Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Muzz/Letang are STARS tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Just doing a single shout out. Marino looks good in all the simple ways young dmen coming into the league usually don’t or have a hard time with. Head strong aggressive in good spots and waiting for the play to develop and not chasing the puck when he shouldnt. I’m very excited to see how his play will develop going forward.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
++++++ Team hustle/effort: I forget who said it in the GDT but this effort is better than anything I can remember all last season. The heart/effort/etc. It's all there. Incredible work.
You trade Phil and all of a sudden you see this identity. No coincidence imo. Seriously its beautiful to watch. Another perfect game by the Pens. Structured and passionate hockey!

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
This team is relentless and good right now. Reminds me of when Sully first took over.

It's so important to get these wins now with all these injuries. Puts us in great position to get healthy and keep it going.
Tonights game wasn't easy, but we stayed with it and in the end got the two points. Dallas came to play and we held our own.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
It’s remarkable how much money this team can save and still be good (no I don’t mean Geno)

Bnat66

May 10, 2017
New Jersey
Five in a row. Great game, and Flower is back in the burgh tomorrow night against the pens!
6-2!!!!

Now let's win tomorrow please.
giphy.gif

Reactions: 66-30-33

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I don't know anything about being a goalie, but 2 years ago, I never experienced jitters when Murray was in net. Now, he's like a QB with happy feet in the pocket. He constantly looks uncomfortable.
I dont know that he's used to playing with anything resembling cohesiveness in front of him at this point of his career.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
- Lowest dman had 17 minutes and 11 seconds... Jack Johnson. Highest is Tangers with just under 25. GREAT distribution of minutes across the board.

- Forwards... not so much. Sid/Jake had 21 minutes each. About 2 minutes too high. However Blender/AJ had 8. That's much better than 6.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
At the end of last season and very beginning of this season, if this team got down 1-0, I was worried. This wasn't a team that would come back. Not that way any more. There is a consistent level of fight in them that is 2016-esque. They just keep coming.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
uh, go back and watch the Buffalo game and half of Columbus. This wasn't the identity until they ditched half the fowards and moved Marino up.

I think the young guys coming in is part of it. I think the other part is I think that the team realized efforts like these are going to be necessary to be competitive. And I think the Buffalo game was a good early wake up call that they needed to bring it to get wins. They aren't so talented any more that they can coast on talent and I think the guys have realized that and are playing the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad