OT: Cole's OT Bar: -18 and snow to 60 and run to 30 and rain all in one week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
Anyone see the RING video doorbell security commecial?
COMICAL! Because B & E 'ers go to your front door to break in during daylight hours.

Honestly, a horrible product. Yet it will make millions I bet. *sigh*
Amazon acquired the company that makes the Ring Doorbell for over $1 billion.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Amazon acquired the company that makes the Ring Doorbell for over $1 billion.

Oh man... it hurts... it hurts money like that is thrown around for such crap.

I mean, the guy who made the pet f***ing rock made millions for selling rocks. So I guess in retrospect the ring thing isn't the worst.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Not sure about the chicken. But the bar episode with the father (dukes bar) is when fraiser and niles back an investment company in season 2 that end up demo'ing dukes bar.

I also like Season 3 when Fraiser fights with his female boss... also season 3, when Fraiser is hosting his wine tasting party S3E5.
Man I wish I can remember which episodes they were. But yeah there's also the one where I think Daphne thinks Fraser is in love with her.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Man I wish I can remember which episodes they were. But yeah there's also the one where I think Daphne thinks Fraser is in love with her.
Like you said, so many good ones... I just like to hear top #1 pick... and after that... a top 3. But I like to know #1 over all of them first. Fraisers whole demeanor and facial expressions freaking out over hilarious issues are tops for me.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Like you said, so many good ones... I just like to hear top #1 pick... and after that... a top 3. But I like to know #1 over all of them first. Fraisers whole demeanor and facial expressions freaking out over hilarious issues are tops for me.
It's when Frasier does the panicked shit, that gets me. Or when him and Niles get snippy with each other.

Also, Frasiers agent always cracked me up, good ol Bebe. Roz Doyle was a huge crush for me as well.

And now I remember. It was season 6 or 7 when Carlos and the Chicken kept mocking Frasier.

Reactions: shoplifter

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Just started watching Brooklyn 99. Enjoying it so far, mostly I think as it isn't forced comedy with canned laughter. Anyone here watch it?

The episode where Peralta has to get Holt's medal is brilliant.

Also, the person who plays Santiago is hot.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
There's nothing quite like sneezing for 10 minutes straight while suffering from back spasms.

giphy.gif

Just started watching Brooklyn 99. Enjoying it so far, mostly I think as it isn't forced comedy with canned laughter. Anyone here watch it?

The episode where Peralta has to get Holt's medal is brilliant.

Also, the person who plays Santiago is hot.

tumblr_p3ac7r6IDw1x3pca4o2_540.gif

Quite happy that NBC picked it up...never should have let it get away in the first place.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It's when Frasier does the panicked ****, that gets me. Or when him and Niles get snippy with each other.

Also, Frasiers agent always cracked me up, good ol Bebe. Roz Doyle was a huge crush for me as well.

And now I remember. It was season 6 or 7 when Carlos and the Chicken kept mocking Frasier.

You hit the nail on the head there on when Fraiser and Niles are the best. I just told my friend the other day that bebe was my favorite outside of Fraiser and Niles.
"OH You didn't want me to ruin their careers so you could advance yours. Got it....... *WINK*"
"BEBE I'm SERIOUS. STOP IT!"
"Ok Fraiser, I will be good...... *WINK*"
hahahaha bebe is priceless.

Last edited by a moderator:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Honour over glory
yo, I fell out of my chair laughing this episode. Fraiser S3E16.
When he freaks out at the PBS broadcast and sings 'buttons and bows' I lost it.
Kelsey Grammar can f***ing act. Forget the alcohol and cocaine he was juiced up on, nobody is perfect, but he is incredible as Fraiser.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@Honour over glory
yo, I fell out of my chair laughing this episode. Fraiser S3E16.
When he freaks out at the PBS broadcast and sings 'buttons and bows' I lost it.
Kelsey Grammar can ****ing act. Forget the alcohol and cocaine he was juiced up on, nobody is perfect, but he is incredible as Fraiser.
You gotta remember his entire family was basically murdered or is dead. Kelsey is one of my fav actors as well, he's awesome and his voice is f***ing awesome, he's also an incredible voice actor.

His two daughters are actors too. His eldest is Summer's voice in Rick and Morty.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
You gotta remember his entire family was basically murdered or is dead. Kelsey is one of my fav actors as well, he's awesome and his voice is ****ing awesome, he's also an incredible voice actor.

His two daughters are actors too. His eldest is Summer's voice in Rick and Morty.

Yeah I read about his history. Couldn't imagine so much tragedy happening to one soul.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Very (at this stage nearly 100%) hypothetical question-- what are average housing costs like around Oakland/Squirrel Hill/Shadyside/Point Breeze? I just found out that I'm in the running for a job back in Pittsburgh, and I'm trying to game out if it would be worth it to relocate back stateside, or if I should just use this offer as leverage with my current employers? Last time I actually lived in Pittsburgh, Oakland was a bombed out wreck and you could still walk people to the gate at the airport.

I feel so insanely conflicted just thinking about moving back to the 'Burgh.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Very (at this stage nearly 100%) hypothetical question-- what are average housing costs like around Oakland/Squirrel Hill/Shadyside/Point Breeze? I just found out that I'm in the running for a job back in Pittsburgh, and I'm trying to game out if it would be worth it to relocate back stateside, or if I should just use this offer as leverage with my current employers? Last time I actually lived in Pittsburgh, Oakland was a bombed out wreck and you could still walk people to the gate at the airport.

Those are very different areas to ask about :laugh:

Oakland is a college town, I do not recommend you live there in any scenario. Shadyside and Squirrel Hill are both really nice and probably the best neighborhoods in Pittsburgh, and Point Breeze South is a nice residential area (I live in Point Breeze North right now). Shadyside and Squirrel Hill South (the area that most people think about when you say "Squirrel Hill") have an average housing cost around $350k (Shadyside is $375k, Squirrel Hill South is $325k), I don't think that's bad. Point Breeze is a little more expensive and Squirrel Hill North is a lot more expensive, but I kinda feel like the mansions in those areas inflate the average housing prices.

A lot of the houses I've seen available in Squirrel Hill do need some work done, though. This house on Beachwood only costs $225k and it's a nice size for a small family, but I can already point to multiple areas I'd want to renovate on.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I know, Emp. I'm just spoiled here by walking to work and not having to commute more than 20 minutes on public transportation. :laugh: When my sister was doing a post-doc at Carnegie Mellon, she rented a house in Point Breeze, but that was 5 years ago, that's my experience with it.

Again, we'll see. The committee is still in the early stages of the hiring process and I might end up losing to a more senior academic anyhow. And even if I get an offer, I'm still not sure it'll be enough to make it worth my while to move back. But that said, I want to be reasonably well prepared if I get tendered an offer, so might as well start thinking about that sort of thing now.

In any case, I'd probably either stay with family or rent for the first semester before I start worrying about housing costs. :laugh:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I know, Emp. I'm just spoiled here by walking to work and not having to commute more than 20 minutes on public transportation. :laugh: When my sister was doing a post-doc at Carnegie Mellon, she rented a house in Point Breeze, but that was 5 years ago, that's my experience with it.

Again, we'll see. The committee is still in the early stages of the hiring process and I might end up losing to a more senior academic anyhow. And even if I get an offer, I'm still not sure it'll be enough to make it worth my while to move back. But that said, I want to be reasonably well prepared if I get tendered an offer, so might as well start thinking about that sort of thing now.

In any case, I'd probably either stay with family or rent for the first semester before I start worrying about housing costs. :laugh:
look at mr I live in the civilized world thinking of crawling back ;)

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh

I live in Shadyside, currently renting a 2 bed/1 bath apartment for 1550 which definitely seems to be on the higher side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad