OT: Cole's OT Block Party: Coldplay, Chainsmokers, Mandalorian, Lost in Space, RoS all rock! Let's go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
How are you going to live up to your name? Going to have to change it to FistbumpLin

3s26ho.gif

Coronaviralvideo?

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Working from home sucks because when I'm at home, I specifically want to be not working. :laugh:

Now I have to clean up the living room because all lectures are now skype lectures and I don't want my students to see me in my messy-ass apartment. :laugh:

Just hang up a green screen sheet and import an image of a lab. Or stacks of cash.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
When I was basically immobile and stuck at my parent's house for 10 days, Animal Crossing for the 3DS was a godsend. You just go about living your life the way to you want. I did so by upgrading my house, digging up and donating fossils, and donating fish to the museum. And doing some chores for the town folk.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Anyone know (or care to know) whoever that person was who made HBO's Chernobyl series has been green lighted to take the helm of the tv adaption of the PS game for HBO, The Last Of Us.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Would be cool if they filmed some stuff in Pittsburgh.

Absolutely. That would be wild. I don't see why not either, PA makes for great settings in movies. It's old, it's got plenty of creepy stuff, beautiful forests, has it's big cities to small towns.
Got plenty of mines and unique places like Centrailia.

The thing about making a last of us show is that.... you kind of don't really need to do it. For those that never played the game, just watch this... it's absolutely worth it and the story is a honest 10/10.
*plus now with the corona craze, this would be even more popular*

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Any PC builders out there?

I finished a new rig recently and have been looking for some case fans but I'm unsure about the cheaper ones. I don't want to go nuts and spend $150 on some Corsair high end RBG insanity, but they do have some mid range ones that seem good. What are the other brand options? Cooler Maser and bequiet? Any recommendations?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

I finished a new rig recently and have been looking for some case fans but I'm unsure about the cheaper ones. I don't want to go nuts and spend $150 on some Corsair high end RBG insanity, but they do have some mid range ones that seem good. What are the other brand options? Cooler Maser and bequiet? Any recommendations?

I build all my own pc's.

What size you looking for? Some cases come with fans already.

You want a big one?
I have a spare cooler master red 'mega flow 200'
It's a big 200mm and it cost me a decent amount when I bought it 7 years ago. I think it sells for 15 dollars now.

iu

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
A little gaudy for my build, and I think I'm going to stick with the 120mm or 140mm. I don't think my Corsair 275R has room to mount a 200mm.

The 275R came with 2 120's, but I'd like at least 2 more (one more for front intake and another for top). The front of the case is not the best for intake since it has a solid front panel with just slits down the side to draw in air, so I'd like another in front to help and since the top is vented, I wouldn't mind mind some air being drawn in up there.

I have a nice, clean white/black build and I'm looking for either fans with white LEDs or none at all, to keep the clean look going.

Edited to add pictures for reference and to show off my new baby:

hb24nW3.jpg

0rqpSal.jpg

Last edited:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

I've had good luck with Noctua stuff. Both passive cooling and their fans.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Absolutely. That would be wild. I don't see why not either, PA makes for great settings in movies. It's old, it's got plenty of creepy stuff, beautiful forests, has it's big cities to small towns.
Got plenty of mines and unique places like Centrailia.

The thing about making a last of us show is that.... you kind of don't really need to do it. For those that never played the game, just watch this... it's absolutely worth it and the story is a honest 10/10.
*plus now with the corona craze, this would be even more popular*

Any sort of media related in general to zombies often has a tossaway reference, at least, to Pittsburgh because it's where George Romero was from and of course, the original Night of the Living Dead was shot up 'er in Evans City n'at.

Dawn of the Dead was, of course, in the Monroeville Mall where I spent far too much of my formative years eating pretzels and trying to look far cooler than I have ever been.

Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Any sort of media related in general to zombies often has a tossaway reference, at least, to Pittsburgh because it's where George Romero was from and of course, the original Night of the Living Dead was shot up 'er in Evans City n'at.

Dawn of the Dead was, of course, in the Monroeville Mall where I spent far too much of my formative years eating pretzels and trying to look far cooler than I have ever been.

"They're coming to get you Barbara"

Side story:
My father met her and got her to autograph a photo of her in that scene.

She signed it, "I hurt"

****ing awesome.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I've had good luck with Noctua stuff. Both passive cooling and their fans.

I did do some looking on their website, I don't like the brown on beige coloring that most of their fans have and most of their black ones have accent colors I don't like. I know it's just stupid visuals and has zero impact on the system, but I'm trying to make this build very clean and visually appealing. My last build was a fairly budget build and was a hot mess inside and I vowed to make my future PCs clean and tidy.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I did do some looking on their website, I don't like the brown on beige coloring that most of their fans have and most of their black ones have accent colors I don't like. I know it's just stupid visuals and has zero impact on the system, but I'm trying to make this build very clean and visually appealing. My last build was a fairly budget build and was a hot mess inside and I vowed to make my future PCs clean and tidy.

Haha... makes sense, I get you.

Funny thing is I recommended based partially on looks. Funny, that. Different strokes indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad