++++Kapanen
+++POJ
++Jarry
+Malkin, would have been a gazillion pluses but for that terrible late turnover
+Rust

--Sid
-----Erod on Sid's line
-----Sully
------------#58 and #8 are really bad and will sink us this year. At least one should be gone by the deadline.
----------Zucker played an eminently hateable game

Jrtu

Jun 22, 2010
Wasn’t able to watch the whole game, but seeing Blueger tying it up and seeing Letang win it in the shootout is good enough for me!

But seriously, as much as I love Crosby, Malkin, Guentzel, and etc, they are playing like asses.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I suppose many will spin this as a “good sign” that they are winning games despite looking like utter dog shit, and that once they get fully acclimated, they will tear it up, but this has been a very disturbing 1st 4 games to say the least...

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Not stressing giving the Rangers a point. I don't think they'll make the playoffs.

What I am stressing is the careless puck management all game from almost everybody. Well, at least until 3 on 3 where they suddenly become possession gods.

Glad POJ and Jarry delivered for me.

And as garbage as Letang was tonight, that shootout goal was sick.

trooper66

Jun 28, 2008
Alberta
I don’t know what to think of this team, they are Dam good when they need to be but man when the game is a toss up they break down all over the place

Reactions: Ginger Papa

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
First game this season I watched. I thought Zucker/Malkin/Rust all hustled - Zucker just didn't look great doing it but I appreciated the effort. Many players were invisible (McCann) - Sid/Guentz were awesome. Letang had some bad moments but played great. All in all not nearly as bleak as I went in thinking. We're a skills based team that is rusty right now.....that said:

- Rodrigues doesn't even look like an NHL'er - he certainly doesn't belong in anyone's top 6. No clue what we see in him that couldn't be replaced by anyone in WBS.
- Dumo looks like he just took 2 years off of hockey. Skates in sand - passes brutally - pushes the puck. No clue what's going on there.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Two sweet backhanders from Jake and Tanger in the SO

Way too many turnovers again.

Kap is making things happen. Congrats to POJ on his first game and assist.

Zucker was atrocious. He needs to bounce back.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
+Awesome game from POJ. Hell of a debut.
+I was critical of the price paid for KK but he’s exactly the type of player this team needed. Hopefully in Sully’s mind, two games plus a week of practice is the equivalent of a week of training camp. But I’m sure we’ll see EROD on the top line.
+Jarry played well.

The biggest negative for me is that they keep shooting themselves in the foot. I can’t remember too many goals against this year where you just had to give credit to the other team. I guess it can be a positive thing because those mistakes can be fixed, but it’s just too much of a trend at this point.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
@ColePens, I think there were some steps forward from Geno at 5 on 5. It's still up and down, but some baby step, sometimes in the same shift, but for the second half of the game Zucker did more to slow him (and Rust) down than the Rangers did.

That said, it's not about +/- anymore. They're all done with Sullivan. The Titanic is sinking, and a +/- kind of reminds me of 'if only we rearranged the deck chairs thusly'.

EDIT: In honor of @Gurglesons . . . as noted in the GDT, with Geno's secondary sidney tonight, the ONLY Pens forward who's played every game who does NOT have a point at 5 0n 5 is Sid. One would think that merits a L1 change, the obvious one for sure and the one Sully lacks the balls to make if that doesn't do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad