Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Caps - the one where Pens fans whine the entire time

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Cullen-Rust too Have great chemisrty. Could run two 3rd lines.

Pearson-Crosby-Simon
Guentzel-Malkin- Kessel
ZAR/Grant-Brassard-Horny
Sheahan-Cullen-Rust

Ideally we get a LW for Malkin

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I know when good things are happening because @Jaded-Fan posts fun graphs.

OK, if you don't like graphs, this is my visual representation of the Pens attempting to play defense.

Boy-Cant-Blow-Dandelion.gif

Reactions: ColePens

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
No love for Malkin?
I thought he had a great game. Back check was solid too.

Kessel, was he playing?
I don’t remember seeing him :ha:.

Doogle

Jun 8, 2010
As someone who is a more vocal critic of Murray, I gotta say that he had a great game and I'm rooting for him to build upon it.

Pettersen was excellent. He's already clearly our third best healthy defenseman that isn't inexplicably a regular scratch.

I will say I do wish we had an Asham/Reaves/Roberts type who could make Wilson regret his bs more. People here complained about Reaves a ton, but who here wouldn't trade Garrett Wilson for him in a heartbeat if possible?

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Serious question. What is JR going to do when Schultz comes back?
Kneel down, kiss his feet and welcome him back like the prodigal son.

Trade Oleksiak or Maatta, and Schultz comes back. Now we'd only have Johnson to worry about, and if he's a #6 that's not so bad.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Hopefully Murray can continue to build off these past two games. Some luck mixed in, but a lot of time that's what good goalies get along with their own strong play.

Also nice to see Sid one-up Ovechkin. Ovi's little temper tantrum at the end was amusing.

Tomorrow will be telling. This team has a tendency this season to follow up a strong/solid game with a stinker.

Reactions: Ryder71

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
A game like tonight is why I'd still like to sneak into the playoffs because when we play the way we're capable we can still beat anyone.

Our team just doesn't have the legs any more to play this type of intense game every game during the regular season. But over a playoff series? Yeah Sid, Cullen, etc could still do this.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
HFPens, we need to get a season ticket and frequent flyer/away ticket package for @SomeOldDude as they are 4-0 watching Pens games in person.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
Malkin is staring to look alive. Only a matter of time.

Sheahan finally had a stand out game. Brassard and Kessel were pretty ineffective.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Did they originally announce Sid as scoring the 2nd goal? Or was it always credited to Rust?

Because Sportsnet listed Sid as having 2 goals, TSN had him as 1 goal and 1 assist, and NHL.com seems to be agreeing with TSN.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
That Pettersson save was awesome and I agree with @ColePens that Cully and Sheahan were awesome tonight. Cullen has been good lately in general imo.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Did they originally announce Sid as scoring the 2nd goal? Or was it always credited to Rust?

Because Sportsnet listed Sid as having 2 goals, TSN had him as 1 goal and 1 assist, and NHL.com seems to be agreeing with TSN.

In one of Mackey's articles he said Sid didn't think he touched it. But Sid is 1+1 either way so

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I'm gonna touch on a post that someone made in the GDT about the Johnson/Maatta pairing, in that they look like a horror movie where you know something awful is gonna happen, you just don't know what or from where.

I'm taking it up a notch. Hopefully some of you have seen 'A Serbian Film'. The part where the main character wakes from being drugged, has no memory of what happens, and returns to the warehouse that the filming took place. He finds the camera, and watches the mini DV tapes. You just KNOW something awful is on those tapes. But when you see it, it's something more horrifying than anything you could have imagined. That's what that pairing looks like to me.

Funny thing is they've been ok PK'ing...
But i detest them 5on5/to end PK's that go to evens.
They really gotta get MP in the regular PK rotation.

So how many looked up that film upon reading this and are sorry that they did?

A few I'd imagine. I can't recommend anyone actually watch it. And tbh, I liked the movie. But it was so disgusting, depraved, perverse, unnecessary, inser similar adjective here, I'll never watch it again.

I suggest the 108 minute uncut version, if anyone is curious/mentally ill enough to watch it.

Seen it years ago. Definitely a one time watch.

Serious question. What is JR going to do when Schultz comes back?

If no one is brought in on D, my guess would be Ruh gets waived and it looks something like:

Dumo-Tang
Olli-Schultz
MP-JJ
Riiko/Rig

Why i wanna get 2/3 of Olli, Rig, JJ outta here.

Reactions: Ginormousthumbs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad