Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Muzz/Letang are STARS tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElK15

Oct 16, 2014
After 0-1 I thought it is one of these games. Then everything clicked.

Just for my Kahun love. I think he plays well the last games. Actually I'm biased. Saw him playing for the wrong Team in Germany, saw him playing for Chicago. Even more disturbing. First and foremost I'm a Pens Fan. But getting excited when some german idiot steps in. The Cup 2016 was so exciting because Kühnhackl was an excellent role player. And afterwards he was painfully shit. Nevertheless I'd like to see Kahun for Simon. I think he has the skillset which works with Sid and Guentzel. I think he has NO shot, but is positionally sound, has the IQ and passing skills.

Just my biased Kahun-Love.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
@KIRK Jesse’s argument stems that running everything through Kessel slowed the PP down. Aka less movement.

That's not Kessel's fault the others were not getting into those soft spots. That's where Guentzel over Hornqist for a 50/50 split would have been great to change things up. Hornqvist just stands there, Sid posts up leaving Tang and Geno as the outlets.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Kahun showed some flashes tonight. I think he'll be fine.

That Letang goal felt like justice after over a decade of watching him fool no one with his fake shots. Hell of a game from him.

Marino and Lafferty look like the real. Badly needed.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
That's not Kessel's fault the others were not getting into those soft spots. That's where Guentzel over Hornqist for a 50/50 split would have been great to change things up. Hornqvist just stands there, Sid posts up leaving Tang and Geno as the outlets.

Kessel was the most specialized player. He’s very useful from the left wall... he’s only useful from the left wall.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
After 0-1 I thought it is one of these games. Then everything clicked.

Just for my Kahun love. I think he plays well the last games. Actually I'm biased. Saw him playing for the wrong Team in Germany, saw him playing for Chicago. Even more disturbing. First and foremost I'm a Pens Fan. But getting excited when some german idiot steps in. The Cup 2016 was so exciting because Kühnhackl was an excellent role player. And afterwards he was painfully ****. Nevertheless I'd like to see Kahun for Simon. I think he has the skillset which works with Sid and Guentzel. I think he has NO shot, but is positionally sound, has the IQ and passing skills.

Just my biased Kahun-Love.

I think there are a few that can work up there, probably none more than Lafferty the way he's been playing, but Kahun had a great game.

Reactions: ElK15

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
good win, the second and third line came alive at the right time, this kind of effort is all the difference in the world, last year they just did not have it

speaking of PP, its all about support and hustle, everything else falls in place when you have Sid and jake and kris on ice...has anyone checked whats our face off percentage on PP. I could cwear that Sid has won just about every single one this year allowing us to start the PP with a long extended possessions, as oppose to shaky breakout...

Reactions: EightyOne

ElK15

Oct 16, 2014
I think there are a few that can work up there, probably none more than Lafferty the way he's been playing, but Kahun had a great game.
Sure. It's one of the better work places. But from my point of view few people in Germany thought Kahun could be an NHL player. Let alone a top six forward. But he almost ever played up for his competition. He did in Chicago. I don't know if it happens with Sid or if he gets shipped out, what I could understand.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I think three factors are really driving this turnaround, and tgey all tie in to each other

1. Buying in to the team message... hustle and speed... shot blocking again... forechecking like bats out of hell... I honestly believe Sully was mostly tuned out last year... and they certainly opened the season like the didn’t give a rats ass about what the staff was saying.

that changed for several reasons... one was that they looked pretty bad for the first few games then the injuries hit so everyone gave up on them... that definitely gave them reason to look at what sully was preaching cause they couldn’t just rely on shear talent to play meh hockey and get by

2. Relying on young, driven players... the past two years guys like archibald and dea didn’t even get a real look... we won’t even touch sprong... basically they forsook the young passion and speed for a bunch of goobers that were defensively sound or physically something blah blah blah...the injuries forced their hand and they are better for it. The energy is contagious

3. They are playing fast and quick again... not just how quick they skate, but they are making decisive, good plays without giving the other team s chance to get set and read things... they literally are following what tgey did four years ago. In the past two, jr and sully have repeatedly claimed they were fast enough as they shed speedy and quick guys and frankly it showed as several teams routinely lapped them on the ice...

Now its a big question as to whether this is a blip or if it is sustainable

Also when they get healthy who sits?

turd

Feb 1, 2013
I don't know anything about being a goalie, but 2 years ago, I never experienced jitters when Murray was in net. Now, he's like a QB with happy feet in the pocket. He constantly looks uncomfortable.
I’m with you here. Really seems like he fights the puck at times. Has been pretty frequent this year, at least lately. I wouldn’t mind him being resigned but hopefully it’s not some stupid Vasilevskiy type contract. That’s just way too much.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Sure. It's one of the better work places. But from my point of view few people in Germany thought Kahun could be an NHL player. Let alone a top six forward. But he almost ever played up for his competition. He did in Chicago. I don't know if it happens with Sid or if he gets shipped out, what I could understand.

All he has to be is consistent like tonight and it will come, even without being with Sid. That comes from every line doing what they need to do and the rewards will come.

That's called depth. Kahun easily is that, and the season is long to get comfortable in his role. Wherever it might be.

Reactions: ElK15

ElK15

Oct 16, 2014
All he has to be is consistent like tonight and it will come, even without being with Sid. That comes from every line doing what they need to do and the rewards will come.

That's called depth. Kahun easily is that, and the season is long to get comfortable in his role. Wherever it might be.
The fun thing is: finally Pens have forward depth again. So thinking about Kahun is sideshow. Just fun to watch this depleted team right now.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa

Yep patience is a virtue... when all the other guys are hitting dry spells Kahun might be just picking up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad