Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Caps - the one where Pens fans whine the entire time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Looking a lot like last season. No pulse until December. They've sleepwalked up until now, but are at least starting to put the effort in. Build on it. Cullen, Rust, Sheahan, Murray looking better. Gotta get something out of Brassard going forward. If he can become what was advertised then that'll help them reach that next level.

Need to shore up the Defense too, of course. Schultz helps, but another 3-5 guy wouldn't hurt.

Reactions: zero8771

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+++Playoff style reffing is JJs best game of the year. The giveaways are what they are, but he put his weight into a few guys and it was good.

Brain dead pinch led to a 2 on 1 in the 1st. Then, the one where Geno got plastered high in the Caps zone, you know why a 2 on 1 happened? Because Johnson went to the net with ZAR instead of staying wide to give Geno a passing option.

It's NOT just the giveaways. It's the complete lack of awareness on the ice when his team has the puck.

Reactions: turtle27 and Trade

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Crazy game. Sid leading the way. Good to see Murray have a great game. Annnnd we shut down Ovenchicken tonight!

giphy.gif
To be fair, Ovechchicken kind of shut himself down tonight. Multiple glorious looks and he missed the net...

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
huge win hopefully this turns mm and the pens season around.
I was thinking this as well. It's only one game, but the Caps are a hell of a team. MM played well and got some lady luck on his side, but this was a good game for the Pens. As I mentioned in a previous post I loved the compete level by everyone.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Also, I’m coming to Brassard being a disappointment, but the way the staff is using him is interesting. He’s been getting really low o-zone starts.

I’m curious if he turns it around for us and becomes what he’s been a solid 3C.

Well as you noted, they’re not putting him in a position to use his offensive skills...he shouldn’t be a 3C here..he’s played better at LW with Sid and when he played 2C for a few games...he needs O zone starts...I’d play Sheahan at 3C and move him over to LW with Sid or G

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
+ Ovie having a temper tantrum like the knuckle head he is

+ the Pens beating the Caps, always a good thing

- people around here whining about whining. yeah, even i get tired of reading overly negative stuff, but i guess the way i deal with it is add them to the ignore list, not talk down to them or suggest they're bad fans or suggest they are lacking in intelligence or cognitive faculties. also, stuff like that always seems to come in the same amount as the negativity it's trying to combat.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
NBC Post-game
Wilson, Wilson, Wilson, Wilson,
Wilson, Wilson, Wilson, Wilson.

Shut. the. f***. up. already.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
+++++ Sid: Best player in the game. His hand eye is insane. I don't think it's close. He is the greatest player the game has seen since Mario. Pretty amazing that we had both guys.

++++ Murray: Some greatness and some luck. That was waaaay closer to the #30 I remember and love. But he needs to build on that. It can't just be 1 game. It needs to be multiple games for a long period of time. All while staying healthy.

++ JJ: Yes.. JJ made the pluses. He was actually very good. Some great blocks and some great plays. He's not the best passer but he played great defense tonight.

++ Defense without Oleksiak, except Maatta: The defense was so good WITHOUT Oleksiak. Take out Maatta, add Riikola, and add any real piece for that 4-6m and we'd be solid. I really believe that.

++ Sheahan/Cullen: What the hell got into those two?!?! They were out of this world good. Both had speed/grit. Both protected the puck really well. I could see a Cully/Sheahan/Rust line that would do serious damage.

That was Dad's best game since Game 6 of the SCF in 2017. Wowsa.

------- The vocal small group of Pens fans who whine and ***** and whine and *****. Just acting like we are the worst franchise of all time. Calling for goons and hitters. Jesus. I'll take a speed/skilled team who has 5 cups since 1990 and 3 in this era. It's ridiculous.

Muzz has played well since returning. Now it’s time to ride him.

Everyone sold out tonight. Rust continues to add value in both zones.

We’re starting to right the ship.

Agreed about the whiners 100%. Very taxing indeed for no reason...

Reactions: ColePens

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I want to praise Murray. 2 very solid starts since he came back. He needs to have the start on Saturday no matter what CDS does tomorrow.

Huge road win against a hated rival. Very good on the PK, we shutdown Ovechkin, Sheahan and Cullen played great.

Some bounces, but meh, good road win.

We have 1 defenseman capable of moving the puck. I don't know that you could ask for much more than you got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad