OT: Cole's OT Bar: -18 and snow to 60 and run to 30 and rain all in one week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
In Vancouver now you pretty much get to pick one of those criteria and also replace perfect with good.
From what I've heard of Vancouver anyone would be lucky to afford a carboard box under an overpass in the shady part of town (wherever that may be).

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
That sounds like a trap :laugh:
it may be. I averaged probably 100 deaths per level. But it's designed so that you instantly respawn right at the beginning of each room when you die, so you barely have to redo stuff you've already done. So it's hard, but it's also less frustrating than a lot of other platformers when you die.

Reactions: DegenX

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I just got a call from a former teammate of mine, presumably about me filling in for a practice tonight for Pitt. I didn't answer the phone when I got the call since I didn't recognize the number, but I looked it up after and saw it was a former Pitt teammate. I wish I would have picked it up just to laugh at him. I forgot about Pitt hockey for years before right now, and all of my hatred of it just came back into memory :laugh:

I wouldn't have done it even if I wouldn't despise the program, because I'm a full time employee who is waking up at 4:40 in the morning to go to the gym, but me hating Pitt hockey makes it even easier for me to give a middle finger to that request.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I just got a call from a former teammate of mine, presumably about me filling in for a practice tonight for Pitt. I didn't answer the phone when I got the call since I didn't recognize the number, but I looked it up after and saw it was a former Pitt teammate. I wish I would have picked it up just to laugh at him. I forgot about Pitt hockey for years before right now, and all of my hatred of it just came back into memory :laugh:

I wouldn't have done it even if I wouldn't despise the program, because I'm a full time employee who is waking up at 4:40 in the morning to go to the gym, but me hating Pitt hockey makes it even easier for me to give a middle finger to that request.
I had no idea Pitt had hockey. Of course they do, but I never even considered it before.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Man I wish I was Oprah rich. I do alright. But yeah it's ridiculous here though for housing. Anyone that thinks moving to Canada is cheap, eye opener living in Vancouver.

Is that a thing? I mean, it varies greatly depending on where you live but Canada isn't exactly a cheap place to live. Cost of living is fairly high, plus we're taxed out the ***. I don't know how most people in Toronto do it. Even making $100,000 wouldn't be enough to live comfortably there if you bought your own home, unless you want a long commute from hell into work every day. Vancouver is even worse. At least Vancouver is beautiful though. I avoid Toronto unless absolutely necessary. But, I'm just a small town country boy so I'm biased.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Is that a thing? I mean, it varies greatly depending on where you live but Canada isn't exactly a cheap place to live. Cost of living is fairly high, plus we're taxed out the ***. I don't know how most people in Toronto do it. Even making $100,000 wouldn't be enough to live comfortably there if you bought your own home, unless you want a long commute from hell into work every day. Vancouver is even worse. At least Vancouver is beautiful though. I avoid Toronto unless absolutely necessary. But, I'm just a small town country boy so I'm biased.
My gf, when she moved to Vancouver and I moved to Seattle, we did the travel thing to see each other and she was renting at the time. I bought an apartment which wasn't too expensive, about on par for the most part with what I had in Bellevue, so it "felt" normal but she thought it'd be much cheaper in Canada for some reason and I was like, how?

Cost of living in Vancouver is ridiculous, I don't know how the locals here will plan to buy homes when they're starting families. I am lucky that I have a career that pays me very well, otherwise, I wouldn't be in what is essentially my dream home right now. We'd be looking at buying further out of the city, there was a point where we almost looked at her maybe looking at jobs in Seattle because up until June last year, I still had my apartment in Bellevue that I was doing an Air BnB at and would have just cleaned up and moved back there until we could find careers back in Pittsburgh or at least in the East Coast somewhere.

But yeah, Vancouver is beautiful when you can drown out the noise, which we do. She works near Kitsilano (sp?), which is this hipster-ish kind of place, pricey, and we go hiking and camping a lot up and near Whistler and etc.

It's been a while now, I sometimes catch myself talking like a local.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I got Super Mario Bros U Deluxe to remind myself how terrible I am with side scrollers. Nostalgia is a helluva a drug :laugh:

You want to really beat yourself up with a side-scroller?

Play Contra.

Holy crap, new games have made us all weak ass motherf***ers. Contra is ruthless.

Reactions: DegenX

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Saw two more houses today. One in Polish Hill and the other in Stanton Heights. Polish Hill already got an offer as of last night and I didn't like it enough to put in one of my own. The Stanton Heights one was much nicer than I expected. I may put in a low offer but I should probably wait to see what's going on with my knee. Can't imagine that buying a house while on Oxycodone would be a good idea.

Reactions: BHD and EightyOne

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Anyone got any non-touristy recommendations for NOLA? I've got 5 days there for a conference, and I'm giving my paper the first day, so I'll have a lot of time to get day drunk on Sazeracs.
Non-touristy? You mean you don't want to nom on beignets and drink chicory all day? Picking a district and wandering around is my go to plan for any new city I visit.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Non-touristy? You mean you don't want to nom on beignets and drink chicory all day? Picking a district and wandering around is my go to plan for any new city I visit.

9th Ward, maybe?

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
People watching is under-rated, especially in a place like New Orleans. Plus, you get a free sugar coating if you sit long enough ;)

I’ve taken dates to the airport to people watch at the international arrivals gate. It’s fun especially when you make up funny stories about the people coming out of customs. It’s also nice because everyone is usually happy to see everyone.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Stop playing as Toadette. ;)

Are you the one that's in HR? If so, I've got a question for you.
I'm not in HR, but I have dealt enough with HR to know a fair amount.

And no...not because I get in trouble with HR, but mostly with hiring and firings, I end up just learning a ton from them and man HR people are usually bored and don't have anyone to talk to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille