OT: Cole's Coffee Shop: Let's talk internet in the 90s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
I started losing my hair at 18 and after five years of fighting nature’s course I’m getting it buzzed tomorrow. Self-confidence is at zero.
It’s not fair and for those men that have a full head of hair, you will never understand.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Are you kidding, I could spot that bird’s nest two blocks away.

George: Ha ha ha ha, oh all right, go ahead, deride, deride if you must. But let me tell you something, with my personality and this set of hair, you know what I am now? I am in the game. I no longer defer to the coifed. I'm a player.

Kramer: You know I just thought of something. I know this gorgeous woman, she called me up this morning, she's moving into the city, and she asked me if I know of anyone she could meet. Now you can go out with her.

Jerry: Well what about me?

Kramer: No I think he's got you beat buddy.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
George: Ha ha ha ha, oh all right, go ahead, deride, deride if you must. But let me tell you something, with my personality and this set of hair, you know what I am now? I am in the game. I no longer defer to the coifed. I'm a player.

Kramer: You know I just thought of something. I know this gorgeous woman, she called me up this morning, she's moving into the city, and she asked me if I know of anyone she could meet. Now you can go out with her.

Jerry: Well what about me?

Kramer: No I think he's got you beat buddy.
6039F2F1-C4AF-44E0-A3E9-D08E866F0688.jpeg

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one, but I never cared for Seinfeld. The show or the comedian.

I could never get into the show since every single one of the characters is a tremendous ****bag. I'm sure I missed the great comedy of our generation or whatever, but I don't know. I get that it was kind of the point, but it was hard for me to enjoy the jokes when all I wanted to do was strangle that little bald ****er every time he opened his mouth.

Plus, Jerry Seinfeld is a certified creep.

Reactions: Clare2904

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I liked Seinfeld, I felt the characters interaction with each other was more real than the other stuff, like who talked to each other the way they did in Friends, HIMYM, and other sitcoms?

CYE was hit or miss for me, I didn't mind the show, but I found Larry David more annoying than anything.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The thing about Seinfeld and CYE is, you're not really supposed to like any of the characters. They're bad people. :laugh:

Yeah, that's what I love about Seinfeld, it's a more "yeah that's how I would react to that" with a few outlandish moments (mostly George, dude is just out of whack with everything, but you relate to that psycho somehow).

CYE - It's mostly like...if the most annoying person you knew was with you all the time.

Back to gym talk for a hot minute, why are OSX fitness apps so terrible?

I don't use fitness apps, I have never been one to need motivation or tracking for that sort of thing. My Iphone does have the stupid health tracker though, my gf tried to compete with me for steps throughout the day, but when I am done at the gym, she gets destroyed for steps, lol. She uses her fitbit app on her Iphone.

I think the UnderArmor app is fairly decent from what people tell me with what it is now, I used to use it for running. I used to use it to run "dick shapes" on my tracker to troll my gf and friends when we prep for marathons.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I'm mostly looking for an app that keeps track of my progress, not motivation, so I don't have to bring a notebook when I go lift. All the ones I've tried though just have terrible UX or you have to enter everything manually 5-6 times (and it still f***s the manually added ones up) instead of just being like "weighted pull ups +16 kg, 3x10, go!".

Any app that had good suggestions for new programs/routines when I start to get bored of my usual conditioning stuff would be a nice bonus, but I can get by doing my usual judo workout. :laugh:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Seinfeld, Always Sunny, and Arrested Development are all shows about completely horrible people. And all three are near the top of my list of funniest shows ever made.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm mostly looking for an app that keeps track of my progress, not motivation, so I don't have to bring a notebook when I go lift. All the ones I've tried though just have terrible UX or you have to enter everything manually 5-6 times (and it still ****s the manually added ones up) instead of just being like "weighted pull ups +16 kg, 3x10, go!".

Any app that had good suggestions for new programs/routines when I start to get bored of my usual conditioning stuff would be a nice bonus, but I can get by doing my usual judo workout. :laugh:
Just use the notes feature, or better yet, I think getting a planner app is more what you need.

Productive - is a good app, good for tracking when you're active, you can add notes, etc. You can also go back and see dates on the calender for entries.

I use that one for stuff.

Reactions: HandshakeLin

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Finally got a package from the UK from Arrow Video of horror films I ordered a month ago.

Now I just gotta wait for my replacement copy of a limited edition blu-ray set that I ordered from them (that was lost in the mail due to their own stupidity) to turn up and I'm all set.

Between their customer service really going down the shitter in the last 6 months and their new cheap ass (and garbage as a result in terms of reliability) international shipping methods, I think I'm done ordering from them directly.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I believe the farthest I can get from WV is Perth, Australia. I think I may head there when I'm needed most for this project.

Perth is really nice Randy. Not a big city but big enough at 2 million. Great beaches close by and the weather is awesome. Pretty laid back too.

imouttahereEdWinger

Jan 22, 2014
My buddy and I had a great conversation of the internet from like 1995-1999 from netscape navigator to bonzi buddy.

The Best Page in the Universe guy who made his career out of making fun of children's artwork has turned into a total slimeball and is suing people for $400m for making fun of him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad