Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Blues - Rust gets hurt but is replaced by "the next one"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Sooo Riikola should definitly be in for Oleksiak.

What happens when schultz is ready to come back though?

Trade Maatta?

In no order.

Letang Dumo
Schultz Riikola
JJ Petterson
Oleksiak?

Or do we keep maatta, trade oleksiak and have Riikola as our #7?
Keep them all and waive Ruhwedel and have .423,333 in cap space.

froods

I blame Paul Martin and Jack Johnson
Aug 28, 2009
Fort Erie, ON
Good game, good stretch of games.

Bylsma era had plenty of great regular season stretches as well; Still a very top heavy club that is reliant on the Big 2.
I don’t agree at all here. Byslma rarely struggled in the regular season, but when it counted. There are 5-6 guys they rely on heavily. Kessel, Jake, Geno, Sid, and Letang. Different year, different dynamic for sure.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Im the wrong side of 30 and wear nothing but BLACKED out Vans or Pumas.

I don't like flashy footwear nor do I like sneakers with a bunch of branding/little grip teeth shit all around them.

My current choices are below. I stand by my decisions. Including my khaki cargo shorts. My punk rock band t-shirt proves how tough I am, too!

31cx0X08zcL._SX395_.jpg

shoes_ia58518.jpg

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Good game, good stretch of games.

Bylsma era had plenty of great regular season stretches as well; Still a very top heavy club that is reliant on the Big 2.

Just be happy with the win, man.

I don't think anyone here all of a sudden considers this team a Cup contender.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Bummer...Rust will be out at least 6 weeks I’m sure..not a concussion though

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Did anyone else notice that Ruhwedel was sent to W-B/S for a conditioning assignment.

Proves Pens management KNOWS that conditioning assignments ARE a thing, afterall.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
absolutely. If company A makes what I want for cheaper than company B, I don't care which one made it first. Welcome to capitalism. You aren't going to see me feeling bad for Nike any time soon.
Who made something first is different from violating other's intellectual property. It's should be held sacred because it also protects small companies from the big ones.

That's like someone rationalizing shoplifting steaks from Walmart because they don't like the company. :laugh:

I've derailed enough with my nonsense. :laugh::help:

froods

I blame Paul Martin and Jack Johnson
Aug 28, 2009
Fort Erie, ON
Meh I really stopped caring about how many points Sid gets. He solidified himself as the #5 GOAT, in my books. If people don't think that, then they are just turning a blind eye to the truth.
Totally agree. Does he have any shot of penetrating the top 4?

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
We haven’t relied on Malkin for weeks. He’s been one of our worst since November up until the last week or so

Have we not relied on Sid in those games?? Is he not one of the Big 2? I know what I said. I also know that in the history of Sid and Geno, rarely are they hot at the same time.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Totally agree. Does he have any shot of penetrating the top 4?

Lemieux/Gretzky 1A/1B
Orr
Howe
Sid
Jagr
Hasek

That's roughly mine. I think if he stays an ambassador of the game as he is, then he takes that #4 spot. In my GOAT list, I do include some off the ice importance. I know a lot of people vary with me on that. So definitely, in my meaningless opinion - I definitely think he could take #4.

Reactions: EightyOne

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Nice road win. I still marvel/cringe at the fact that Berube has made a career in the NHL as a player and a coach, but whatever.

PP was great. Take that away and the end of the third, when the Blues were completely demoralized and I thought control of the game was pretty close, with MM being the big - no ginormous - difference.

I thought L3 wasn't very good until the 3rd. Also, MP and JJ were pretty rough in the first two periods. Even L1 seemed to spend a lot of time in their own end at ES in the first two periods. Blues are probably still a bit mystified how they lost that game 6-1.

I thought it interesting that Rust went out and ZAR immediately went to L1 (and did have a nice Horny-Lite goal). I would have thought Simon would go there, but that only happened a few times much later in the game. Hopefully, this isn't Rust's Wally Pipp headache and we get ZAR for the next 2138 games on L1.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Lemieux/Gretzky 1A/1B
Orr
Howe
Sid
Jagr
Hasek

That's roughly mine. I think if he stays an ambassador of the game as he is, then he takes that #4 spot. In my GOAT list, I do include some off the ice importance. I know a lot of people vary with me on that. So definitely, in my meaningless opinion - I definitely think he could take #4.

Jags 6th overall?

I go 1. Lemieux 2. Gretzky 3. Orr 4. Howe 5. Crosby 6. Roy 7. Bourque

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad