Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens get back on track thanks to Dumo & Marino!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
was it a perfect game?

no.

was it a massively better game?

YES :thumbu:
The fact that we blew their door off while being far from perfect is not just a good sign, It’s exactly what expect from a team just coming out of a funk and getting two of their top 4 back. IF we had’ve gone back to dominating I would’ve thought it was a false dawn.

As it stands, exploding for seven goals, everyone’s in on the scoring, and we’re gonna get better (as Dumo and Marino get back in the groove) and healthier. Good times.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
This team is going to get entirely healthy soon and then look out.

tenor.gif

GregR

Mar 4, 2002
+They won...literally, that's it. Couldn't afford to drop another one to a bad team.

Buffalo has had their number recently so it'd be a step forward to handle business against them in their building.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
I almost made a "Lets pump the brakes on John Marino long term" post, because we've had a few recent examples of getting too hype too soon on some players (Maatta/Pettersson), but I just realized that Marino has already outscored Letang's first full season here...so...maybe pay him.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Marino is exactly what this team needs. Calm, smart, disciplined. It’s the way we were playing a month ago and forgot once Sid got back. This is a step, need to build and get the whole team playing this way again. Now we just need Sullivan to make the right roster decisions.

ownal

Jan 26, 2019
Pittsburgh
+They won...literally, that's it. Couldn't afford to drop another one to a bad team.

Buffalo has had their number recently so it'd be a step forward to handle business against them in their building.

Sheary will no longer score on us. We will win now!

Reactions: td_ice

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
finally...good win...lots of goals...we so needed that

+ everyone except Petts, JJ , Schultz and (sorry) Lafferty...
+ good night in the Metro
+ JJ’s wife giving birth...how soon can she pop out another one?

- it’s Ottawa...let’s keep the expectations real and get a win finally against our toughest competitor who beats us to shreds every game this season: Buffalo ....
I liked Laff's game tonight

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
We unfortunately will need to probably move Pets contract out to keep the trio of Letang/Dumo/Marino until they all want to retire. And I want all 3 until they choose to retire.

Nah cap going up they can afford them if jj goes bye bye

Dumo 4.1 - Letang 7.25
Pets- 4 - Marino - 4.5 -5.5(depends when his extension signs)
Riikola - Ruh (or bring in a cheap vet)
Poj - Reilly
Almari

Reactions: ColePens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad