OT: Cole's OT Boutique: Beep Beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Just taken my blind cat for a walk down the street again (did it yesterday) and broadcasted it on FB live :laugh:
My friends dog is this black little chihuahua that is blind and has no teeth. She was a rescue years ago but her breath is something awful, also she went from loving me to now being my mortal enemy when I come over.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. :)

Went to see him today and asked him what's wrong and apparently he had Surgery a few hours after I left last night (2AM surgery) and it went well. He will be staying there for 2 days if he's lucky so probably more. Gotta figure out the setup i'll give him when he comes home, thinking of dragging his heavy bed upstairs to the living room where he can lay on while he recovers. The good news is this is forcing him to lose weight now doctors orders or this will happen again, i'll start 3-4 days a week when he's better walking around the block and work from there. He wants to buy a kayak eventually and go Kayaking. Wished this older guy a good night as he was walking past me with his walker headed back to his room when I was leaving and the Nurse a good shift.

At around 1AM while I was walking home this drunken goof goes into someones yard and sticks a big thing of wood blocking the road saying he's causing chaos, I stare at him and put it back into their yard and he calls me out, i'm making sure no cars are coming and staring at him in the middle of the road with my arms in the air. What a clown, I'm not even dumb enough to do that when i'm drunk.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Only seen three of the rescue doggies so far but I'm my heart is starting to melt :heart:

You're rescue dog shopping?

If you are . . .

1. Good for you.
2. Best of luck with your choice.
3. Trust me when I say that a rescue dog KNOWS that he/she has been rescued.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
My football team was 4-0 up after 38 minutes today. Second half was so weird, neither team bothered, was over.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
You're rescue dog shopping?

If you are . . .

1. Good for you.
2. Best of luck with your choice.
3. Trust me when I say that a rescue dog KNOWS that he/she has been rescued.
Sadly not. Just been volunteering at the Humane Society with their dogs rescued from a dog meat farm in South Korea

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Sadly not. Just been volunteering at the Humane Society with their dogs rescued from a dog meat farm in South Korea

Good for you. :thumbu:

EDIT: I think that I've reached the point in life where I just ******* hate people. Dogs I love. (A lot of) people for what they do to dogs . . . if they ****** off and died tomorrow, it would be a year too late.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Good for you. :thumbu:

EDIT: I think that I've reached the point in life where I just ******* hate people. Dogs I love. (A lot of) people for what they do to dogs . . . if they ****** off and died tomorrow, it would be a year too late.
I see you took the late train, but we're happy you've arrived ;)

Reactions: vabm8 and KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
On a happier doggy story note, I believe that I mentioned about 11 months ago that I got my Aussie/Rottie girl, who was 7.5 at the time, stem cell therapy surgery. She has arthritis and frankly the hips of a dog like five years older. The vet pulls fat from the shoulders, removes the stem cell, makes a milk shake, and then injects the back knees and hips. Well, 11 months later, her arthritis and hip dysplasia have gotten no worse, and she's needed Rimadyl for one day to deal with the pain/inflammation of running around like she used to 3-4 years ago.

If anyone has a dog or knows someone with a dog who's suffering from arthritis and/or dysplasia, then I definitely recommend looking into the procedure. It's not cheap. Probably about $2000-$3000. For that price, they'll 'bank' another dosage for injection once the initial injection wears off (anywhere from 1-3 years, but typically 18 months) and charge $200 a year for storage; you'll have to pay for the next injection, but I think it will be about $500. Anyway, obviously not cheap, but it definitely is a lot cheaper that other surgical options.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I see you took the late train, but we're happy you've arrived ;)

I think that was always there, but I happened on an animal cruelty short video on twitter in a feed, so it was a disgusting reminder.

BTW, funny story this AM. My Aussie/Rottie mix referenced above, she goes up to my wife this AM and assumes her 'please rub my head and neck' position. She gets her massage . . . and then proceeds to turn around and sit while hunched so she can get a back massage too. :laugh:

Reactions: DegenX

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So a buddy of mine was driving home and some younger kid (21) cut him off and hit his car while doing it, then she drove off and he and some dude chased her down. He was about to put in a claim to the insurance people here until her Dad called and offered to take care of it for him and pay for the fix (I think he said it was like a scrape and a bit of a bump, so like a paintjob I would guess).

I have never got in an accident *knock on wood* so I don't even know what I would do, but I'm also not familiar with "ICBC" which is like the only insurance corporation in this place which is weird, but I guess it's bad enough that they would rather pay for it all instead?

Or I think the Dad is just pissed his kid is an idiot and doesn't want her to pay higher insurance rates which I am guessing he pays for, lol.

I told him I'd probably just get him to pay for it, but then again, he needs a new paintjob, so maybe he could get a place to paint his entire car and have the body shop tell the insurance that it was in a place where it was the same cost, etc.

I wish I knew more about this stuff, driving for over 2 decades, I have yet to go through this headache.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Tough call

On one hand the bitch needs to learn a lesson. Hit another car and drove off now Daddy is going to pay. Sounds like a brat who needs a dose of real life.

Or

Maybe she is a new driver and got into a little panic.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Tough call

On one hand the ***** needs to learn a lesson. Hit another car and drove off now Daddy is going to pay. Sounds like a brat who needs a dose of real life.

Or

Yeah I feel like as a parent...

1. I would never pay for my kid's insurance if it was under my name. I would pay for it if it was under theirs and only the amount that it was before any additional fees thanks to their stupidity. So if it's 1,000 then I pay 1,000 even if they got a few accidents and now it's worth 1,800, tough luck kiddo.

2. I get it, it's tough, your kid is a moron and you feel bad because she probably came off whatever drug she was on and is now panicking and the Dad wants to now fix it and now it's a "Now you are doing what I need you to do in your life..."

I'm not sure what he can do though, my buddy. I googled the claims process here, he can't even put in the claim because it then goes into review and she's screwed, which is what the Dad wants to avoid. I hope he trusts people.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Tough call

On one hand the ***** needs to learn a lesson. Hit another car and drove off now Daddy is going to pay. Sounds like a brat who needs a dose of real life.

Or

Yeah, hit and run is no joke. I'd ask daddy man to man for some proof she's actually a good kid. Is she going to school, working, or volunteering somewhere? I wouldn't want to f over a kid that's trying to do something with his/her life, but I don't think I would do him a solid if she's just Daddy's Little Princess.

Reactions: Clare2904

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah, hit and run is no joke. I'd ask daddy man to man for some proof she's actually a good kid. Is she going to school, working, or volunteering somewhere? I wouldn't want to f over a kid that's trying to do something with his/her life, but I don't think I would do him a solid if she's just Daddy's Little Princess.

He made the claim but told them to put it on hold, not sure how that will go. He has a witness so I guess that makes it better for him? But he's like "I will meet up with him, but I want to ask him what he thinks about what happened and base it off of that, because if he is just paying for it to go away, I'll make the claim, f*** it, the car needs a new paint job anyway.." lol.

Reactions: Sideline

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So my buddy tells me that he gets a ton of spam emails for job opportunities that are obvious "phising" scams. He's found some Bruce Wayne resume that he sends them as a joke. He sent it to me and I got a good chuckle out of it.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So I ****ed around FarCry 5 for a while and...man do I ****ing suck at first-person games not named Bioshock. Too many wolverines; not realistic.

I saw the game, apparently it's more chaotic than GTAV in the open world online segment, I remember when Red Dead Redemption online was like that, I'd be riding around on the horse and then enter the town, get sniped by some clown on a roof of a Saloon. Then I would try to get this guy, hide behind trees...all that was missing was Sergio Leone's style filming, Ennio Morricone's The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly soundtrack and some cheesy one liners.

I saw the clips to FC5, way too crazy for me. For now anyway.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
People play online?

latest

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
People play online?

latest

I wear a headset and play Ah-ha and George Michaels greatest hits on repeat in one playlist on shuffle. So anyone in a game with me hears that music.

I do get a lot of kills when Careless Whisper plays, something about that song just calms me and I am able to string together a lot of kills in a row.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Ditto.

Most online play (unless you're strictly playing with friends) is ****ing garbage.
I miss the early 2000's when XBConnect was how you played Halo with friends in different rooms so you can have a massive player vs player game of Melee or CTF.

The losing team would have to slam a beer, you played best of 7...man those were the good ol' days. Now its some f***ing 12yr old telling me he banged my mother or something stupid like that. Or it's pay to upgrade so people get an advantage over you.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I miss the early 2000's when XBConnect was how you played Halo with friends in different rooms so you can have a massive player vs player game of Melee or CTF.

The losing team would have to slam a beer, you played best of 7...man those were the good ol' days. Now its some ****ing 12yr old telling me he banged my mother or something stupid like that. Or it's pay to upgrade so people get an advantage over you.
Don't most games still let you make private matches with just friends? The new battle Royale trend may not, but I know things like overwatch, counterstrike, rocket league, league of legends, etc all still support small private matches. And then all the indie stuff like duck game and ultimate chicken horse which basically rely on playing with friends. Blanket hating online games seems like a great way to miss out on a lot of great games. If you have people to play them with at least.

Pay to win is a whole different thing, but those games are pretty easy to avoid. My biggest gripe with online is the franchises that shift focus too much to online and abandon the offline features. Maybe that's happened with things like Halo, I honestly haven't played one except for the

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad