Confirmed with Link: Locker Room Exit Interviews Monday May 6 (Players and Keefe) + Pelley/Shanny/Tre on Friday VIDEO LINK PG 57

Will Keefe be fired next week?

• Yes

Votes: 293 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Shanny is such a dud, wishy washy, dumb politician. Grating to listen to.

Treliving is the only one who came out of this looking like a leader, said the things you want to hear from a POHO. Hammered the team with truths. He isn't going to p**sy foot around the Marner situation or any other NMCs.

Don't care about this Pelley guy, empty suit, just stay out of the way of any hockey decisions.

jackflash

Mar 1, 2015
It was nice to hear Marek talking about the Leafs this morning for a change.

For the longest time, the only radio in town at lunch has been promoting everything but the Leafs and it's been growing very old.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Shanny is such a dud, wishy washy, dumb politician. Grating to listen to.

Treliving is the only one who came out of this looking like a leader, said the things you want to hear from a POHO. Hammered the team with truths. He isn't going to p**sy foot around the Marner situation or any other NMCs.

Don't care about this Pelley guy, empty suit, just stay out of the way of any hockey decisions.
Refreshing speeches, still going to need to back it up with changes to be seen instead of just words. Hopefully promising.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Definitely sounded like they’d explore a Marner trade. Lets hope they actually follow through with it.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Florida has managed to put 11 non-EN goals past the Bruins in the last 2 games alone.
That's 1 less than Toronto managed in 7 games against Boston.

Apparently, the notion that's it really tough to score in the playoffs only applies to the Maple Leafs.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Florida has managed to put 11 non-EN goals past the Bruins in the last 2 games alone.

Apparently, the notion that's it really tough to score in the playoffs only applies to the Maple Leafs.
Florida can play any way you want.
First the Leafs thought you would just skill.
Then they thought bringing in guys around the core to hit was it.
It’s not just about the hits you give, it’s the ones you take. Florida’s core can take the hits as well and keep pushing through.

joepeps

Jan 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site

Well when you shoot the puck, it works wonders. Especially when you have bodies in front lol :)

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
I know people are reading between the lines and thinking its Mitch Marner (I want him gone too), but I think they might be trying Tavares instead.

For all the talk about how our offense dries up in the playoffs, I just don't think they want to trade a skilled young player just yet.

Tavares is older and is taking up a lot of money. He's had some key goals for the leafs for sure but it hasn't been enough either
That’s one year left on Tavares deals and we would have to pay assets to move. Then we can’t resign him for cheap to play 3/4C for the rest of his career which would be perfect for us. Then we still have the issue of marner making 11mil and playing like 1 mil in the playoffs.

Marner is done here and Tavares is aging but still useful if signed to a cheap deal after. Holmberg outplayed marner this series let alone 95% of our team as well.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

How many did Boston score vs Toronto?

Mopar

May 3, 2021
Watched 15 seconds of it. Shut it off. Might at well have the three stooges up there at this point.

Three corporate yes men up there in suits. None of whom have the first clue about how to build a winning team.

The city and the fans deserve so much better than this.

I feel like walking into that press conference and yelling in the ears:

STFU and just build a winner! It's been almost 60 f***ing years. Just STFU and deliver for the fans.

People are going to go an entire lifetime without seeing this team win a cup and it's a crime.

Best drafting luck in decades in the mid 2010's and they hand the keys to a couple of rookies. Maddening.

Reactions: ToneDog

Action Jackson

Jul 5, 2010
Florida can play any way you want.
First the Leafs thought you would just skill.
Then they thought bringing in guys around the core to hit was it.
It’s not just about the hits you give, it’s the ones you take. Florida’s core can take the hits as well and keep pushing through.

Nah
Your top guys need to hit
Adding some plugs to hit around your superstars doesnt work
spoiler: your same stars will still get majority of the ice time and be on the ice when the game is on the line
if your superstars are pansies, your team is broken for the playoffs
end of story.
mitch marner, hates getting hit more than he loves winning
nylander, not as bad as marner, but also hates getting hit more than he loves winning
just like san jose, bunch of pansies. "jumbo joe". that guy was halarious. giant body but played like marner. no wonder he couldn't win shit!

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
That one guy had a great question for Keith

"In 5 years, your head coach won 1 series win and got fired. In 10 years, your president also has 1 series win and did not. Why is that?"

Lol
LOL. I heard bits a pieces of the press meeting. But didnt hear that one.

What was the answer?

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
LOL. I heard bits a pieces of the press meeting. But didnt hear that one.

What was the answer?
1715395815391.gif

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Brady should be 40+ goals, 85+ points soon. Marner probably never hits 30 goals again and without Matty, may never put up 100 points.
I agree. MM is a better player but Brady is a better fit with the current Leafs.

Then what you do in the 2nd season is the huge difference.
Like does it really matter if Matthews scores 69 goals or 59 goals in the season. I’d rather 50 regular and 20 post season instead of 69 then 1.
Me too. I will rather roll the dice on Brady in the playoffs than MM at this point.

Reactions: Trapper and ToneDog

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Can't believe Dubas landed a lucrative job elsewhere. That Karlsson trade is crushing for Pitts too, another 3 years at 10 million for the now 34 year old Karlsson...just lost their 14th overall pick in the deal too and 2nd round pick.
Dubas is doing a good job for Pitt, but I think they could use a new team President with some DOPS experience.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Marner has a 0.41G/GP and Tkachuk has a 0.42G/GP over the last 3 years.

Seems very unlikely.

Marner scores more than Caufield and the same as guys like Miller, Barkov, and Nuke.

Kucherov and Nylander are only at 0.47G/GP.

Marner gets hated on for his playoffs, and rightfully so, but Marner is a good goal scorer in the regular season.

It's a gamble to want someone like Brady Tkachuk.

He's not a superstar-level player and most of his value comes from things that don't necessarily help you win.

I like him as a player, but he is not his brother.

No guarantee he does anything in the playoffs.
At this moment, I would roll the dice on another power forward who can score and not afraid of hits in the corner like Brady than MM.
It is not hate on MM but rather he is just not the right fit with the current Leafs.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I agree. MM is a better player but Brady is a better fit with the current Leafs.

Me too. I will rather roll the dice on Brady in the playoffs than MM at this point.
People are giving Marner as the better player but Brady could easily rocket up that chart playing here with Matthews or Nylander.

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
"Shanahan is a 3 time stanley cup winner"

"I can only evaluate what's been done the past 4 weeks"

If that's the case, Shanny should be gone too like keefe because both of them have been around the past month. Who cares if Shanny won his last cup 22 years ago?

LOL. And I should be president of Jays since one year our company won a softball league tournament between 6 companies in the area, and I lead the summer league with 5 HR over the fence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad