OT: Cole's OT Boutique: Beep Beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
@ColePens I'm starting to see what you mean when you say not being hungover is great :laugh:

Waking up on a Saturday not hungover and going to the gym at 10 feels a lot better than getting drunk on a Friday night.

Man no joke. Having full control and not feeling like death is such an amazing feeling. :laugh: I will have an occasional beer, glass of wine, or cocktail if we are out with dinner - but I choose to just get 1 and nothing more so i can feel that way every day.

Now drink a lot tonight and tell me how you feel tomorrow and see if you want to continue lol.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Man no joke. Having full control and not feeling like death is such an amazing feeling. :laugh: I will have an occasional beer, glass of wine, or cocktail if we are out with dinner - but I choose to just get 1 and nothing more so i can feel that way every day.

Now drink a lot tonight and tell me how you feel tomorrow and see if you want to continue lol.

Honestly, I was planning on doing this already :laugh:

I'm having some friends over to watch the Final Four games and I was planning on drinking a good amount because of that. It depends on what other people do, I don't want to be destroyed when everyone else is sober.

You guys must have way worse hangovers than I ever did.

My hangovers aren't usually "bad", I just feel a lot better without a hangover than with a hangover. I just feel crappy for the entire day when I wake up hungover. It's just starting the day off on the wrong foot, I think that's the best way I can describe it.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I’ve found Smart Water (or anything with electrolytes) to be the best hangover “cure” for me. I like Smart Water because most other drinks with electrolytes have sugar and other crap that don’t really help you recover quicker.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
There will be someone at the hospital you can talk to to help you cope should you want too. My mum used it when I was in there. Helped her a little bit.

Doctors will generally give you the worst prognosis when giving their assessments if things aren’t conclusive as well. So it might be a little better than what they say.

Thanks, I got a few buddies I talk to though.

I don't really know what to say to people in these situations but I've been there. Hopefully he pulls through and the doctors get him out of that mess and you can start pulling him towards a healthier lifestyle.

Seeing my dad in the hospital after his stroke will stay with me forever. It's very grounding seeing a man you grew up watching everything he did just so frail and weak. Unfortunately a lifetime of unhealthy living habits finally caught up to him and he passed away. Hopefully your dad makes a full recovery. Having you there with him is going to help him a lot, even if you yourself feel helpless.

Sorry about your dad :( Yes, hope they do so some changes can/will happen. I'll be going back after work today for about 3 hours. Not watched the past 6 Pens games, too much shit happening all at once for me to care.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
My hangovers aren't usually "bad", I just feel a lot better without a hangover than with a hangover. I just feel crappy for the entire day when I wake up hungover. It's just starting the day off on the wrong foot, I think that's the best way I can describe it.

The key to me is to get up and do something when I'm hungover and it's usually gone after I do it. The only time it really lingers is when I don't get a good night sleep and follow that up with letting myself sit on my ass all day the next day.

I’ve found Smart Water (or anything with electrolytes) to be the best hangover “cure” for me. I like Smart Water because most other drinks with electrolytes have sugar and other crap that don’t really help you recover quicker.
drinking it before going to bed is especially effective.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I called 911 today for my dad, waited 4 hours in the waiting room and to CT Scan, then the little area he's staying 2 nights at and left at midnight and cried the whole 45 minute walk home but I stayed strong in front of him.

God...if you really do exist PLEASE spare my dad, i'll do anything! I don't have any other family, they turned their back on us. I PROMISE I'LL GET HIM TO LOSE THE WEIGHT! it will be my goal in life, I'm not ready to be alone in this ****in world. Omg these tears wont stop.
Hey man hang in there. Hope it all gets better bud.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I’m really sorry to hear that, @60-30-33.

There will be someone at the hospital you can talk to to help you cope should you want too. My mum used it when I was in there. Helped her a little bit.

Doctors will generally give you the worst prognosis when giving their assessments if things aren’t conclusive as well. So it might be a little better than what they say.

Yeah, taking care of yourself in times like that is really important.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Held my first baby. That was scary.

raising-arizona-watching-recommendation-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600.jpg

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Yeah I can't really understand people that want to get hammered and then suffer through the crap after effects the next day. I have 1, maybe 2 drinks max if I am drinking and the next day, at 8am, I am at the gym a little later than usual and I feel good while I see the hungover younger crowd just going through the motions while I'm just beasting through my workout and my day.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Coconut water, just the natural stuff.

That's what I drink.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I’ve heard great things about that too, I’m just not a huge fan of the taste.
The taste is whatever.

I don't particularly enjoy Salmon Nigiri, but my gf loves sushi (she's viet), so we eat Sushi a few times a week and to get protein in my body at a sushi restaurant, that's the compromise I've made. But I eat it, because I know it's good for me. Just like coconut water, the taste isn't that bad, I've had weirder juice that my gf has made me drink that is like "normal" for Asians, which I mean, is never normal.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Thanks guys, saw him today for a few hours after work as he wanted to sleep. He's having surgery on hopefully Monday or Tuesday to help fix his problem so tomorrow I'm going to let him use my Ipad with some games on it, some crossword puzzles, some magazines and pay for him to watch TV for a day. I broke down again at work this time today. It's been 1 thing after another with me and it's been hard to try taking things 1 at a time, I can get so incredibly overwhelmed at things I can sit down with my hands on the top of my head repeating to myself "what am I going to do?". I got SO MUCH I gotta worry about, it's never in my life been this bad before. I've come down with some type of health problem as it's hard to catch my breath, I get incredibly winded just walking, I get EXTREMELY light headed. It's not from my weight, I already lost almost 60 pounds I think it's from the stress I'm under.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Thanks guys, saw him today for a few hours after work as he wanted to sleep. He's having surgery on hopefully Monday or Tuesday to help fix his problem so tomorrow I'm going to let him use my Ipad with some games on it, some crossword puzzles, some magazines and pay for him to watch TV for a day. I broke down again at work this time today. It's been 1 thing after another with me and it's been hard to try taking things 1 at a time, I can get so incredibly overwhelmed at things I can sit down with my hands on the top of my head repeating to myself "what am I going to do?". I got SO MUCH I gotta worry about, it's never in my life been this bad before. I've come down with some type of health problem as it's hard to catch my breath, I get incredibly winded just walking, I get EXTREMELY light headed. It's not from my weight, I already lost almost 60 pounds I think it's from the stress I'm under.

I know it can be crazy and yeah you are overwhelmed. But you also need to realize, you are doing the best you can to your capabilities and you are at your maximum capacity with all of this. So don't feel bad, no you should not play the "but I could have done more" just know that you doing anything right now is a good thing and your Dad appreciates it.

Just remember to go out side, take a deep breath and tell yourself, it'll be ok, it'll all work out in the end and you're doing the best you can and your best is enough and that is fine.

If you need to vent via PM's, let me know, I am here to listen/read. I may not be posting as much during GDT's at the moment, but I do read stuff off of my phone, so hey you do have us.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

It sounds better than when you first posted so I hope that’s the case. Yeah I bet it’s the stress making you feel like this. Your brain will tell your body when you need to take to a break. If you can’t manage to do so with all these thoughts going through your head your body will do it for you and you may have a fatigue crash.

As for any other words of wisdom I think @Honour Over Glory said it perfectly.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I pretty much fell apart when my Dad got sick. Just realize that almost every person you interact with whether it's friends, colleagues, or randos of HF will be compassionate if you are honest about your situation. Don't be afraid to ask for help or take it when offered. Take care of yourself too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad