OT: Cole's OT Thread - Fly Me to Moon Township

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's never fascinated me, my brother loves to gamble and wins a lot, he's good at that. It's cool how people win a ton though.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I somehow ended up at Rivers last night, won $20 on slots within a minute and called it quits. I was on a losing streak in the past couple visits, so I was willing to call it quits with just winning $20 :laugh:

Sorry

May 18, 2005
So no more Log Jammer. I hope the rumors are true and Kennywood gets the custom RMC like Outlaw Run or Lightning Rod. A top three coaster set of the Phantom, an RMC, and the Thunderbolt is pretty world class.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
So no more Log Jammer. I hope the rumors are true and Kennywood gets the custom RMC like Outlaw Run or Lightning Rod. A top three coaster set of the Phantom, an RMC, and the Thunderbolt is pretty world class.

Totally bummed about the Log Jammer. Such a Kennywood ride.

Oh well.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Not a lot of gamblers here. God bless ya.

I've been gambling on and off for a few years now, but recently I've been getting more into it. Mainly football and CSGO, but I've been doing well for myself. The hardest part is taking a step back if I have a bad day, I've always had somewhat poor impulse control.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I've been gambling on and off for a few years now, but recently I've been getting more into it. Mainly football and CSGO, but I've been doing well for myself. The hardest part is taking a step back if I have a bad day, I've always had somewhat poor impulse control.

The best gamblers are ones who don't necessarily enjoy it. They can stick to a number that if they reach, they walk out.

Me? If I'm up 500, I see that as more time to gamble. Love poker.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I'm so glad I didn't put any cash down on the GGG/Canelo fight this past Saturday.

The outcome was *********. **** Adalaide Byrd and her shady ass (and apparently blind as a ****ing bat) "judging."

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
Not a lot of gamblers here. God bless ya.

I pretty much only gamble on CHL hockey(QMJHL,OHL and WHL).

It's crazy what an advantage I have over the bookies who are mostly based in Russia/Belarus. The odds are pretty much just set on statistics by the looks of things so when I see that it's a battle of two 17 year old backups or something, it's pretty easy to jam the over.

It's also a ton of fun to go watch game with some friends when you all have money on the line and you're either cheering goals from both teams or the road team. :laugh:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Acid reflux aint no joke. Woke up coughing with an extreme burning sensation in my throat and ears, hearing my air make a wheezing sound, the taste of burning vomit in my mouth, nose dripping, heart area feeling so weak. It's finally starting to go away just a little, it's been an hour so far since it started. Forces me to cough which ignites my burning ears even more, forces me to spit which ignites my throat to burn even more. Used to have this quite often but it's been a LONG time since I had it, went away when I quit pop. Horrible feeling, I can hear random air noises come out of my mouth as well.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
The best gamblers are ones who don't necessarily enjoy it. They can stick to a number that if they reach, they walk out.

Haha so true and 100% how I go too. Makes it more fun and more frustrating but oh well haha

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Acid reflux aint no joke. Woke up coughing with an extreme burning sensation in my throat and ears, hearing my air make a wheezing sound, the taste of burning vomit in my mouth, nose dripping, heart area feeling so weak. It's finally starting to go away just a little, it's been an hour so far since it started. Forces me to cough which ignites my burning ears even more, forces me to spit which ignites my throat to burn even more. Used to have this quite often but it's been a LONG time since I had it, went away when I quit pop. Horrible feeling, I can hear random air noises come out of my mouth as well.

Be careful with that stuff man, I know someone who let acid reflux go and they almost lost their voice permanently because of how bad it had scarred their vocal cords.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I saw "Mother!".....dear god, Aronofsky had like 2 good movies that I liked (Requiem and Wrestler).

I am just glad I didn't pay to see it, I am however annoyed my friend had to ask me knowing I had nothing better to do and I went with her, it was just...so god awful and just yikes.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I saw "Mother!".....dear god, Aronofsky had like 2 good movies that I liked (Requiem and Wrestler).

I am just glad I didn't pay to see it, I am however annoyed my friend had to ask me knowing I had nothing better to do and I went with her, it was just...so god awful and just yikes.

Sounds like I found the new date movie for next week.:naughty:

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Apparently it's a big deal that CinemaScore gave it a "F"

https://www.avclub.com/mother-earns-a-rare-semi-coveted-f-from-cinemascore-1818476876
The Las Vegas company builds its rankings by presenting opening-day audiences with survey cards after seeing a film, compiling scores from tests in five randomly selected cities. The scores are frequently seen as a useful benchmark for a movie’s future success, as well as a reflection on the way it was marketed, with the company’s founder, Ed Mintz, breaking down the reactions thusly: “A’s generally are good, B’s generally are shaky, and C’s are terrible. D’s and F’s, they shouldn’t have made the movie, or they promoted it funny and the absolute wrong crowd got into it.”

Past recipients of the “honor” include Steven Soderbergh’s Solaris, the Nicolas Cage Wicker Man (which, ironically, failed to get the Beeeeeeeeeees), and a number of bizarro horror movies—William Friedkin’s Bug, Richard Kelly’s The Box—that were significantly weirder than their initial marketing let on.

Unleashed onto a whopping 2,368 screens... the critically divisive movie opened with just $7.5 million.

Ouch.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
My wifi was down all day with a blinking upstream/downstream light on my router, so naturally what I decided to do is take apart my router and put it back together. Shockingly, that actually worked :laugh:

Comcast probably won't be happy about that when I return the router, but an extra middle finger to Comcast is never a bad thing.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba

Yeah, you have to be really cold and unemotional about it, which is completely opposite to how I am.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Mother's trash? That's disappointing, the trailer looked incredible IMO.

Then again, it's Aronofsky. Great looking movies that lack substance have been his MO since The Fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad