OT: Cole's OT Bar: -18 and snow to 60 and run to 30 and rain all in one week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
My 3 1/2 old son is obsessed with Kessel. I just ordered off of eBay a Phil Kessel card. I plan on mailing it to the Penguins to try and get It signed, I’m stationed in San Diego with the Navy otherwise I’d wait for a player signing event. Has anyone had any success with sending stuff to the organization for autographs?

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
My 3 1/2 old son is obsessed with Kessel. I just ordered off of eBay a Phil Kessel card. I plan on mailing it to the Penguins to try and get It signed, I’m stationed in San Diego with the Navy otherwise I’d wait for a player signing event. Has anyone had any success with sending stuff to the organization for autographs?
I think your kid just really loves hot dogs man.

I think in 1988 I sent a letter to lemieux and got back an autographed picture and card. I'd have to ask my dad. But my brother sent a letter like a dork to Lindros and got back a signed card and picture as well and he was a rookie at the time.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Why is winter so undecided? Not a mere few days past it was 0 degrees for the high. 5 days later it is 55 for the high.
Winter... who don't like that, but in the summer, what if it went from 80 one day, to 130 degrees?

Maybe PA will benefit from all this mess. Wipe out New Jersey filth and PA is beach front... I may be a happy guy.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
That is a big swing for a daily high.

I dont think Ive seen a day that was say, 50* here, followed by a day at 100*

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
That is a big swing for a daily high.

I dont think Ive seen a day that was say, 50* here, followed by a day at 100*
You never lived on the east coast, north eastern section? I figured you did being a penguin fan. But yeah.. winters are crazy lately, up down up down.. summers never vary so wildly... if they did it would be chaos.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
No where should be high of 5 and then 55 the next day. lol

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
No where should be high of 5 and then 55 the next day. lol
I take it you've never been to Canada? It isn't uncommon to have your heat on in your car on the way to work and your a/c on when you go home. It was -32 with the wind chill (celsius) here Tuesday morning, got to be a high of 4 yesterday.

I live in the country on a back road. I'm not sure what my property taxes go towards but they are awful at plowing and/or sanding our roads so it doesn't seem to be used for that. My road is sheer ice. I've never seen it so bad. I have a pond in the front of my house by the road and my driveway is at the top of a little hill. I pulled out of my drive this morning and my truck immediately slide down that hill, sideways. I'm just glad I didn't end up in the pond. I had to drive on the shoulder where there was some snow just to try to get it turned around and back into my driveway. Took me about 10 minutes to move maybe 30-40 yards. I drive a full sized, 4x4 pickup with snow tires and it just didn't matter. Doesn't help that it's raining now too so the ice is extra slick. Sucks burning through vacation days to sit around in the middle of winter but better than ending up in a ditch trying to get to work.

Reactions: EightyOne

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
I take it you've never been to Canada? .

Not during the middle of winter.

Reason: see your whole paragraph of complaints :laugh:

I think it drizzled/rained like 4 days this winter. hahaha. Still wearing shorts in mid-January, FTW. (also...yes...I will die of thirst before you will....trade offs, man)

Last edited:

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Meh, winters aren't that bad here. It's near the end of January and I've only ever shovelled my driveway once this winter. I have a long driveway so I always think I should get a snowblower but I only usually shovel it maybe 5 times each year. I wouldn't want to live in a place that doesn't have 4 distinct seasons. I don't complain about the cold but I do complain about the heat. Everyone is taking trips to warm places and I just think, no thanks. I'd rather take a trip to Alaska. I just need to get my passport first. Thanks a lot Bin Laden, you jerk.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Also in Dodgeball, Get Out, The Ballad of Buster Scuggs, and a bunch of other bit parts and a ton of voice parts. Stephen Root is a treasure.

I can tell I'm enjoying it. Just finished season 2 and I'm getting invested into it, and the Jake/Amy story. No idea why but it's great!

Reactions: Ogrezilla

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Meh, winters aren't that bad here. It's near the end of January and I've only ever shovelled my driveway once this winter. I have a long driveway so I always think I should get a snowblower but I only usually shovel it maybe 5 times each year. I wouldn't want to live in a place that doesn't have 4 distinct seasons. I don't complain about the cold but I do complain about the heat. Everyone is taking trips to warm places and I just think, no thanks. I'd rather take a trip to Alaska. I just need to get my passport first. Thanks a lot Bin Laden, you jerk.

I need the four seasons too. I hate the bugs that take over everything in the summer and love the cold that kills them off so they can never fully invade. I been down south plenty with the scorpions and killer ants and brown recluse monsters... Nah. I love the cold. Plus my northern European ancestors bestowed blood in me that is semi non bothered by cold weather. I take cool water showers in winter... I hate being hot. Kind of like being tan/black closer to the equator helps you survive... I'm like that in reverse.

Know how in the winter it can go from 0 to 60 at any time? I wonder why the summer isn't like that but with cold. I couldn't imagine having a 90 degree day and it being 30 the next day. It will go from 90 to maybe 60's ish, but that is with a boat load of rain cooling things off. In the winter rain usually comes with warm tropical air. Weird.

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Not during the middle of winter.

Reason: see your whole paragraph of complaints :laugh:

I think it drizzled/rained like 4 days this winter. hahaha. Still wearing shorts in mid-January, FTW. (also...yes...I will die of thirst before you will....trade offs, man)

You mean if things went south and it was armageddon? Well you have 72 hours roughly to find a spring. Good luck. I know of 3 springs within a mile of where I live. I made sure to find them and ask the family where they are-just in case

You choose to live in an arid kind of place. I couldn't live without rain personally. Half my family lives outside Las Vegas and always ask us to move there... hell no. Almost took a job in 21 Palms Cali... hell nah.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Eh. I don't plan on trying to survive an end of society event, lol.

I'll see you all in hell...Lol

Reactions: shoplifter

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
How long can you leave your car in the garage without using it before the battery dies? Because of the weather, I haven't driven it in about a week, but will be needing it this weekend. I'm curious if it will start.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
How long can you leave your car in the garage without using it before the battery dies? Because of the weather, I haven't driven it in about a week, but will be needing it this weekend. I'm curious if it will start.

Many factors.

How fresh is battery? What material is battery made of? How well was it charged prior? How many CCA your car needs to turn the starter enough to get the engine going? How many parasitic electrical draws your car has (alarms/OnStar type shit)? How cold it actually is?

One week, should be fine....get a trickle charger if you plan on doing it often.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Just slept 13 hours. Probably the effects of getting up at 4am and working at least 10 hours a day and having physical therapy thrown in there a few times. After months of not working. :laugh:

Reactions: EightyOne

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Are you back at the office or working from home still?

Back at the office/rural West Virginia.

Went out to a job site yesterday and apparently a local is using it to dump bodies of dead animals. Apparently there's a dead bobcat, coyote, and two pigs. Saw the head and hide of one pig.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016

Okay cool...cool. Nice scenery.

Went out to a job site yesterday and apparently a local is using it to dump bodies of dead animals. Apparently there's a dead bobcat, coyote, and two pigs. Saw the head and hide of one pig.

...uuuuh...yup, sounds about right. Way to go WV...

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Did someone say West Virginia?

But for real, I'm so sorry to hear that.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
mAnBBnt.jpg

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Many factors.

How fresh is battery? What material is battery made of? How well was it charged prior? How many CCA your car needs to turn the starter enough to get the engine going? How many parasitic electrical draws your car has (alarms/OnStar type ****)? How cold it actually is?

One week, should be fine....get a trickle charger if you plan on doing it often.

You can go longer than that, even without the fresh or higher quality battery. I've gone 2 weeks plus a couple of times.

That said, I always back the car in when I leave it, just in case a jump is needed when I return.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad