Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Blues - Rust gets hurt but is replaced by "the next one"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
upload_2018-12-30_11-56-29.gif

Reactions: EightyOne

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I just find it funny that ZAR has more points since the Pettersson trade than Sprong has had for the Ducks. For as much as people here dislike him, he's doing a pretty good job at producing right now. I just wish he'd get some more consistency, I want to see him doing what he did last night more often than once every 5 or 6 games.

Also, Murray's now up to a .906 save% on the year, which is only .001 below what he finished at last year. Him taking that time off from an injury seemingly fixed him, I think this may be his best 5 game run since 2016-2017.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I just find it funny that ZAR has more points since the Pettersson trade than Sprong has had for the Ducks. For as much as people here dislike him, he's doing a pretty good job at producing right now. I just wish he'd get some more consistency, I want to see him doing what he did last night more often than once every 5 or 6 games.

Also, Murray's now up to a .906 save% on the year, which is only .001 below what he finished at last year. Him taking that time off from an injury seemingly fixed him, I think this may be his best 5 game run since 2016-2017.

His last 5 games have been pretty crazy. GAA 1.4 and SV% .959

Some easier teams for sure but thats still very impressive. Perfect timing to get his form/confidence back. With him and De Smith’s form our goaltending looks rock solid.

Reactions: Giskard

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Why do people constantly bring up Sprong in a thread he has nothing to do with? The majority of us wish him the best. I hope he scores 40. I don't give a shit. I just want the Pens to win regardless.

But the guy has NOTHING to do with the post game thread. But then again... I did a poor job of talking about shoes and GOAT, so what the hell? :laugh: It's the holidays.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Why do people constantly bring up Sprong in a thread he has nothing to do with? The majority of us wish him the best. I hope he scores 40. I don't give a ****. I just want the Pens to win regardless.

But the guy has NOTHING to do with the post game thread. But then again... I did a poor job of talking about shoes and GOAT, so what the hell? :laugh: It's the holidays.

I mean, people still bring up Pouliot / Forsberg when we lose and that was over six years ago which is insane.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Why do people constantly bring up Sprong in a thread he has nothing to do with? The majority of us wish him the best. I hope he scores 40. I don't give a ****. I just want the Pens to win regardless.

Well with Simon and Rust injured we could kind of use him.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I'm not bringing him up to tear him down, I'm bringing him up as a benchmark for other players because he has done well overall for the Ducks so far.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I didn't get to watch the game. So before reading about it or watching highlight clips I'm just going to base my thoughts on stat watching:

Shots were even, but the Pens had way higher blocked shots. Sounds like Murray and the defensive side of things went well. Looks like Murray didn't have a chance on the one goal he let up?

St. Louis tried to wear the Pens down by throwing many hits, but the Pens were able to counter with speed and skill.

The Power Play is what really got the Pens moving. They didn't do much until they were gifted all of those powerplays.

ZAR is the next Bertuzzi. Rust to LTIR for an obscure injury.

No real negatives on the Pens side (not even JMFJ), minus the Rust injury.

The Blues goalies still suck and Edmunson is a turd.

That's everything I got from the Boxscore summary. :laugh: Let me know how wrong I am.
ZAR is the next trash can for hockey tape.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Well with Simon and Rust injured we could kind of use him.

But they have Wilson...

ZAR is the next trash can for hockey tape.

He’s the new roach and doing exactly what I feared... playing like a corpse most games, unable to do anything offensively, unable to win board battles... but he will score every here and there to make Sullivan and the coaching staff think he’s what they are dreaming of.

This movie has played out so many times with this org and these type of prospects but they keep buying more tickets...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad