Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Blues - Rust gets hurt but is replaced by "the next one"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
++++ Letang: Broken record time, but the guy is our Troy Polamalu. He was all over the ice. He was noticeable the entire game and completely dominated. That was a norris-like game. Mad love to Dumo who is returning to his playoff self. He was a rock and is enabling Letang to roam like he does.

++++ Sid: Get that man a 5 point night dammit!

+++++++++ Murray: Held down the fort in the first period and the team did the rest.

And honestly a plus to everyone. I couldn't tell you one single player who didnt play solid. I didn't care for Brassard or Sheahan, but they weren't bad in any way. Just blah vanilla. I really liked Cullen, ZAR, Simon, Horny, etc. I think Maatta/Riikola was terrific. JJ/Pets has obvious chemistry. Letang/Dumo was other universe good.

The boys are playing solid hockey but it really does start with the pairings on defense starting to gel and the goaltending competing in a very good way. Murray is ridiculous. There is absolutely no room for Oleksiak.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
0c4jsojvp2n11.gif

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Dylan Reese > Aston-Reese

I love Dylan and got to train a lot with him, but ZAR is a better NHLer. :laugh: No shame, but I think Dylan was born just a tad early with how he played. He was a PMD before those were really utilized all over the NHL.

Reactions: BHD

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We were opportunistic, Sid was on fire, great PP, just gotta stop coughing up the puck.

Reactions: deakka

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Honestly, at this point, my biggest question about this team is whether to call the @ColePens appointed Next One 'Zac Almost-Hornqvist or Zac BetterThan-Hornqvist'.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I love Dylan and got to train a lot with him, but ZAR is a better NHLer. :laugh: No shame, but I think Dylan was born just a tad early with how he played. He was a PMD before those were really utilized all over the NHL.

I was just going for a joke.

Talk about obscure Pittsburgh Penguins.

Try beating that name.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
++Murray ..and frankly everyone except maybe Brass deserves one

— the really dreadful bands and songs that I was constantly subjected to by St Louis and reading the GDT....I don’t need reminders that ColdPlay, Nickelback, Matchbook 20, Backstreet Boys etc put out really ****ty music...

Reactions: froods
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad