Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: "Deja Vu All Over Again"

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
++++++ Blueger. I think he’s awesome. Not flashy but dependable as all get out. I’d play him way more.
++++ Jarry. SO win.
+++ Rust. Had some jump back.
+++ POJ. Congrats on making your life’s work and dream come true. And he was good.
++ Winning 3 games in a row

- - - - Sid was awful. Geno wasn’t great yet again but I thought L2 had their moments. These guys have to be better. It’s not just form, it’s effort.
- - have not won in regulation yet. 5 games this year.
- I love Sullivan more than most, but I can’t get behind Erod nonsense. It may just be time for him to go. Getting absurd. Kap on 4th line? Fine. But no KK in OT and Erod just eating 1RW minutes and being a nothing burger in all that time is hurting us really bad.

LittleSpoon

Jan 17, 2016
Miserable bunch. Good fight in a sloppy effort. Three game win streak in the toughest division and just whining. Criticism is valid and fine, but maybe pull your heads out the poo and smell the flower that grew out of it once in a while. Still early in the season with three d injured and many guys who’ve barely played hockey in the last ten months. But my one real gripe is this insistence of Erod on line one.....needs to stop yesteryear.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I guess congrats to the team on getting away with it again. Can't fault their resilience in terms of coming back after putting themselves in the hole. Just how they get there.

I don't see them being lazy, I see them being really f***ing stupid and that's far more alarming.

edit: And congrats to POJ on a nice debut.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
++++Kapanen
+++POJ
++Jarry
+Malkin, would have been a gazillion pluses but for that terrible late turnover
+Rust

--Sid
-----Erod on Sid's line
-----Sully
------------#58 and #8 are really bad and will sink us this year. At least one should be gone by the deadline.
----------Zucker played an eminently hateable game
That was at least 66% Letang’s fault

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Awww Geno didn't even get to make it to the SO so I could point and laugh at a guy who used to terrorize goaltenders.

As a fan who said to take it easy and see how the game unfolds regarding Kap/Erod... I was wrong. This is foolish. Especially with what Kap has shown his first couple games combined with what L1 has not.

Malkin was better this game... not entirely getting all the hate here but my goodness that line is hopeless-- if it scores at all they are those like... Sisyphean types where they gotta slog for an entire game just to put in some greasy deflection goal.

Both of these things should be glaringly obvious to the coaching staff and it's super easy to try something different. I just don't get it.

Stoked for POJ. Another sneaky good game from Blueger. Jarry very good.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
tanger back to his patented move....
Jarry was OK definitively his best game...
POJ good, Ruh OK Marino and Dumo hve been our two worst d-man so far, thats not going to cut it....
1st and 3rd line bad second and fourth good, with Zucker just drunk no other way to explain all his mistakes tonight
Rust benefited from a solid Geno's game...when Geno shows effort and Rust skates things are working, get Zucker with Sid and Kap and reunite Jake Geno and Rust its that f***ing simple

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Pens depth guys carrying the squad. If the other half of this team ever wakes up and gives a damn, we might have something here.

+ A Win is a Win

+ Malkin's line looked dangerous for the first time all season

+ POJ looks like a player

- Everything else.

We're above. 500 but I feel lucky we aren't 0-5. It has to get better or the coaches need to change.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
+ POJ, good thing they took on Matheson's $5M for the next 6 years :facepalm:
+ Jarry, made some big saves after getting hung out to dry
+Rust
+Kap, Blueger

= Malkin, still not great, but showed a pulse at least
= L3, nothing bad, but kind of invisible

-Crosby, Jake...E-Rod...for some reason
- Dumo, brutal turnover on their first goal
----Zucker, holy shit, what the f***? Just not his night.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Thank you again for being so welcoming. Amazing that it’s 3 Shoot Out/ O/T Wins in a Row. But as they say, doesn’t matter how they look, they all count.
E291C262-DD02-4A29-9C36-C573EF88810F.gif

Tristan looked sharp
CBA6CA1B-6E71-4EA1-ABCF-2EDDA904AA2E.gif

Defense had their moments
91454CE4-4DFA-4C69-9E98-ED4638262C77.gif

And in the end the Boys figured it out and got it done
B2E979ED-EF9E-45DA-BCE3-32DE9C0B84FA.gif

615F1A63-FBC8-47F1-ACD5-5E9CA2062035.gif

See you again soon.

Cheers

Last edited:
Status