Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: "Deja Vu All Over Again"

Status
Not open for further replies.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Awww Geno didn't even get to make it to the SO so I could point and laugh at a guy who used to terrorize goaltenders.

As a fan who said to take it easy and see how the game unfolds regarding Kap/Erod... I was wrong. This is foolish. Especially with what Kap has shown his first couple games combined with what L1 has not.

Malkin was better this game... not entirely getting all the hate here but my goodness that line is hopeless-- if it scores at all they are those like... Sisyphean types where they gotta slog for an entire game just to put in some greasy deflection goal.

Both of these things should be glaringly obvious to the coaching staff and it's super easy to try something different. I just don't get it.

Stoked for POJ. Another sneaky good game from Blueger. Jarry very good.
absolutely, although I think I know what would work with some simple move:sarcasm:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
upload_2021-1-22_18-52-9.png

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
[/QUOTE="Rust having a third of their shots is obviously great for Rust but just can't be a sustainable way to win games[/QUOTE]

It's totally sustainable... nobody on this team will shoot the f***ing puck.

Literally... we just pass or skate ourselves into a turnover.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I gave him a - on performance bc I expect him to be great but I didn’t hate Geno and L2 as much as everyone else tonight.

Had to watch as I cooked and I was surprised to see the thread ripping into G/Zucker when I got back. Zucker isn’t pretty at times but I thought his hustle was consistent and relentless, and Geno at least was noticeable.

Sid was bad bad bad. No defending him.

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
At this point I think you need to drop Zucker out of the top six if you’re going to force him with Malkin.
Zucker is useless garbage sadly so far.

Bigger issue is still this it seems:
upload_2021-1-22_21-52-41.png

But...Zucker is the next big problem.

Anyone still thinking he can be a scorer/contributor...a proper NHL player reply is:
upload_2021-1-22_21-54-50.png

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
If his play's that scary, what general manager is going to give us a 1st and a prospect for him?

His rep is still quite good around the league. But the warning alarms are blaring right now.

Then again, #58 is the bigger problem and I'm now convinced we should have moved on over the summer.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
This chart says Zucker is good. So unless this chart shows "f***ing terrible game"... idk. I just dont know

It’s “expected” not what did happen.

Edit: But lots of chances happened when he was on the ice a lot more than against

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
So every player has shown some good play but it can they not do it at the same time. Not even close to all performing well at the same time

Here’s to hoping it’ll happen. Bc if it miraculously somehow comes together I think we can be very good.

Don’t get me wrong, I am thoroughly unimpressed. But I do not think this team is done for 5 games in.

Reactions: Tom Hanks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad