OT: Cole's Coffee Shop: Let's talk internet in the 90s

Status
Not open for further replies.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
I hate that too, it's always tough to get back to sleep, most of the time I just give up and given to the realization that I won't get any sleep that night.

This is where I'm at. Ik that I'm going to wake up somewhere around midnight and fall back asleep, only to wake up around 2 and stay awake. Once I quit fighting it and accepted it it's not awful lol.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
I typically don't have that problem. I've always been a morning person so getting up and going doesn't really start to effect me until the evening. Lately though sleep deprivation has started to take it's toll.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I typically don't have the problem. I've always been a morning person so getting up and going doesn't really start to effect me until the evening. Lately though sleep deprivation has started to take it's toll.

If I am up, I can truck through the day, but if I can, I will zone out and take a 30-40min nap, but every time I wake up from those, I usually feel worse. I don't know why I do it, I think at this age I just can't help it anymore and my body just says "lol, nice try dude, we're shutting down bro and you're powerless for like 30mins, but you'll wake up even more tired and confused."

Reactions: End of Line

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Flying to Canada tomorrow. The arena in Ottawa looks like a right pain to get to which is a shame, tickets available for $30. Toronto is easier thankfully.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
If I am up, I can truck through the day, but if I can, I will zone out and take a 30-40min nap, but every time I wake up from those, I usually feel worse. I don't know why I do it, I think at this age I just can't help it anymore and my body just says "lol, nice try dude, we're shutting down bro and you're powerless for like 30mins, but you'll wake up even more tired and confused."

That feeling is why I hate naps. lmao. I've also hated the idea of sleeping during the day when the sun is out. Work schedules and Health obviously play a role in that but for me, if the suns out I'm up lol.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
My body doesn’t really nap. If I’m on a plane/train/bus I can but other than that nothing.

I can’t sleep on any of those. If I go see a movie no matter what time of the day I’ll fall asleep about a third of the time :laugh:

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
For some reason, I usually nap and tend to be more tired in general on days when I get 7-8 hours of sleep. If I get less than, I wake up hating everything but once I'm out the door I'm good all day.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I sometimes get full belly heavy eyelid syndrome. Powering through it is not an option :laugh:

I have a mattress set up in the storeroom next to my desk so I can eat while working then nap on my lunch break. :)

Reactions: DegenX

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I've been running on 4-6 hours of sleep a night with one 24 hour awake days going on 4 years.

Decidedly detrimental to MANY aspects of daily life.

I gotta get a better situation.

Found out an interesting tid bit about my Spine this morning. Had a follow up with my primary Dr and I asked her specifically what is wrong with my spine since my surgeon talked to me in terms I couldn't comprehend. She read to me what the Radiologist said which was a herniated disc at L5-S1 plus scar tissue. My Neurosurgeon read it completely different and more thorough. He said, "2 Large Disc protrusions at L5-L6-S1 and scar tissue." Turns out that I've had two herniated discs this entire time. So, finding that news out and being diagnosed with clinical depression all in the same morning kind of took what I was feeling last week and flushed it down the ****ter. Monday's right? lol. Just had to get that off my chest.

Hopefully they have a possible solution to your back pain.

Intimately familiar with the depression. Nothing I can say that will help other than: depression is a bitch. Just keep fighting. I know that every day can feel like a battle that takes everything out of you and makes the thought of tomorrow an impossibly steep hill to climb.

Last edited:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
What's the typical life span of an ink cartridge for an inkjet printer? It seems like I'm constantly buying new ones even though I don't use my printer all that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad