Player Discussion: Cole Perfetti 10th OA pick

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I bet a friend on draft day the same thing. A friendly dinner at 529 is the wager.

Bold.. Ps'... bold...

e4d03e10ba48201e6b6d5738ede26d0d.gif

Reactions: ps241

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Welcome to the taxi squad ;)
Must be a nice treat to have your daily wage multiplied by 10! I do wonder if all of these paper transx. with cash effects pisses off guys like Vesalainen/Stanley who get screwed on a full week’s salary at the NHL level.

Reactions: SCP Guy

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Must be a nice treat to have your daily wage multiplied by 10! I do wonder if all of these paper transx. with cash effects pisses off guys like Vesalainen/Stanley who get screwed on a full week’s salary at the NHL level.
My guess is the rational has been clearly explained to the players involved and they are onboard. Getting into NHL games is their opportunity. In terms of KV the Jets have previously allowed him to make money playing in Europe and I don’t see Stanley caring about anything other than opportunity at this point.

Reactions: Jet and voyageur

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
My guess is the rational has been clearly explained to the players involved and they are onboard. Getting into NHL games is their opportunity. In terms of KV the Jets have previously allowed him to make money playing in Europe and I don’t see Stanley caring about anything other than opportunity at this point.
I’m sure nobody’s openly complaining at the prospect of playing in the best league, just thinking out loud.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I’m sure nobody’s openly complaining at the prospect of playing in the best league, just thinking out loud.
Most teams will be squeezing every nickel this season. The lower rung players on the Moose are still a couple weeks away from their first pay check in a better part of a year.

Reactions: surixon

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Do the Moose even have another C?

Suess was sent down. After that it is Graovac from the Canucks, on loan, and Cole Maier. Reichel has also played centre for the Moose. Gustafsson probably gets another week to make his impression as well.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Happy for you guys to get Perfetti. I was a lot higher on him than 10th and couldn’t believe when Rossi and Perfetti were still there when the Wild picked. Hope he gets into a few games; that would be so much fun.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Happy for you guys to get Perfetti. I was a lot higher on him than 10th and couldn’t believe when Rossi and Perfetti were still there when the Wild picked. Hope he gets into a few games; that would be so much fun.

Yea back at you with Rossi. When they were both surprisingly available at #9 it felt like Deja vu. In 2014 I was a big fan of Ehlers and Nylander and couldn't believe when they both fell to #8 and I knew we would get one of them. Same thing happened in 2015, I was a really big fan of Barzal and Connor and I knew we would get a crack at one of them when they both fell to #16 and we picked at #17 (thank you Boston). This year watching both Rossi and Perfetti to #9 when we picked at #10 thrilled me. Also props to Chevy and company for talking the asset that was left to us.

What is the status or Rossi.....sorry to ask but I haven't been following anything outside our division yet.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Good stuff. Can always be converted down the line if need be but if he can be another impact center it gives us options in a couple of years.
I'd much, much, much rather have him spend time in the NHL in the top six as a winger than languishing as centre on the fourth line because Schiefele, Dubois and Lowry are ahead of him. We drafted him as a top six player, specifically as our number two centre. If Dubois takes that spot from him, then he needs to move to the wing. He proved at the world juniors that he can play either position.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Vancouver is kind of a mess... I'd love to see Harkins-Perfetti-Appleton or maybe Harks at C as our 4th line

Shelter Perfetti on the 4th line if he's not on the Moose... this board is way way over-estimating his readiness

Klondiker98

Klondiker98
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2020
I'd much, much, much rather have him spend time in the NHL in the top six as a winger than languishing as centre on the fourth line because Schiefele, Dubois and Lowry are ahead of him. We drafted him as a top six player, specifically as our number two centre. If Dubois takes that spot from him, then he needs to move to the wing. He proved at the world juniors that he can play either position.
He proved at the world juniors , that yes he can play at all positions . However upon observation it also proved he's not ready for prime time just yet. If he can't keep up with his peers , how can he keep up with men.

Reactions: RabidOne

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Vancouver is kind of a mess... I'd love to see Harkins-Perfetti-Appleton or maybe Harks at C as our 4th line

Shelter Perfetti on the 4th line if he's not on the Moose... this board is way way over-estimating his readiness

With our current roster, I wouldn't be looking to have him with the Jets at all. Nothing wrong with getting in a bunch of games in the AHL (especially since in other years he wouldn't have been able to at this point).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad