the same. Same goes with Philly fans. Some of my dearest friends are from Philly and when we play them on the ice, all logic, reason, and level headedness goes out the window with them. It's incredible. They really do wear orange and black glasses, and everything that happens in the game is a slight to their team.

This all stems from jealousy, regardless of what other fanbases want to say. That's all it is. We have something no one else has, and just like everything in life, when you have something no one else has, you always want it and there's just a slight bit of resentment/jealousy because you don't got it.

****'em. That's how I approach things. The hilarity of all of this is, I'm a fan of both the Flames and the Oilers, and for years, some Flames fans would talk down on Pittsburgh because we rebuilt. "Oh, we don't need to rebuild, that's not how you play the game." Orly? I think they are finally seeing now, it's way more efficient to blow the ***** back to the studs and start all over again. It's quicker, more economical, and a little less painful.

Did we get lucky? Without a damn question, and our luck is where 99.9999% of the jealousy comes from. We've drafted Lemieux, Jagr, Malkin, and Crosby in the 1st round. Most teams will never draft that type of talent in the 1st round...ever. We have housed more scoring champions in the last 30 years than any team. We have iced more MVP's than any NHL team in the last 30 years. People have a reason to hate. Water off a duck's back. Let'em hate. Just fuels the fire for the boys who play the game.

Think about it...how hollow is a knock on a player that he whines too much to the refs? I mean...that's all you got? Talk about grasping at straws.
:handclap: Greatly said.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
I'm not sure if those inside Pittsburgh understand just how bad the Flyers, Islanders and Rangers fans talk about the Pens. I still remember Dave Maloney going on a radio tirade about how the refs "need to allow" the Rangers to defend Crosby back in 2008 and why he doesn't get how the NHL gives Crosby special treatment.

Then they go on and on about how King Henke is a model team mate and never stares down his defense.... even when reality shows otherwise.

Did anyone else see Boyle on the Kunitz love tap? This is a player that gets punched in the face for a living and he acts like a bunch of ninja's just stole his kidney. The Rangers announcers have been homers to the 10th degree since Espo was doing their games. Thank god a class act like JD is with another team now.

JD was a huge homer when he did the ranger games on MSG. BUT NOT AS MUCH WHEN it was a national game.
Maybe it's the network that tells them to be

Ray Shero*

A sound byte from Orpik's interview yesterday:

"When the goalie plays well, it has an effect on the team; you play not to make mistakes."

lol, work on those turnovers Orpik.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
A sound byte from Orpik's interview yesterday:

"When the goalie plays well, it has an effect on the team; you play not to make mistakes."

lol, work on those turnovers Orpik.

Orpik should seriously stop talking about everyone else's game and concentrate on not being a friggin' pylon and turnover machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->