OT: Cole's OT Bar: -18 and snow to 60 and run to 30 and rain all in one week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I have a friend in pierrefonds
and st jerome... that is all I know of MTL. They nice places?
Well, I live in one of those areas. And like with any area, it has good and little crappy. I am in the good :laugh: St Jerome is less than an hour away from me and has a lovely park with rapids and a waterfall. Go there in the summer for a nice hike.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Oh, how I loved that blue mask of his. That playoff run was just magical. Well, the entire second half of that season was. Lemieux coming back really re-ignited my passion for hockey.

Those playoffs felt more special than any of the cup wins, in a way. Maybe it was because I still had some childhood innocence left before becoming whatever the hell it is that I've become.

It was a hell of a run...

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I switch to red alcohol in the winter, so not much vodka or gin on hand, but it's all yours :)
Vodka and gin can be red...

iu

Reactions: EightyOne

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
With the impending doomsday stormstorm as these clown 'meteorologists' call every single snow storm...
readying up the movies and stuff to watch outside of sports....

Anyone see Mule? That new clint eastwood joint? How is it

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
And the snow begineth.
Watch it fizzle and get like 2 inches and rain at the end to wash it all away.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I got up at 8 this morning to go to the gym before the storm hit, and it's not 2:20 and it hasn't even started raining yet :laugh:
when I put the radar on to 'future' it kind of has barely any snow until 5 6 7 pm... and even then it may be rain...
what happened to the foot of snow forecast from a few hours ago?! every time already

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I've lost about 12 pounds since my injury and am trying to get it back. Getting to (a net of) 2500 calories is a freaking challenge. Especially since I exercise everyday.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Was supposed to start snowing here around 4pm, nothing so far.
Yeah. I'm banking on ... another fizzler of a snow storm here. These weather people are to the point where I dont believe a f***ing word. Just tell me if it will be wet on a day and what percentage of wet is estimated.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think my cat got the cat flu, she's been sniffling and sneezing a lot and now her third eyelid is covering almost half of her left eye. I really hope the humane society vet clinic is open tomorrow, or if it's not, I can schedule something for Monday.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Anybody watch the Smiley Face Killer Documentary tonight.

I dont know if any these deaths are all connected to a very common graffiti symbol.

But you cant convince me those 3 kids got drunk. Walked blocks, hoped a fence walked to the rivers edge and just fell in mid winter.

I just dont see it happening.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I feel like I accomplished a ton today and I still feel like I should have done more.

Changed the oil and oil filter in my truck (checked fluids - brake, power steering, etc).
Rotated my tires (I need to look into buying a lift, my garage has 12ft ceilings, I can probably park underneath it, that'd be so cool).
Changed the brakes in the rear tires, front ones are good for another 3 months at least.
Changed the lights, then adjusted the headlamps.
Cleaned my truck (my gf drove this for 2 days, it took 2 days to accumulate a month's worth of garbage, women being clean is a f***ing myth).
Went to the gym.
Now I am sitting here waiting for the game to start and I feel...lazy?

Reactions: EightyOne

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Also neat news, I'm going to start the process for adopting a dog in the next few days. I'm going to try to become a "sponsor" for a dog, and when I say "sponsor", I basically mean "I'll pay you to take care of the dog until I adopt him in a few months". I don't know if the rescue will agree to doing this, but the dog I've been watching has been available for months now. While my current lease doesn't allow dogs, my new starting in July does and I feel like my idea of "sponsoring" the dog is reasonable. I'll see if they respond positively to it, what seems reasonable to me may not be reasonable to other people :laugh:

My goal is to be able to take care/hang out with the dog over the weekend, with me paying the current foster family to take care of him during the week. Once I move into my new dog friendly apartment, I'll take him in full-time. To me, that is a perfect idea. To the rescue and to the foster family, it might not be as good.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Also neat news, I'm going to start the process for adopting a dog in the next few days. I'm going to try to become a "sponsor" for a dog, and when I say "sponsor", I basically mean "I'll pay you to take care of the dog until I adopt him in a few months". I don't know if the rescue will agree to doing this, but the dog I've been watching has been available for months now. While my current lease doesn't allow dogs, my new starting in July does and I feel like my idea of "sponsoring" the dog is reasonable. I'll see if they respond positively to it, what seems reasonable to me may not be reasonable to other people :laugh:
Good luck!

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Good luck!

I'm curious, does my suggestion seem reasonable to people here? My current idea is that I'll pay the current foster family to take care of the dog until I can fully adopt him, with me being able to take care of him/hang out with him over the weekends. That seems reasonable to me, but there are more than just me involved in this :laugh:

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I'm curious, does my suggestion seem reasonable to people here? My current idea is that I'll pay the current foster family to take care of the dog until I can fully adopt him, with me being able to take care of him/hang out with him over the weekends. That seems reasonable to me, but there are more than just me involved in this :laugh:
It seems reasonable, but six months is a long time. I'm sure something can be worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad