Confirmed with Link: ColePens Said ANYTHING for the B2B Cup (Hornqvist traded to Florida for Matheson + Sceviour)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Really mate?

When you ask a bloke hey can you waive that thing we gave you that we gave so you don't get traded, so we can trade you showing we don't want you and not only that mate, we'll literally negotiate a f***ing deal and then have it all set but contingent on you finally finding out and waiving which if you said no to, will now be on a team where they wanted you gone but you said piss off.

oh the humanity. How could they negotiate a trade. Take that big knife out of his back. That poor bastard.

get over it.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
Anyone who is getting mad at these deals or is upset about losing their favorite player needs to relax and ask themselves a simple question...

“Does it really matter that X was traded for X?“

It’s all a small matter when the GM has gone bananas.

Who cares if they just traded for a guy that may be an albatross for six years... JR would have just made a similar deal in FA if he didn’t make this trade.

Once people accept that they will just laugh at JR GMing like Dr Gonzo on a bender.

GMJR needs one of those 9 AM "lids". At least it would reduce the number of hours in the day during which he can do these kinds of things.

Reactions: Jules Winnfield

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
GMJR needs one of those 9 AM "lids". At least it would reduce the number of hours in the day during which he can do these kinds of things.

JR reminds me of that guy who keeps stepping on the floorboards and hitting himself in the dome no matter which direction he turns, because he can’t figure out he’s doing the same dumb thing over and over.

Once you take your Pens fandom out of it, it’s kind of funny.

Last edited:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
JR reminds me of that guy who keeps stepping on the floorboards and hitting himself in the dome no matter which direction he turns.

Once you take your Pens fandom out of it, it’s kind of funny.

Sideshow Jim

AcceptablePepperyIslandwhistler-size_restricted.gif

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I can’t believe I have to post this, but hockey players air out their gear outside all the time.

For those of you who never played and didn’t know this, now you can relax.

Hornqvists shoes didn’t land perfectly next to each other and his pants didn’t jump out of his bag in an upright position.

Bah! Anti-microbial spray, gear tree, and a 36" box fan in a corner of the garage!

Hell, a pro player can afford the gear trees with fans built in, or the Ozone closet thing!

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Horny has every right to be pissed.

JR dumped him the same way a pathetic dude dumps a person via text. No guts to just do it straight up.
Totally.

I feel horrible for the guy. He must be really hurting... it's not like he gets paid upwards of $5M+ to play a kids game in an era when tons of people have lost their jobs due to COVID.

Oh wait, yeah I don't. If he was crushing it and producing, the guy woudn't have got dealt, but he was doing none of that.

When you consistently don't perform up to expectations or earn your keep, changes must be made. Thats just how the business side of hockey works.

Reactions: Ryder71

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Totally.

I feel horrible for the guy. He must be really hurting... it's not like he gets paid upwards of $5M+ to play a kids game in an era when tons of people have lost their jobs due to COVID.

Oh wait, yeah I don't. If he was crushing it and producing, the guy woudn't have got dealt, but he was doing none of that.

When you consistently don't perform up to expectations or earn your keep, changes must be made. Thats just how the business side of hockey works.

Yeah you're right. How dare a 50pt pace bloke that is paid to be a 50pt player while doing it being misused and doing it primarily on 5v5 be mad a f***ing asshole gm didn't have the f***ing balls to come to him like a man and ask him to waive and have the bloke find out by media first.

That's a f***ing shit move and people that think that isn't, maybe you're also shit people.

Nah, not maybe.

Reactions: ericstrat1

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Am I bothered?

Yeah because they wouldn't do that to Sid and Geno so why do they f***ing feel they have the right to treat Horny like shit? And yeah they treated him like shit with that deal.

They didn't ask him to waive.
They negotiated a deal and the media leaked it and Horny and his family had that out there and then JR ASKED HIM. After the deal was basically made. They asked him then and only then.

That's f***ing bullshit.
f***ing bullshit. That isn't how you treat a player that was first class to the team and how he put his f***ing body on the line each game. They've treated a worse player like JJ, far better.

Reactions: ericstrat1

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010

“Hey fat, come on man! Cut me some slack jack before me, Cornpop and the rest of the guys come looking for you with broken bottles...”

Time for them both to hang them up.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Am I bothered?

Yeah because they wouldn't do that to Sid and Geno so why do they f***ing feel they have the right to treat Horny like shit? And yeah they treated him like shit with that deal.

They negotiated a deal and the media leaked it and Horny and his family had that out there and then JR ASKED HIM. After the deal was basically made. They asked him then and only then.

That's f***ing bullshit.
f***ing bullshit. That isn't how you treat a player that was first class to the team and how he put his f***ing body on the line each game. They've treated a worse player like JJ, far better.

I get that your upset, but it's not bullshit. That's the business man, that's how it works.

You basically have two options: ask him before you get the deal in place or ask him after you get the deal in place. Regardless of which is chosen, someone here will be upset. Being shocked that you got traded does not mean the organization is treating you like shit. The organization trading a player you like does not mean they are treating him like shit.

Players get traded all the time. Players are shocked all the time. Let's not get too far into the weeds pretending this is some unprecedented event that has broke the mold in terms of player "treatment".

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I get that your upset, but it's not bullshit. That's the business man, that's how it works.

You basically have two options: ask him before you get the deal in place or ask him after you get the deal in place. Regardless of which is chosen, someone here will be upset. Being shocked that you got traded does not mean the organization is treating you like shit. The organization trading a player you like does not mean they are treating him like shit.

Players get traded all the time. Players are shocked all the time. Let's not get too far into the weeds pretending this is some unprecedented event that has broke the mold in terms of player "treatment".

I think as a general rule of thumb, they should get the phone call before it hits the media. Especially if it's the offseason and not in the run-up to the TDL.

I want the org to at least make a good faith effort to reach the player beforehand.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I think as a general rule of thumb, they should get the phone call before it hits the media. Especially if it's the offseason and not in the run-up to the TDL.

I want the org to at least make a good faith effort to reach the player beforehand.
You do realize Horny with his NTC or NMC would have to sign off first, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gurglesons

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So...that goal Corey Perry just scored in 2OT to keep the Stars alive, that was a Horny goal. Who on the roster does that for us now?

I think our bigger problem is who do we have like Klingberg on D who can create a shooting lane and get a hard enough shot on net to create a rebound opportunity around the net. I think we have more people who could be at the net like Jake and no one who could make the shot klingberg did

Reactions: canadianguy77

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Am I bothered?

That's f***ing bullshit.
First off Horny isn't on the level of Sid or Geno, regarding talent or tenure. And on a different subject what's with all this ''bloke'' and ''mate'' stuff? I don't remember you using those terms all that much in the past. Where are you originally from? The UK? South Africa? Outer Mongolia? Where?

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I think our bigger problem is who do we have like Klingberg on D who can create a shooting lane and get a hard enough shot on net to create a rebound opportunity around the net. I think we have more people who could be at the net like Jake and no one who could make the shot klingberg did

Nick Bonino scored a very similar goal in the 2016 ECSF to send us to the ECF if I remember correctly.

The Hornqvists and Corey Perrys are exceptional at scoring dirty netfront goals, but they don't exactly have a monopoly on them.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad