Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Caps - the one where Pens fans whine the entire time

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
+ Brassard and JJ will shine in the playoffs if tonight was any indication
+ Murray getting there
- Malkin
So Malkin gets a minus for setting up the equalizer? I mean so how do we rate players now? Production or off-production areas?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I know people will mock us about this game, but you know what, this game had everything you'd need for a pivotal turning point in the season, if this team doesn't wake the f*** up after a hard fought game against their toughest rival right now, I don't know what will.

So I'm going to celebrate it.

iEV12tp.gif

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+ Ovie having a temper tantrum like the knuckle head he is

+ the Pens beating the Caps, always a good thing

- people around here whining about whining. yeah, even i get tired of reading overly negative stuff, but i guess the way i deal with it is add them to the ignore list, not talk down to them or suggest they're bad fans or suggest they are lacking in intelligence or cognitive faculties. also, stuff like that always seems to come in the same amount as the negativity it's trying to combat.

2 things you said in the GDT:

1) Murray was a "barely good" goaltender.

2) Wilson owns the Penguins.

It's bad enough to have one of those as your opinion. Together - that is mighty impressive. I would honestly believe you may be Tom Wilson.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
We have 1 defenseman capable of moving the puck. I don't know that you could ask for much more than you got.
Well we have 1 that can actually move the puck, a few that can kinda move it, and then a couple that can't do anything with it at all.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Bad iCF, did not score SH.

#2vs5

****, I forgot.

God damned iCF.

There was one I loved where Jack Johnson got the puck at the point. Two options. One, Malkin is wide open for a pass as the circle. Two, he has an unobstructed, unscreened shot on the net. You only need to remember what Forrest Gump's Mamma said about STUPID to know what Johnson did.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Kudos to Murr for some big saves.

Lucky as **** that Ovechkin’s shot was off tonight.

PP is still ****.

Still too much of a cluster**** on the defensive zone.
The last 10 mins seem to take forever huh? lol

Reactions: Bingo71

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Whine is one way to put it.... I prefer realist

Do you see special? 2 line team that is very similar to the darkest of the DB era. Only now they older, softer and much less motivated.

I hate the current makeup of our roster.

Good game though, they did show some life tonight.

Good thing it’s December 19th. Right when the 15-16 team started to take shape.

If you’re going by “what on our roster right now would make us better”

Moving Phil Kessel is at the top of the list.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Good thing it’s December 19th. Right when the 15-16 team started to take shape.

If you’re going by “what on our roster right now would make us better”

Moving Phil Kessel is at the top of the list.

Didn't he score the game-winner the other night?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
And he played 32 mins which made the D look much better than it is.

We need Schultz + 1.

Yea no Schultz for this long just shows how little offense there is in the depth D.
If JR can manage to get a really solid 2nd pairing pivot with Schultz back, it'll help immensely.
Gotta happen if this team is gonna go anywhere anytime soon.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I know people will mock us about this game, but you know what, this game had everything you'd need for a pivotal turning point in the season, if this team doesn't wake the **** up after a hard fought game against their toughest rival right now, I don't know what will.

So I'm going to celebrate it.

iEV12tp.gif

Main issue is any momentum is gone because of the break.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
How is Malkin a negative?
While I think Geno didn't have a bad game, I think he looks kind of lost, so does Kessel. You have two lost players attached at the hip right now and whatever abomination Zach Abhorrent-Reese is.

Geno can do better. He will do better tomorrow.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I don’t mean to rehash this, but it feels important: if Pens players wanted Sully gone, this game, with all of the stuff this morning, prime time NBC, no other game on, this was the game where you send that message loud and clear.

Were they perfect? Nope. But they were playing their asses off. Their issues are personnel. D still blows.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
****, I forgot.

God damned iCF.

There was one I loved where Jack Johnson got the puck at the point. Two options. One, Malkin is wide open for a pass as the circle. Two, he has an unobstructed, unscreened shot on the net. You only need to remember what Forrest Gump's Mamma said about STUPID to know what Johnson did.

Hired the wrong money man?

No, this joke will never get old.

Reactions: KIRK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad