Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens get back on track thanks to Dumo & Marino!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Only got 2 items this thread needs:

@Malkinstheman for the credit

ESOVJHdXsAcUAEA

77a84dce3a24784f858db1e735b55667.jpg

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
finally...good win...lots of goals...we so needed that

+ everyone except Petts, JJ , Schultz and (sorry) Lafferty...
+ good night in the Metro
+ JJ’s wife giving birth...how soon can she pop out another one?

- it’s Ottawa...let’s keep the expectations real and get a win finally against our toughest competitor who beats us to shreds every game this season: Buffalo ....

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Great game to break the slide.

Fun to watch.
Lots to build off of there.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
++++Murray. Held the fort in the first period when our play was teetering. Great stuff. Quibble on 3rd goal but whatever.

+++++Geno/Sid

+++Zucker. I am learning to accept that no player is perfect and his mitts make up for stuff elsewhere. His hands really are silky.

+++++RUSTY

+++Dumo/Marino

------------------I'm going to just have one more vent and say: Petts and Schultz should be ashamed of themselves for how they played recently. Both 2nd pairing guys by pedigree; it was unrealistic to expect them to be great but they really, really acquitted themselves badly. Schultz is gonna get paid in FA this year and whoever does it is a sucker. An absolute sucker.
Honestly JJ sucks but we all knew that. So not gonna add him in this list. And he's a new parent now apparently so feels wrong tonight.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Nice win. Definitely needed that.

PP1 needs a major facelift though. They can’t be rolling that garbage out in the playoffs. It ain’t gonna cut it.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Random Observations:
  • Can Jack Johnson's wife give birth during every Penguins game?
  • I'm not sure how well the Pens played tonight, but they NEEDED this one.
  • So far so good, @ColePens, on what we thought the impact of Marino and Dumo returning would be.
  • Will be interesting to see what the bar for L2 is as Marleau figures Geno out.
  • Marino may not be THE god, but I'm pretty sure he is A god.
  • Thinking JR gave Pets that silly contract to make up for not giving Schultz a silly new one.
As noted in the GDT, the Pens did what they had to do against the little sisters of hockey's poor.

Thursday at Buffalo, a team that's had the Pens number.

Then back to back at home to Washington and Carolina.

THAT is your test of this team after reintroducing Marino and Dumo to the equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad